Surprise, surprise

Dear Diary-nim

A few days later, 2NE1 came back to Korea. This meant Minzy was back and you're not needed for practice anymore. Great, you think. I can focus on practicing for Epik High's performance. You're lying through your teeth actually, you're quite upset that you can't practice with Seunghoon anymore. Of course, you never displayed it outwardly.

-2 weeks later at YG Family concert-
"Kyaa!" Fans are screaming non-stop while waiting for the performance to start. 2NE1, the opening act, make the final preparations, adjust their microphones then stride on the stage with confidence. They bring about screams that are a couple of octaves higher than before. The audience turns into a sea of pink while CL starts her rap, confidence overflowing. Minzy and Sandara are already waving to the croud, while Bom sings. The short opening ceremony has fans frenzied, anticipating the rest of the performers. Next up was iKON, then WINNER, followed by Big Bang. After these came the special performances. It starts off with Mino's performance of 'Doom Dada'. The next special stage is the dance performance. Seunghoon and Minzy. In the waiting room, Seunghoon drinks water while the makeup artist adjusts his hair. You're there too, since Epik High's performance is after the collaboration stages. "Fighting!" You smile at him. "Slay." He gave you a thumbs-up while swallowing his water. Mino's performance ends with the fans screaming for more. "Go! You and Minzy will do well!" You give him a high-five. You notice his expression is less-than-bright though. "Why? You don't want to dance with Minzy?" You ask jokingly, laughing at what you said. "It's not that I don't want to dance with her..." He drawls. "Then why the long face?" "I want to dance this with you instead..." He murmurs. "I think you're a more suitable partner for me!" He quickly adds. "Okay, after the concert, let's go back to the practice room and dance!" You smile at him, but somehow something tugs at your heart as you say that. "Go quickly to Minzy! It's starting soon!" You half-push him away. Contrary to your actions, your heart wants him to stay.

Soon, Seunghoon and Minzy are on stage, dancing perfectly to the song. You feel weird. It isn't jealousy, but rather envy. You somehow want to stand on the stage and dance with Seunghoon too. You want to dance together with him. But I'm a backup dancer, you think to yourself. Get a hold of yourself, two more performances to Epik High. Calm down. But you look at the TV screen and smile bitterly to yourself. Though it pains you, you're unable to take your eyes off Seunghoon. He's so charismatic, especially on stage. After his performance, you just continue sitting in the backup dancers' room looking at your phone, near the door, where the others can't see what you're looking at—photos of the performance just now. Within minutes, photos posted by fansites have flooded Twitter. You look at the photos of Seunghoon dancing with Minzy. He looks so cool. You can't help but stare. "Unnie why are you looking at photos of just now's performance?" Seyool, the maknae amongst the dancers asks as she opens the door. Looks like you forgot about a major crisis while trying to hide from the others. "No I was just scrolling Twitter! I'm bored while waiting, haha!" You smiled exceptionally widely, flustered. Yeonah watches you from the other side of the room. "Unnie, your eyeliner is smudged, I'll do it for you again, let's go to the dressing room." She drags you out of the dancers' room.

"Unnie mwoya?! That's dangerous! Control yourself! No no no don't cry, don't cry." Yeonah forced your eyes shut once you looked like you're ready to cry. "I'm sorry. I'm fine." You slowly moved her hands away and smile. "It's just, too much feels." You assure her you're fine. "Okay. Look at him all you want back home." She dabbed a piece of tissue at your eyes. "Cheer up! It's Epik High's performance next! Go back to the room, I'll get some water for you." Other than times she displays her excessive aegyo, she actually feels more like your unnie than the other way round. You nod gratefully, making your way back to the room.

