Zion.t and Wife

Detective Beenzino


"Wow, it's so fancy. It's larger than Dok2's place." Chanyeol gaped as we walked up to Zion.t's manor. It had beautiful gardens with statues and benches, and the house was painted a deep burgundy; very classy. I had forgotten that Chanyeol hadn't seen much like this. His surprised face looked awfully cute, no wonder I kept him around.

"Yeah, he's got a lot of money, almost as much as Dok2; his family just invested in a nicer house. Since it's fancier you need to be extra polite, alright?" I said, wrapping an arm around Chanyeol.

"I'm not a little boy, Beenzino." Chanyeol whined, pouting. I laughed, walking up to the door of the manor. A few knocks, and a butler opened the door.

"You must be the detective and his assistant. Come right this way, they've been expecting you." The young butler said with a well-practiced smile. I nodded, Chanyeol doing the same, and we were lead through a hallway best described as grand, and into a well decorated tearoom.

In said tearoom was a sofa accompanied by two large, well-padded chairs with a coffee table in-between. A man and a woman were sitting on the couch, the man looking more or less relaxed, contrasted by a very worried looking woman. Zion.t and Park Seyoon in the flesh.

"Sit yourself down." came a musical voice from the man. Zion.t's real name was Kim Haesol, but he wished for people to call him by his nickname for unknown reasons.

"Good evening." I started, sitting down in one of the chairs, Chanyeol unceremoniously plopping himself down into the other. I glared at him for a split second to remind him to be extra polite.

"How are you?" Chanyeol asked, attempting to set the mood. This interview felt different from the others, it seemed more classy, more important.

"We're fine, thank you." Zion.t's wife said. She seemed impatient, wanting things to go at a much faster pace than her husband.

"As you probably already know, Mr Dok2 has lost his hairline. Oddly enough he believes it was you, Mr Zion, who stole it." I started off, listening to the white noise of he house and Chanyeol's scrawling.

"Mm yes, the hairline. Dok2 once had a fine head of hair but now it's gone." Zion.t drawled.

"Yes, do you know anything about the theft of the hairline?"

"Well, one day his hair was there, and now, not so much. I am but a poor mortal soul, how would one such as I steal a hairline?" Zion.t questioned.

"But do you know anyone who would?" I pressed on.

"I am not one for robbery. No one who I know would dream of stealing the hairline, unless they are a thief, which is in fact quite possible." Zion.t stated.

"And who would those possible thieves be?"

"I have no clue." He said blankly.

I groaned, he was far too confusing. Maybe I needed to be more direct. "Were either of you ever jealous of Mr Dok2?"

Seyoon shook her head. "No, I was never completely unjealous of him." Zion.t said, and Chanyeol grimaced in confusion.

"When was the last time you personally talked to Mr Dok2?" I asked, losing patience quickly.

"Hm, I saw him at a dinner party and we chatted with him and The Quiett, but that was months ago." Seyoon remarked, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"Have any of your house workers been near Dok2's place?" Chanyeol asked.

"As far as I know not a single one of them has mingled with Dok2's place but I am just a mere man, what am I to--"

"No." Seyoon cut her husband off with charming smile.

"Do you, by chance, own anything that could polish a hardwood floor?" I asked.

"No! We've been out of floor polish for years. Thank you for reminding me! Simon Dominic!" Zion.t screeched.

"Yessir?" A butler asked.

"Buy floor polish next time you buy something, alright?"

"Of course sir. Anything else?" The butler replied curtly.

"No. Say hello to the nice detective!" Zion.t grinned, flicking his wrist in our general direction. Simon Dominic gave us a small, pained wave and smile before exiting the room.

"Is it okay if I take photos of some things here?" Chanyeol asked.

"A connoisseur of the arts I see." Zion.t exclaimed. "Of course you may."

Chanyeol frowned. "It's for evidence." Zion.t shrugged and dragged him out of the tea room, bag and all.

I was left all alone with Seyoon in the room. She smiled sweetly at me, and took a sip of her tea. I did the same. "So, I see your boyfriend is a good assistant, eh?"

I nearly spat out my tea in surprise. "Really, I'm not courting him at all." From how warm my cheeks felt it was obvious I was blushing.

"Sweetheart, it's okay. He's a cute kid, no wonder you have feelings for him." Seyoon said, delicately setting down her teacup.

"I don't have feelings for him that way. We aren't even friends. We just work together." I stated, suddenly wishing that Chanyeol were here to clear things up.

"Oh, I see you haven't told him yet. Well don't worry, he's here now." Seyoon got out of her seat and glided her way over to my assistant, whispering something in his ear. Chanyeol nodded and grinned, only after looking at Seyoon with the utmost seriousness.

Quickly Seyoon shooed us out of the estate, and we found ourselves back into the street in record time. Chanyeol still had that dumb grin on his face, and some pep in his step.

"Seyoon said you had something special to tell me!" he grinned. Oh no, think fast.

"Really? Like what?" I bluffed, trying to direct the conversation away from my supposed "feelings" for my assistant.

"I dunno. Maybe a pay raise?" my assistant tried to wiggle his eyebrows, but they were hidden by his rather long brown hair.

"No..." I trailed off.

"Is it my birthday?! Is it your birthday?!" Chanyeol seemed to be more excited than usual.

"No."

Chanyeol's eyes widened. "ARE YOU ENGAGED?!"

"NO! She wanted me to tell you to, eh, get a haircut!" I said, and for the record, did not have feelings for Chanyeol. Chanyeol frowned, possibly pouting.

"You're paying for it."

A/N
What the happened in this chapter. I just kinda went with the flow and then this happened. I am so sorry.