Chapter 6

Love Like This

AHRUM HIGH SCHOOL

Today also, Seohyun come early to the school alone. As she wanna enter the school gate, someone pull her wrist and drag her to the bicycle parking.

"Why are you avoiding me?" asked Yonghwa.

"Don't touch me with your dirty hand" she said, trying to escaping her hand from Yonghwa.

"Why you didn't answer my question, Hyun-ah?" This time Yonghwa's grip become stronger and make Seohyun feel hurt.

"Ouch, thats hurt. Let go of me" begging Seohyun, and accidentally she slap Yonghwa's face. Both of them were shocked.

"Hyun-ah, why did ...."

"I, really really hate people like you, and your family too" Seohyun said as her eyes become teary.

"You using me, and our friendship to help your family. Making people that didn't have much money and power like us suffer" she added.

"Why you didn't tell me that you are the son from The YH Group? People respect you, and your family. But you did this to us? " Seohyun said as tears started to flow on her cheek. 

"What did I do?"

"What did you do? Why did you pretend that you didn't know? Your family bought the land where my family restaurant were. You destroyed my family restaurant, that my father and mother had been working on for 15 years. And thats the only thing that my father left to us before he died. And your family easily buy the land from the landlord with such a high price that we can't afford to fight. Yonghwa-ah, you such a good actor, and a really 'good' bussinessman too. No wonder your family are very successful" she added again.

Seohyun take something from her pocket and put it in Yonghwa's hand.

"I don't really need this anymore. Its full of fake" says Seohyun.

Yonghwa opened his hand and he saw the earing that he gave to Seohyun a long time ago. He was still in shocked of what had Seohyun said.

"Its a misunderstandings, Hyun-ah. Please don't give me back this earing. I'm also confused of what is happening here" he said.

Seohyun takes the earing back and throw it to the street.

"Please, get lost from my sight" she said coldly and walk away from there.

Yonghwa felt that his legs has lost its strengh and suddenly kneeling to the ground.

"Hyun~" he said with a hoarse voice.

 

THE YH GROUP COMPANY

Yonghwa entered his father's office and shut the door angrily. His mother also in the office discussing with hos father about a new project.

"What is our Yonghwa doing in here? Come here" his father said.

"Geez, what did you do to Seohyun's family?!!" shouted Yonghwa.

Her mother slapped his face. This is the first time Yonghwa shout at them.

"You, since you know that girl and her poor friends, you have lost you manner. Yonghwa-ah, where is our reputation? Since when you knew how to ride a bus? Since when you eat at such a no-class restaurant? You've changed. True. I'm the one that asked your father to buy their land. I want to destroy the restaurant and build our franchise there" said his mother.

"Omma, why did you did this?" this time Yonghwa already calm down, only his eyes become teary.

"You know our family have the power to do anything right? We have many connections" she added.

"Fine, if you wanna do this. Then do it. But, I'll never listen to you" he said angrily and started to walk away from the office. As he reach the door, he heard his mother said,

"Then, is it okay if she didn't enter all the university in korea? I can make her name in the blacklist, eventhough she pass her exam. You want to see her future become dark? You knou right that Omma have the power to do that?"

"Omma..."

"Omma just want a simple wish from you. Promised me you're going to America to pursue your study and Omma will let her go" she said.

"Besides, you can always find her after you finish your study. Simple like that. She also can achieve her dream by the time you back to Korea." she added.

Yonghwa become silent for a moment.

"Are you two finished arguing in my office? Yonghwa-ah, just listen to your mother. And Appa will make sure that you can find her again. Now, go back to your school. We're going to settle everything for you to study at America. Just enjoy the time with your friends"

"Fine, Appa, Omma. Just promised you won't hurt her anymore" he said as walk slowly out of the office.

As soon he walk out of the office, his father called someone.

"Mr. Kim, I want you to blacklist the name Seo Joo Hyun from all the university. And make sure that she didn't accepted in any company for work."

 

A few weeks later, Yonghwa, Jonghyun and Jungshin fly together to study at America. Minhyuk decided to study in Korea together with Tiffany and Yoona. 

Yonghwa didn't contact Seohyun since the day that they were arguing in front of the school gate. Minhyuk, Tiffany and Yoona are the only friends that send them off at the airport. Before entering the boarding gate, Yonghwa pass something to Yoona. 

It was a small box that contain the earing that Seohyun throw away. He remembered that he almost hitted by a car while searching for the earing at the road. 

Just like that, their school's memories ended.