Visit Me

Don't Be Cliche (The Original)

“Want to see my mom tomorrow?” I’m asked. I almost drop my phone. I hold it tighter as I walk down the hallways of my workplace. 
“Jackson are you serious?!” I ask him.
“Yeah. You wanted to see her right?” he asks.
“Of course I do. I’d love to.”
“Good  what time do you get off work? Have Jr. drive you. I’ll pick you up and drive you home.”
“Same car?” I ask him.
“Uh no. I’m a model now Mark. I can’t go around driving in something I drove for over a year.”
“Seriously?”
“Mark.” I stop and lean against the wall of my office.
“Four,” I tell him.
“Oh just in time for an early dinner,” he says. I laugh.
“Bad timing huh?” I ask him.
“No, it’s fine. The average person gets off at four.”
“I really want to kiss you right now.”
“Should I stop by?” My heart skips a beat.
“Can you? Don’t you have plans today?”
“I’m at a donut shop buying donuts for JB and his coworkers. Does it sound like I have plans?”
“Come over, please.”
“Lunch break or right now?” 
“I want you right now.” I look around to make sure no one can hear me. “But I guess at lunch it’s more reasonable.”
“Okay see you in a bit,” he says.
“Mmm.” He hangs up and I can feel my knees go weak. I want him bad. I walk into my office. Jr. and Rome are in there on their computers. The three of us work in the same room together and we’re all pretty close. It took a while to open up to Rome but we did eventually.
“You took forever to get those files,” Jr. says looking at me.
“Jackson called,” I tell him.
“Of course he did. Have a nice chat?” Jr. asks. I nod at him.
“Really nice.”
“Wait Jackson from two years ago Jackson?” Rome asks. Right we’re so close now that Rome knows about Jackson.
“Yeah they’re not officially back together but they’re getting there,” Jr. says.
“Congrats,” he tells me.
“Thanks,” I tell him.

We keep working until 11 when I get a phone call. It’s Jackson.
“Hey,” I say into the phone.
“Okay how surprised would you if I told you I’m here?” he asks.
“You’re here?!” I yell excited.
“Okay very surprised. Yes I’m here and very lost. You never said your company was this big,” he tells me. I get out of my chair and head for the door.
“Give me your exact location and I’ll come to you,” I tell him.
“I’m near a room,” he says. I let out a soft laugh.
“Seriously.” I walk down the hall and into someone’s arms.
“Your room,” he says. I look at him and a big smile is on my face.
“Hey you,” I tell him. I give him a kiss.
“Hey,” he says back. I hug him back and stand there for a while. He kisses me again. “Don’t you have work to get back to?”
“Are you sure you want to wait? Lunch isn’t until another hour.”
“That’s why I came now instead of later,” he says.
“Cute.” I take his hand and lead him back to my office.
“Oh I know you work with Jinyoung but I’m not sure how many people you work with exactly so I just bought four cups of coffee because they have the to-go thing for four.”
“That’s perfect,” I tell him. “There’s only three of us in the office so you get one too.”
“Hmm.”
“Diet?” I ask.
“Yeah.”
“How much do you have to lose?” I ask him.
“Only five more pounds.”
“Five more?!”
“Catwalks are serious business,” he says.
“I guess you’ll be busy then,” I tell him. He kisses my cheek.
“Only a little.” I open the door and pull him in.
“Guys this is Jackson. Jackson this is Rome.”
“Hey Jacks,” Jr. waves at him. Rome looks over at Jackson.
“Oh when you said Jackson Wang you meant this one,” Rome says. He keeps a straight face but I can tell he’s surprised.
“Rome,” Jackson says with familiarity.
“You two know each other?” I ask him.
“We dated. .  . for like two weeks,” Rome says. “We didn’t do it or anything. Believe me. We’re just better off friends.”
“Nice seeing you Rome,” Jackson says.
“Same to you. Still in contact with your brother?” Rome asks.
“Yeah. You?”
“Yup. I’m going to Australia for Christmas we’re most likely going to do something.”
“Huh this is a nice way to know he won’t be home for the holidays this year,” Jackson says.
“Oh sorry.”
“It’s fine. Coffee?” Jackson gives us coffee and then sits next to me at my desk. He rests his head on the table while I get to work. I squeeze his knee and he looks up at me.
“You okay?” I ask him. He nods his head and takes hold of my hand.
“I’m fine.” He gives my hand a tight squeeze and drifts off into sleep. I go back to work.
“Is he sleeping?” Jr. asks.
“Yeah,” I answer. I brush the hair out of his face and smile.
“Good. Come on Rome. You can’t tell us you dated freaking Jackson Wang and not tell us about it,” Jr. says. He stops working and sits back in his chair.
“Do I have to?” Rome asks.
“Uh yeah.”
“But he’s right there. Sleeping doesn’t make you deaf.”
“Dude I had sleepovers with Jackson every month for four years. The guy is like a total deaf person I doubt you can change that in only two years,” Jr. says. Rome looks at me.
“It’s true,” I shrug. “You have to shake him to wake him.”
“We met through his brother when I went to Australia he was there. I found out we both lived in Korea he was really handsome. Somewhat broken and I offered to fix him.”
“Fix him?” Jr. asks.
“It was about a year ago. For a good looking guy he seemed really sad. He was willing to date. But he said he was still getting over someone I’m assuming now that’s you. After two weeks I realized there is no helping the guy and he realized it too. So it ended there for us.”
“Oh,” Jr. says softly.
“Yeah it’s nothing really. And the whole relationship was in Australia. We were both just there for the summer.”
“Was he a good kisser?” Jr. asks.
“Jin!?”
“I need to know you’re not just saying that,” Jr. says.
“He was the best,” Rome replies. “His lips are really-.”
“Rome!” I yell at him.
“Sorry. They still look irresistible. Just saying.”
“Ah Mark you need to let me kiss him once!” Jr. says.
“Uh no.”
“You two aren’t official yet. Please!”
“No? I assume since he’s here-.”
“We have a few things to work out.”
“He means Bambam,” Jr says.
“Bambam?” Rome asks.
“Yeah Bam also likes Jackson so it’s a big problem now because Bam found Jackson first. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have found Jackson so it’s all good in another way.” 
“Oh but isn’t that awkward? I mean you two are roommates,” Rome says.
“Well it’s pretty awkward knowing over the course of two years Jackson’s been with like everyone I know.”
“Different people deal with situations in different ways. While you shut yourself out of the world Jackson let the world consume him.” Rome says.
“I should wake him up. It’s lunch time,” I tell them.
“Don’t forget Mark. Let me kiss him just once before you two get together again.”
“You never give up do you?” I ask Jr.
“Just once!” he pleads. I shake Jackson a little.
“Gaga it’s lunch time,” I tell him. He doesn’t move. “Gaga.” I shake him again and he stirs. I stand up and tug on him so he’s standing. “You awake?” I ask him. He nods slightly and then hugs me falling asleep in my arms.
“So scale from one to ten. How tired is he?” Jr. asks.
“Maybe he should have had coffee,” Rome says. I can feel my heart melting. He’s just so adorable. It’s like I’m falling in love with him all over again. Oh wait I am. I shake him a little more and then bite his ear and I press down hard. He moves back quickly holding his ear.
“Ow,” he says.
“Come on it’s lunch time,” I tell him.

