Chapter 4

Love Like This

WEEKEND, SEOHYUN FAMILY RESTAURANT

YONGHWA POV 

I'm too afraid to enter the restaurant. I think I'm just gonna sit here, drinking coffee and watch her from far away.

Why she always smiling. Why is she so beautiful. Her eyes. I cannot forget her eyes. 

Then, suddenly I feel someone tap my shoulder.

"Yah, Yonghwa, what are you doing here like a crazy stalker?" Jonghyun finished his words followed by laughing from Minhyuk, Jungshin, Yoona, Tiffany and Taeyon.

"Don't you wanna come inside and eat together with us?" asked Tiffany with smile on her face.

Stupid. I'm totally busted. "Yeah" I reply slowly, feeling ashamed of myself.

As we entered the restaurant, I saw her greet us happily, with a smile on her face. 

After we finished our meals, we decided to go to the amusement park. I really hope that Seohyun could join us this time.

"Seohyun-ah, today Omma gonna close the restaurant early because Omma have to go to friend's house. So you can go hang out with them. Just remember to back early before midnight" I heard Seohyun's mother said. Oh mother, I loveeee yooouuuuuu.

END OF POV

 

AMUSEMENT PARK

They let Yonghwa and Seohyun walk with each other while they were enjoying themselves at the park. 

Yonghwa and Seohyun didn't even speak one word to each other since they left the restaurant.

"Why did you~" "What did you~" Yonghwa and Seohyun asked at the same time. Then suddenly they laughed.

"You go first. Ladies first" said Yonghwa.

"What did you think of my mother's cooking?" Seohyun asked. "Arghhh, I'm actually gonna ask what did you think of me. Stupid Seohyun"

"Daebakk. Really. First class" answered Yonghwa. Seohyun smile.

"Why did you so quiet when you with me?" this time Yonghwa ask her.

"No, it isn't. It just...." Seohyun didn't finished her answer.

"We are friends, right?" ask Yonghwa again. Seohyun nodded.

"So, is it okay for me to text you sometimes and speak informally like Yoona, Tiffany and Taeyon?" he asked.

"Of course. We are friends after all" 

 

Since that day, their friendship become stronger. There is no awkwardness between them anymore. They can speak and jokes to each other comfortably. 

Until one day, Yonghwa decided to take his relationship with Seohyun further.  So, he asked Seohyun to meet him after school  at the aunt's dukbokki stall. 

From there, they take a bus together.

"Where are we going?" asked Seohyun. "And why the others didn't come together?" 

"Just wait and see" said Yonghwa.

"I have to come home early though. I need to help my mother...."

"Arasso. Don't worry" Yonghwa cut Seohyun before she could finished her words.

 

20 minutes later, they arrive at a beach. They take a walk for a little while, and then sit at the beach, watching the sunset.

"Hyun-ah, I, have something to say" 

"What is it?"

"I, never think you as one of my friend"

"Why is that?"

"I, always had my eyes on you since even before you know me"

"Yong-ah, did you want to say that you don't want to be my friend? Arasso, lets go home already"  

Seohyun stands up, but then Yonghwa pull her hand and make her sit again, next to him.

"Hyun-ah, please be the other half of me" ask Yonghwa.

"Haaaa???" 

"Don't be like this. I know you know what I mean"

"What? I don't understand"

"Stop acting, Hyun-ah"

"Aigoo. Arasso. " said Seohyun.

"Will you, be the other half of me?" ask Yonghwa again.

"Ne, Yong" she answered with her red face.

Suddenly Yonghwa bring out something from his pocket and opened the box.

It was a diamond star-shaped earings, and it sparkle brightly. 

"Hyun-ah, you know I like to wear earings, right? I received this earings from my grandmother, and she told me to give the other half to the girl that I love. And its you" said Yonghwa and he take one of it and give it to Seohyun.

"Ne, Yong. Will you help me put it at my ear?" asked Seohyun. "I'll help you too later" she added.

"Thank you, Yong-ah" 

"Only thank you? No kiss?" jokes Yonghwa.

"I'm not ready for that yet" said Seohyun.

"Just kidding. I'll wait for you until you're ready to accept me fully with your heart" said Yonghwa.

After both of them wear each one of the earings, they stand up and walk home with holdings each other hands.