Prologue

Don't Be Cliche (The Original)

Hello everyone! I have a new chapter for all of you today. Well new chapters. More are on their way. If you're new to this story this chapter is for you. If you have ready the other Don't Be Cliche look for the chapter 'A Trip Down Memory Lane'. And that's where things are different between stories. Have fun!

 

 

“Aish seriously Bambam? You seriously lost your ity last night to a guy you don’t know?” I ask him.
“Um.” He frowns as he looks at the ground. “I kind of did Mark.” I shake my head at him.
“Oh gee that’s great,” I mutter.
“How is that great?”
“I’m being sarcastic. Don’t you think that’s a bit too cliche? It’s like everyone’s losing their ity to random strangers. Let me guess you were both drunk and you don’t know his name.” He squirms a little.
“I know his name!” he protests.
“Oh yeah? What is it?”
“Jackson,” he says softly. In a voice I’m actually not familiar with.
“Okay so you know his name. Still a bit cliche. Let’s see what else happens. Ah you guys will cross paths again and then you two will keep meeting up, fall in love and bam start dating.”
“That’s a possibility.”
“But what happens after you two start dating? You live happily ever after? Break up? Fight? What’s after the cliche?” I ponder.
“Why does it matter?” Bambam asks.
“I’m just curious is all.” I sit back in my chair as I continue to think this through.
“Mark,” Bambam calls to me.
“Hmm?” He stares at me with a serious face.
“I don’t know what to do. I’m lost, I’m scared, and I want to see him again,” he tells me. I swirl around in my chair and sit forward looking him in the eyes.
“I’m going to help you find this guy,” I tell him. His eyes widen. “But we’re going to do to this a bit differently from the typical lost-your ity-to-a-stranger-while-drunk-act.”
“Um what?”
“It’s simple Bambam. Instead of doing what they all do we’re going to do something different.”
“I’m not sure I’m going to like this.”
“It will be fun. We’re going to do everything in our power to help you get this ‘Jackson’ guy. But we have one rule.”
“Which is?”
“Don’t be cliche.”