A good night to a bad day

Dear Diary-nim

"Ddok ddok!" You hear Yeonah's voice and a knock on the door. She gingerly opens the door while you launch a pillow at her face. "Mianhae unnie, we didn't know you were afraid of..." she trails off, not wanting to scare you. "Seunghoon oppa told us about your fear... we're sorry." "Yah, Jo Yeonah, that was really scary, I almost died!" "I'm sorry, we're all sorry! I even cried just now because I was so worried. Please forgive us. Please? Moreover, it earned you a chance at skinship with Seunghoon oppa..." "Shhh, don't let the others hear..." Yeonah's the only one who knows of your tiny (maybe not so tiny) crush on Seunghoon. "So he told you I was afraid of clowns?" "Yeah, he said you were afraid of clowns since young, and a few years ago at an amusement park you nearly died when a clown approached you." You give a tiny smile, betraying your feelings. "Stop smiling like a fool. Rest well, Younghyun unnie is preparing lunch. I'll wake you up in about half an hour. Bye~" with that, Yeonah exits the room, leaving you to mull over her words. You lie on your back. It's true, you've liked him for a long time. Yet you never took action. How much do you like him? Well you got jealous when he had a girlfriend in the first year of high school, you want to always be by his side, you're sad when you see that he's sad, your heart gets shredded apart when he cries. You want to hold a party when he's happy, you melt when he smiles. You just want to pinch his cheeks when he gives his childish smiles and does his weird antics. You feel full when he's eating happily.

You realise you're so dead because you like him a lot. You decide to stop thinking about these things. You reach for your phone to take your mind off Seunghoon. Why this? you think. A message from Seunghoon.
훈이: Ya, call me when you're awake~

So you do immediately, because he told you to do so, you know, not because you want to hear his voice or what. Yeah... "Han Gyeowool, you're awake already?" His voice is so charming it can lure sailors to their death and give mermaids a run for their money. If the sailors were women, that is. "Yeah I'm awake. I'm not tired. Why'd you ask me to call you?" "You should get more rest, you punk... Are you okay? Are you still scared? I left because the dancers were home." "You call me a punk!? Eish. I'm fine now. Did you call me just to ask if I'm fine?" "No, I called because you still owe me ramyeon. Haha!" He laughs as if he knew you were currently scowling at what he just said. "Wow, Lee Seunghoon, you're such a nice friend! Your best friend nearly kicked the bucket today and you still want food from her!?" You're scowling, but actually you couldn't be happier. "How about dinner? Come and pick me up at 9pm." When you eat with him at places other than the YG cafeteria, it's always at unearthly hours. A celebrity, especially a famous one like him can't eat at normal timings, fans would go crazy if they see him. And if you're with him you'd probably get murdered in cold blood by angry fangirls. "Yay I'm getting food! Okay I'll come pick you up! Rest well, my friend, because at night later you'll be really agitated when I spend all your money!" "Shut up!"

"Unnie, lunch is ready!" Yeonah chirps. "Mwoya, you weren't sleeping? Are you chatting with Seunghoon oppa?" She reaches over and grabs your phone. "Unnie you were looking at your text messages with Seunghoon oppa!?" She shrieks while scrolling. "Shut up! Do you want everyone to hear!?" "Unnie this won't do. You have to — Omo he asked you to call him! Have you done so?" You give her a sheepish smile. "Why did I even bother asking the obvious..." she muttered. "What did he say?" "He asked me if I'm fine." You reply. "And we're having dinner later at 9pm." "Daebak daebak daebak." She utters. "Seize your chance this time!" "How do I seize my chance?" You ask, curious. "We shall see later. But first, let's have lunch," she says, dragging you out of the bedroom.

The dancers apologised to you by preparing your favourite dish, bulgogi. Seeing you eating so well after the horrible ordeal today, they are pleased. After lunch, you sit on the couch, watching TV. It's 4.26pm. 4 hours and 34 minutes to dinner with Seunghoon. What are you going to do till then? I'll just stone, you thought.

8pm. It's about time you prepare. You go to your room and pick out ripped jeans, a baseball shirt, and a baseball cap, intending to wear them. "You should dress up properly!" Yeonah speaks as she enters the room. "Isn't this nice!?" She throws you one of her dresses. It's a black mini dress. "This is a fitting dress, so you can show off your body, woohoo!" She does a tiny body wave to emphasise her point. "Won't it be weird for him to see me in a dress when he's been seeing me in hip hop clothes and work-out gear for years?" You ask. "Unnie you fool! That's why you need to start wearing a dress now!" There's no bargaining with her now, she has already picked out a matching necklace out of her vintage jewelry box. "Wear this too! And wear your red heels!" Tasting defeat, you proceed to change out of your grungy outfit. "Wow unnie you look really good, kingwangjjang! You're good to go now!" "It's barely 8.30pm now! There's still half an hour." "I'm sure he'll reach soon, just sit here and wait!"