Seunghoon was looking for you. He saw you dragged out of the dancers' room. He heard Yeonah telling you to stop staring at photos of some guy. He saw Yeonah drying your eyes. He was so worried. He wondered what happened and was determined to find out. From a blind corner, he saw you walking out of the dressing room alone. He needed to know what had happened. He went into the room to find Yeonah. "Yeonah-yah, I need to ask you some stuff." Seunghoon opens the door. "Waeyo?" "Why was Gyeowool crying? Who was she looking at?" "She wasn't crying!" Technically, Yeonah isn't lying. "She yawned and I was afraid her makeup would be ruined! She was looking at a Japanese star! Yes a handsome Japanese star! Nothing happe—" Yeonah is cut off with Seunghoon's three words:"I like her." Yeonah is shocked. "Her?! As in—" "Gyeowool. I like her." Seunghoon confirms. "I need to know what happened to her." He worriedly adds. "Why didn't you just say so earlier! I thought I was going to die! I thought I was going to die, oppa!" Yeonah blabbers. "She actually really wasn't crying. She was looking at you, oppa! She was looking at photos of you, you blockhead!" Yeonah's unable to contain herself. Suddenly realising, she might have said too much, she bursts out of the room, but not before she asks Seunghoon to bravely take action. "She writes about you in her diary too!" Seunghoon stands there completely stunned. Does that mean Gyeowool likes me? He is hopeless.

You're utterly exhausted after the concert, though Epik High's performance was fun. I can see Seunghoon now, you thought, as you get into the car. "Younghyun unnie, please drop me off at the company! Take this back for me too!" You give your bag to her. "Wae?" She asks. "I want to do some exercise!" You reply. "Alright." She's too tired to ask more. You text Seunghoon to remind him to come.
You: Seunghoon-ah, remember to come!
훈이: Okay. 
Of course he'd come. Despite his lukewarm reply, he's internally bursting with feels.

You reach earlier than him. You sit patiently on the floor, waiting for him to come. You only two of the lights "Hey, why don't you turn on all the lights?" Seunghoon has reached. "There's only us, there's no need for so many lights. Aren't you tired? You were jumping around so much today!" You laugh lightly. You fail to notice he looks at you differently now. He looks at you as you tuck your hair behind your ears, your twinkling eyes in the dimly lit practice room. Every move you made drew his breath away. Not that it wasn't like this before, but today, it's different. He used to look at you with admiration, like he's looking at some mythical creature. Today to him, you're no longer a far-away being. Today, he looks on at you with happiness. "Let's start!" You're happy to get to dance with Seunghoon. You're so happy you can't stop smiling while dancing. You notice he seems happy too. Maybe because you're both happy, both of you dance more lightly today, giving the dance a different feel. After dancing to the song once, you're both already tired. "Let's just dance one more time, then we can go home and rest!" You exclaim. "Okay." So you dance the dance another time. After the ending move, however, he doesn't let go of his hand around your waist. "Let go," you laugh while naturally looking up at his face, into his eyes. You freeze for a moment before looking down. He doesn't let go of you. "Let go, I have to go..." You trail off, your voice reduced to a mere whisper. You try to get him to let go of you by pushing his shoulders lightly but his grip is tight. Your faces are so close, you can't think straight. Why isn't he letting go? You can already feel yourself blushing, thank goodness the room was dimly lit. "Why can't you look into my eyes? Why are you avoiding my gaze?" He asks knowingly. "I'm not." You protest, lifting your head up mechanically to meet his gaze. You manage to do so for about two seconds before looking down again. "You can't look into my eyes." He says. There was a long pause. "I can't." You admit, already tearing up. What you've been afraid of has finally come. What is he going to do? Will he avoid you now? Your tears form steady streams, flowing down your face. You're caught. Your feelings are revealed, to him. You feel like you've been stripped in front of the whole world. You start choking up. "Han Gyeowool," Seunghoon asks, letting go of you. "Do you like me?" "Yes, I like you." You croak. Your confirmation was all he needed to know. He laughs in his good-natured way and wipes away your tears with his hands. "Then don't cry, you should smile." Curious as to why he said that, you instinctively look up at him, wanting to ask him why he said that. "That's right." He swiftly yet gently cups your face in his hands. "Don't look down again." He smiles. You brace yourself and gaze into his kind (albeit rather small) eyes. Then he bends down and firmly presses his lips to yours.

 

 

Bz4HFNYIUAAcKzb.pngBz4HFEoIcAASegV.png

Some of you may not have seen this so I'm posing it up, and they all look so handsome and charismatic >.< Taehyun's too y lying on the floor keke