The Postman

Detective Beenzino


"I can't believe we're interviewing a postman. A freaking postman." Chanyeol groaned as I opened the door to let in said postman. We had oh-so-kindly let the frail boy, twenty-three at most, be interviewed at our study.

"Good evening Mr. Choi." I smiled as pleasantly as possible as the slightly nervous man sat himself down. "Want any tea?" the boy nodded, looking around at my slightly disorganized study.

"You can just call me Ikje." the postman quietly said, holding the hot mug of tea close to himself. The postman was rather wet, as he had walked to our study in the rain that had been plaguing the city.

"Ikje, do you know anything about Dok2?" I asked, biting into a coconut teacake, hoping the suspect would fall into ease in the homely study.

"Not much. I just deliver mail tah his house an' say 'ello sometimes. Nuthin' really." Ikje mumbled in a thick accent.

"How did you hear about the missing hairline?" I said calmly, waiting a second or two before speaking to decipher what the postman was actually saying. He was silent for a minute or so, and the only sound in the study was Chanyeol's furious scribbling in his notebook.

"Word got 'round an' the head postman told me that I was in deep . He said I was gonna be in big trouble if I didn't 'fess up but I didn't do nuthin'--"

"Didn't do anything." Chanyeol corrected the boy with the thick accent.

"Yeah, that." Ikje said, sipping his tea. Chanyeol went back to writing in the notebook with a roll of his eyes.

"So you're saying you didn't know firsthand that Dok2 lost his hairline?" I asked, rubbing my temples. Ikje's accent was giving me a headache.

"No sir, I didn't. Mr Inyeop started ranting at me and I went tah Mr Dok2's house tah apologize an' he said it was okay since Mr Zion.t stole it an' all. Mr Inyeop wasn't very pleased with me, no sir, an' he lowered my paycheck for the week an' I have support me an' Donghyukkie--" Ikje's rant was cut off by Chanyeol once again.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, ignoring Ikje's incorrect grammar. "Donghyukkie?"

"Well ya see, Donghyukkie and I love each other very much, but nobody seems to accept our love since Donghyukkie's a boy an' all." Ikje just sat there after saying that, having lost all of his awkwardness. He slurped some tea unceremoniously, staring straight at Chanyeol and I.

I loosened my tie, trying to get comfortable. "Um... err.... That's good to know. Well Ikje, who do you believe stole the hairline?"

Ikje scratched his head. "Maybe the gardener did. Or one of 'em neighbors. I dunno, really."

"Is there any evidence that you may have heard of surrounding the hairline?" I asked, sitting upright.

"I heard someone used some ol' ol' magic to remove the hairline, an' rumor has it that gardener has some magic in him, son of a witch or somethin'." Ikje said before unceremoniously chewing on a tea biscuit.

"Thank you Mr Choi. Your information will be proved useful and we will notify you when the case is closed." Chanyeol smiled at the postman, who saluted and quickly left the study. Once he exited Chanyeol collapsed into his chair, a soft sigh leaving him.

A/N
Who do you think stole the hairline? Why does Ikje have such a thick accent? Who the hell are Ikje and Donghyuk? Unfortunately I can't answer questions one or two, but I may fill you in on question three. Ikje is i11evn, and Donghyuk is known as Suprema or Supreme Boi. Anywho, please comment/upvote/subscribe. It would mean a lot to me to get some comments/criticisms.