 We walk over to a restaurant that I actually haven’t been to. It’s a really upscale place that I don’t bother to look at. I mean who am I supposed to go here with? Jin?
We sit there and Jackson still looks really tired.
“You okay?” I ask him. He nods his head at me.
“I should probably start sleeping,” he tells me.
“You don’t?” I ask him.
“I work out a lot these days,” he says.
“Jackson! Why are you doing this to yourself?” I ask.
“I need more job opportunities. People either want really skinny men or really muscular. I no longer fit the slim description so I need more muscle.
“You’re seriously hurting yourself,” I tell him.
“I’ll be fine Mark.”
After lunch I take Jackson to the back seat of my car. I loosen up my tie and he watches me.
“Uh Mark, what are we doing?” he asks.
“I have fifteen minutes,” I tell him. I give him a kiss.
“Oh.”
“No ‘oh,” I say. “We’re going to take a nap. When I leave you’re going to keep sleeping, understood?” I tell him. He nods his head. “Good.” I kiss him again. We find a way to lie down as comfortable as possible in the back seat and cuddle. I observe the rise and falls of Jackson’s chest. His face and how calm it looks when he’s asleep. I pull him a little closer and moan. I cover my mouth. Where did that come from? I gently kiss his neck trying not to wake him. You’re falling real hard for him, Mark. I start to hope we don’t mess this up. Because I’m pretty sure I’m falling more in love with him now than I ever did before. After fifteen minutes I get up. I go into my glove department and produce my spare key. I place it in Jackson’s pocket hoping he’ll find it and I head back to work.

After work Jackson is well of course gone. But I was actually really hoping he’d still be here.


As promised Jackson picks me up from work to take me to see his mom. I’m glad my work clothes are very formal or I have no idea what to wear.
“Hey,” I kiss him as I get into the car.
“Hi,” he tells me. We drive over to his mom’s place. It’s the very house Bambam took me to that I knew felt familiar. How could I ever forget this house? Sure we didn’t visit here as often as we visited JB’s house but I still came here often enough. We reach the door and Jackson’s mom answers. With his mom I have to speak English since she’s still learning Korean.
“Mark!?” She says with wide eyes.
“Hi Mrs. Wang,” I tell her. She gives me an even tighter hug than JB’s mom did.
“Are you two married now?” she asks.
“Mom, we just got back together,” Jackson says. He pulls on my arm to lead me in. We’re together? Is it official? Or is he just saying that to his mom? Then again why am I here?
“Mark I missed you. I wish you visited instead of this one,” she says eyeing Jackson.
“Hey I’m your real son,” Jackson tells her.
“You’re also a real pain. Mark you’re so handsome now. Did you get plastic surgery?”
“Ha no no I didn’t.”
‘Hmm amazing.”
I decided to go with the fact that Jackson and I are officially together.
“Are you doing anything tonight?’ I ask him when we go to the bathroom to wash our hands.
“I have work tonight,” he says.
“Oh really. What shoot now? The moon rising?” I ask.
“Something like that,” he shrugs.

I'm sorry this took a while. I don't know if I didn't comment due to lack of comments or lack of time. But here is a new chapter. I hope you guys like it.