And so it has begun

Detective Beenzino


"Sungbin, sir." A low voice rumbled as a young boy, my odd assistant Park Chanyeol, walked in. The voice and the face didn't match and it took me a good two weeks of deductive reasoning to figure out that yes, that was his real voice and no, his vocal cords were not fake. 

"Yes?" I had asked, exasperated as I was trying to finish paying our taxes. Yes, I had taken the young boy under my wing, which meant I had to deal with his oddball comments 24/7. You can thank me later. 

"We have a new case and it's urgent," Chanyeol took a shaky breath, trying to finish his sentence. "Dok2's hairline has been stolen." I threw down my papers in surprise. 

"What?" I proceeded to take a sip of tea, only to spit it out all over my annoyed assistant's face. Chanyeol furrowed his brows and nodded, looking even more annoyed. 

"Yes sir, his hairline just disappeared last week. He claims it was stolen and will pay us a million won if we are able to return it." Chanyeol handed me the file, and I quickly read through it. "He blames Mr Zion.t of the Crucial Star paper company."

"Good job. Tell him we will be there at eight o'clock sharp." I said sternly. There is no such thing as too much discipline, especially when it comes to young orphaned assistants. 

"Yes sir!"

----

"You have any more information?" I asked my brunette assistant as he hopped into the carriage.

"The other suspects are the gardener, the mailman, the neighbors and his roommate. However this Dok2 character blames Zion.t for unknown reasons." Chanyeol shuffled his papers again, shoving them into his messenger bag, which was already full of miscellaneous items, such as a sandwich, a rubber duck and an old sketchbook. To say the least Chanyeol was disorganized. 

"Follow me." the youth said as he grabbed my hand, running through the garden, trying to get to the back door of the mansion as fast as physically possible. After dragging me over two rosebushes we suddenly halted, as my young assistant tripped over his own feet, that clumsy .  

"I feel like a pincushion." I said, pulling branches off my suit jacket. I am quite the high class detective, so of course I had to dress like one. Chanyeol on the other hand, he dressed like a low down commoner, which in retrospect; he is. After what seemed like two hours of dusting ourselves off we walked up to the back door. Chanyeol knocked on the heavy door three times and waited. Eventually a series of knocks responded and the door opened to reveal a man in a top hat. 

"Hullo sir, Detective Beenzino at your service. And you are Dok2, I assume?" I had said, being as official as possible. I used to carry a pipe around until the Ministry of Detectives banned it, frowning down on "promotion of tobacco use". 

"Yes, it is I. Make your way into the study, do you want some tea?" the top-hat wearing man said, leading us through multiple large rooms, each the size of the small space Chanyeol had called home. Eventually we found ourselves in a large study, filled with books and papers and the such, occupied by another man. 

"Tea, good sirs?" a young maid who we eventually knew as Tymee, asked, and we nodded. She scurried out, eager to be away from us newcomers. 

"Can you help me find my hairline? I miss it so." Dok2 sighed, sitting next to the man, well known as The Quiett. He was verging on tears as he pulled off his top hat, The Quiett patting his back mournfully. Chanyeol and I gasped in horror at the sight of his (lack of) hairline. 

"We'll do our best, good sir. When did  you first notice your hairline's disappearance? Chanyeol, record this." I sternly said, and Chanyeol nodded, pulling out a pad and looking at the master of the house. 

"Last week. I woke up and when I looked in the mirror it was gone! Zion.t that bastard, always knew he was jealous of my hair...." Dok2 trailed off, frowning sharply. The room faded into silence, the only sounds being Chanyeol's pen scratching on paper and Tymee making tea in the kitchen. 

"And why do you think Zion.t wanted to steal your hairline?" I posed my question, leaning forward the slightest bit for dramatic effect. 

"Back in the day we went to school together and my hair got all the ladies. Zion.t never got to court a woman in university, was always jealous of my hair 'cause it got all the girls. He must have wanted to get revenge." Dok2 rattled off, blaming this Zion.T fellow. Chanyeol nodded quickly, scribbling notes down at light-speed. 

"Isn't Zion.t married to Park Seyoon?" Chanyeol inquired once he had finished recording the response, referencing Zion.t's beautiful wife. I shot him a look that said "shut up" after noticing Dok2's face grow rather dark. 

"Tea, good sirs. Need anything else?" Tymee asked, breaking the tension, and we all shook our heads. She quickly exited the room, off to do other work.

"Are there any traces of Zion.t's presence? Is there any evidence of him stealing your hairline, or are you guessing?" I asked, and Dok2 racked his brain for the appropriate answer, which meant he was most likely just blaming Zion.t. 

"Well... no. There are no footprints, or anything of the sort. I just know it was Zion.t, that's all!" Dok2 said, frowning. Chanyeol snickered behind his hand before going back to scribbling notes. The Quiett, still completely silent, glared at my young assistant. 

"Control your face, Chanyeol. Now Dok2, may we search the house for any evidence of the theif?" I asked the tiny man, rising from my seat, mug of tea in hand. Dok2 nodded as Chanyeol and I exited the study. As soon as Dok2 thought we were gone he burst into tears, and we could hear The Quiett consoling him. 

Dok2's bedroom was devoid of any evidence, just a simple bed with linen sheets and a rosewood dresser with a matching bedside table, decorated with an oil lamp. No evidence whatsoever here. The kitchen was even less helpful, and the ballroom was spot-free. In fact, there was no physical evidence at all in the entire house. Either the evidence was cleaned up, possibly disposed of or there was none to begin with. More interviews were all we could do.

A/N
What am I getting myself into here? BTW if you don't know who Park Seyoon is then you're gonna have to google him, 'cause I'm damn lazy. I have a feeling these chapters will be quite short so too bad. However, I will be able to update frequently.

Can you guess who Beenzino's gonna interview next? Who do you think stole dok2's hairline? Will your questions be answered next chapter? Probably not!