After a decade (actually just 10 minutes), Seunghoon called you. "Hey, I'm here already, come down now." "Okay, I'm on my way." You reply, trying to sound chill while you burst out of your room. "Okay, be quick I'm hungry~" "Okay okay I'm rushing," you grumble while putting on your heels. After stepping out of the elevator, you run to Seunghoon's car. He's wearing a cap and a hoodie (with the hood on). Typical celebrity outfit. "You're here!" He looks as you open the car door. "Aren't you cold? Your legs are all exposed like this." He reaches behind for his jacket to cover your legs. "I have my cardigan, it's okay." You silently curse Yeonah before laying your cardigan over your bare legs. "Anyways, here's your birthday present!" He hands you a large paper bag. "1, 2, 3, saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida! Saranghaneun uri Gyeowool, saengil chukhahamnida, woohoo, scream!" "Woohoo!" Both of you laugh like fools. "Aren't you gonna open the present now?" He ask. "I'll open it later keke. Good things should be saved for the last. Thank you~" You're afraid you can't contain your feels while opening his present. He turns on the volume of the music he's playing. "What? You're playing your own song? You're really shameless." "Hey, this is a nice song!" "That's true, it's my favourite song of WINNER." You reply, humming along to the tune of WINNER 'But'. He raps and sings loudly along to the song. "Ya Lee Seunghoon, drive properly! I don't want to die young!" You holler. "My driving skills are perfect, I assure you, you'll be fine." He continues singing along while you join in. "Now I see why you didn't become a singer." He muses. "Shut up before I slap you."

Before long, you and Seunghoon arrived at the ramyeon shop. It was a homely place, looking very warm and cozy, which is why you guys frequent it, since you guys can't get home-cooked food. And there's always little to no one, no matter what time you come. At 9.30pm, only you two and the staff were there. "Ahjumma, two ox bone soup ramyeon please!" You call out. "Hey, I want the most expensive dish!" Seunghoon protests. "It's my birthday today, have some pity on me!" You jokingly pout at him while he scowls at you.

Before long, the food arrived. "Wow, this is art!" He exclaims, causing his Satoori to appear. You laugh at him before speaking in Satoori yourself. "Ahjumma we'll eat this well!" You two chorus. When there's food, both of you fall silent, just eating. You smile inwardly at how he goes "Eummm" after every few bites, like a child. Watching him eat so well makes you feel full too. But you keep that to yourself as you silently slurp up the noodles. "Yah, but, do I really have to pay?" "Of course!" "Eish..." After eating, you pay up (after glaring at Seunghoon) and leave.

"Argh, I'm so full I'm gonna burst!" You lean on the seat, too lazy to even move to buckle your seatbelt. "Don't be so lazy! Or else you'll become a pig!" He buckles his own seatbelt and starts driving. In about half an hour, you guys have already reached your dorm. "You're full right, want to take a walk?" Seunghoon asks. "Okay." You hold the paper bag gingerly, as if inside contained gold. But to you, what's inside is worth more than gold, because it's from Seunghoon. "Hey tie your jacket in front, your legs are all exposed, aren't you cold?" "I'll look like an idiot!" "You're already one!" You slap his arm teasingly. Both of you walk around, following each other, unsure of where to walk. "What if we get lost like Jinwoo oppa?" "I won't!" He laughs at your lame joke while you look up at him. Even though his hoodie is shading his face, you can still see his crescent shaped eyes, twinkling in the dark. Your heart thumps in your chest as you feel yourself blushing. "Hey! I should go back! The dancers must be waiting for me with a cake, bye!" You wave and walk away. You don't want to be apart from him, but you know good times have to end. "Bye." He walks back to his car."

As soon as you enter the house, the dancers sing you the happy birthday song and present you with a cake. You happily blow the candles as they scream. You could only eat a piece of the cake as you're so full. "Goodnight everyone!" You're so tired you just want to sleep. But not before you open Seunghoon's present. You take out the two boxes from the paper bag and open them one by one. Sports shoes! One's in maroon, your favourite colour, and the other's in green and blue! You immediately took a selca with the shoes and texted Seunghoon.
You: Hoon-ah, thank you for the pretty shoes! I'll wear them well~
훈이: They're pretty right? One pair is maroon because it's your favourite colour, the other pair is green, my favourite colour and I thought it looks nice so..."
You: I LOVE BOTH PAIRS! YOU'RE THE BEST! LEE SEUNGHOON CHOEGO! 
훈이: Read the cards in the boxes too!
Cards? You dig around the first box. A note reads "Happy birthday! I bought this pair of shoes for you, it's specially made for dancing (and it was on sale). Isn't it really light? You'd better wear it well!" You smile to yourself, digging in the second box. Another note reads "If you give shoes to someone, they'll leave you*. So I bought you this pair because you'll die without me right? Use this pair to walk back to me!" You laugh and message him.
You: Who'd die without you!? Keke, but thanks so much!
훈이: No problem at all! (tops off with ridiculously cute emojis)

-That night-
Your diary~
Dear uri Diary~
Kya! Today was a bad day. I got scared by dancers pretending to be clowns, but he saved it keke. He hugged me just now too. He didn't react well to my dress though. Maybe I really shouldn't wear a dress in front of him... Overall, today was a good day, keke. I'm tired so I shall sleep, goodnight~
Seunghoon's diary~
Dear Diary-sshi,
Today was bad day. She was so scared. She was crying so hard, I was so worried my heart was going to burst. When she cries I just want to give her all I have, just so she can smile again. This is bad. I played 'But' for her. Is it not obvious enough? Oh and today she wore a mini dress! She should cover them up, men would ogle. Maybe next time I should play 'Don't flirt' instead.

*In Korea and some other Asian countries, it is considered taboo to give someone shoes as a gift, as it could mean the person would walk away from you, or literally leave you.

tumblr_ncfz03B11Q1s1wstto1_500.jpg

^Seunghoon featuring cutie hyung Jinwoo 

I found the photo on Google