Chapter 1

Teenage Parent

BoA tucked the girls in bed and tried many ways to make them fall asleep. Soon, they were all sound asleep. BoA switched the night lights off and went out of the bedroom. She headed for the kitchen for a cup of water.

It has been a fortnight since the death of their parents. The wake was over, and they were already cremated. And so, it was all over and in the past.

Just then, she noticed her phone ringing. It was the families' lawyer who had called to ask about the properties again. BoA had not yet decided on how to use them, and the lawyer gave her tips on how to invest on them wisely. By law, she was legally an adult and able to inherit the properties under her parents' names. All of the properties that her parents, her uncle and her aunt invested on together was under her father's name. That meant that she was to inherit all the properties. 

However, she was informed that her father also jointly started a business with his close friend whom she did not know. The lawyer asked her about it and she had also not made up her mind.

"Unnie?"

BoA turned around to see Seohyun standing at the doorway of the kitchen.

BoA sighed. "Can't sleep again?" 

Seohyun nodded her head. "Mianhae unnie-"

"It's alright," BoA smiled and led Seohyun back to the bedroom. She headed back to their parents' room after Seohyun successfully fell asleep. For the past few nights, she had been sleeping there and have shifted her important belongings from her small two-storey terrace to their apartment. It was nearer to their elementary school, and was nearer to her university too.

Lying down on the bed, she, too, had difficulty falling asleep. She thought of what the lawyer mentioned. Should she continue renting the flats to the tenants such as she could earn the revenue and focus on the girls and her studies without needing to find a job?

She also thought about her father's business. After some time for thinking, she decided to follow the lawyer's words to back out from the business.

Picking up her phone, she called the lawyer back.

~~~

“Morning unnie!” Seohyun said as she entered the kitchen and tugged on the apron BoA was wearing which was originally the sisters' mother’s.

BoA looked down at Seohyun and smiled. “Morning Hyunnie,” she said before turning back to cooking breakfast and asked, “Yoong and Yul still asleep?”

“They’ve awoken,” Seohyun answered.

BoA nodded and offed the stove as she was done with cooking. Serving breakfast for the four of them, she had them to finish their breakfast fast as they still needed go to school. Luckily for me, lessons start at 10...

“Unnie can you cook breakfast every day?” Yoona asked on their way to school. “It was delicious,” Yoona grinned from ear to ear.

“Well, everything that’s edible is delicious to you, Yoong,” Yuri commented casually.

“Ne, Yoona unnie loves food! She’s always the first to finish her food no matter what, and she’s forever hungry,” Seohyun innocently added.

Yoona was now blushing from the teasing she was receiving from her sisters.

“Well, being a shikshin isn’t that bad alright?” BoA joined in the teasing and ruffled Yoona’s hair, slightly to avoid messing it up. “Well we’re here! Have fun in school ne?” BoA said before bidding Yoona and Yuri goodbye. She then proceeded back home with Seohyun and prepared herself for school.


In Korea, 6-year-olds do not attend school yet except if they are born before March, hence Seohyun doesn’t attend school. So yeap here's the first chapter :) It has been long since I wrote chapters with breaks ahhaha I gotta adjust back so I can write the future chapters. This was written about one year ago...