The Chefs (and one milkman)

Detective Beenzino


"You three," I pointed to the three chefs. "you three have been deemed suspicious."

The three cooks looked at each-other, shaking their heads in unison. "Why would that be?" Nochang asked, leaning back in his chair.

"We haven't done anything wrong." Kyung frowned.

Hanbin sneezed. "Kyung and I have been sick for a week and a half! We weren't in the house when it happened! We had the flu." He squeaked, sounding congested.

"So only Nochang has been here?" Three nods. "Rumor has it you three are rather shady."

"Look here." Nochang pointed to his eyes. I realized he looked eerily like me. "My boys work hard everyday to feed Mr Dok2 and The Quiett and whatever guests they have. Everyday we try our best to serve this house and you're blaming us for a petty crime? Shame on you."

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, clearly angry. "He's just trying to do his job. Where were you even when the crime occurred?"

"Sleeping in my apartment. I got half the day off."

I sighed, my lookalike was rather bothersome. "So what do you three know about the case?"

"I heard that someone snuck through the window, and stole the hairline." Kyung said, flipping around a kitchen knife.

"Apparently they sold it on the black market!" Hanbin added.

Just then the back door opened, revealing a dorky looking milkman, holding a box with a set of milk bottles. The little tag on his shirt read "Giri". He waved awkwardly, setting down the milk bottles. Kyung pulled out a chair, and the young milkman was quickly ushered into it, and was filled in by the head chef himself.

I looked at the milkman, who already looked relatively nervous. "Well, what do you know?"

Giri fidgeted around, not being able to find a comfortable position. "The hairline was stolen in the dead of the night, I come here in the mornings, I couldn't have stolen it; please can I leave?"

I sighed deeply, this boy wasn't going to do things the easy way. "What. Do. You. Know."

Giri started up again. "Not much, really. The only reason why I know it was stolen was because of these guys' gossip."

"The thief left the floor with some weird polished substance, I doubt he has access to any chemicals that could do that." Chanyeol said, bringing some common sense into the room. I nodded, and waved Giri off, the milkman running out of the house.

"Now, who do you three think stole the hairline?" I asked. The cooks knew the house the best, they had worked there for many years and knew the fastest ways to get to places in the house, definitely evidence against them.

"Personally, I think the maids stole it. The have the keys to every room in the house." Nochang said.

"Yeah, and they're real shady too, always planning something." Hanbin added.

"They're always whispering to each-other, they've probably been planning it out for weeks." Kyung pitched in. "Besides, they have bleach and other chemicals that could have polished the floor."

A/N
Next chapter is the last interview! Things should get exciting soon, I swear. Sorry for not updating, life got in the way. I've got a few new subscribers, thanks y'all! Comments are appreciated