Chapter 2

Teenage Parent

After tucking in the girls to bed, she stayed by Seohyun's side until she was sure Seohyun was well asleep before leaving the room.

"Unnie?"

I thought Seohyun was already asleep?

BoA turned around and was surprised to see Yuri instead. "Yuri?"

Yuri scratched her head and sheepishly said, "I err... couldn't sleep."

BoA glanced at the clock. Since it was only 10pm and the next day was a Saturday, BoA decided they could talk things out.

"Yuri... Let's sit down and talk for a while."

"Um," Yuri started when they were seated down at the sofa, "I'm sorry I was so hostile. It's just..." Yuri hesitated about whether to tell BoA. But she thought by now she could trust BoA, remembering the day they were at the court.

(Yuri's flashback)

"I would never want to let them go, never. I love them. They are my family, and I will do my best to protect them. I am 19 and even though I'm young and underaged, I will try my best. I never want to see them off separated. They need to stay together; if they don't stay together, it'll be my fault. Please, let me care for them," BoA pleaded in a desperate voice. There were tears streaming on her cheeks and anyone could also tell from her voice that she was crying.

Because one family wanted to adopt Yuri and another couple wanted to adopt Yoona and Seohyun, many adviced her to move on in life as she was only 19 and still had lots to live. But she couldn't let them leave her side and she will never. It was well explained in her words, and so the judge marked this as a special case and decided to hand her custody over the three sisters.

(flashback ends)

"It's okay Yuri, you can tell me," BoA Yuri's soft hair and looked at her tenderly, like a mother caring for her child.

"Yoong was bullied, and the teenagers who bullied her were around your age. I knew nothing about them, but they reminded me of you. Perhaps it's because you're the only teenager I know. They were probably sisters because Yoona described them to be look-alikes. But then someone helped her and apologized on their behalf. Appa and umma knew that they were teenagers just like you who had bright futures ahead of them, so they decided not to press charges. But still," Yuri bit her lip in bitter memory of the scars on Yoona's arms and legs, "I really didn't like what they did," Yuri started to sob.

BoA Yuri's hair once again and beads of tears were already falling from her eyes. Yuri was mature for her age, and she loved her sisters, just the way BoA loved the girls.

"It's okay Yuri, unnie isn't like that. You saw me and you know me by now. Do you trust me, Yuri ah?" BoA asked and wiped the tears off her face and also. That was Yuri’s first exposure to teenagers like her, and as it was mentioned that teenagers were getting rowdier these days, it may have led Yuri to the stereotype of teenagers.

Yuri nodded. "I'm sorry... gomawoyo unnie," Yuri replied.

BoA felt some bittersweetness within her when she heard what Yuri called her. Unnie. That was the first time Yuri had called her unnie. She cried tears of joy and hugged Yuri.

"Wait. You said someone helped you?" BoA asked curiously when she remembered what Yuri said.

Yuri nodded. "We don't know much about him either but he's good," Yuri answered.

"What's his name?" BoA prompted even further.

"We don't know his full name, but we call him Yunho oppa," Yuri replied. "Unnie you know him?"

Did she just hear anything wrongly? That jerk Jung Yunho?


Hi this is chapter 2!