Enchanted

Coffee

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you


"Class before I dismiss you today, I need to tell you some announcements. As you all know, since the school anniversary is approaching quite a few events have been lined up for you." murmuring starts as soon as Mrs. Song mentions the much anticipated anniversary.

"Well, a ball is held every year in order to commemorate this event. It's in a month time and attendance will be taken. So, do prepare yourself well. Lastly, have a good weekend and please do your homework. You're dismissed" 

Instead of scrambling for the door as usual, people, especially the girls are actually staying back buzzing about the events awaiting next month. An expected reaction, really. All the dress hunting, fun prep sessions with friends are just a pinch of stuffs that elicits the reaction. Everyone is to dress to impress during this ball because, well, that's the unspoken rule. The ball is the grandest event that the school holds every year after all. 

"Hyerim-ah, let's go dress hunting. I mean, there's nothing wrong with preparing early, right, right, right?" Jina says as she tries to use her aegyo power. Taking Hyerim's lack of respond as an agreement, she virtually drags the classmate out of the classroom, not forgetting to greet her brother. "See you later at home, twinsie!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shopping district isn't very far from the school, maybe around 15 minutes by bus. The bustling streets of Seoul greet the two girl. The atmosphere clearly different from the more tranquil school area but the improvement in the mood pumps up the half of the twin even more. They walk around the area, looking for a dress shop with a relatively student friendly price. While doing so, the two girls talk about almost everything under the sun. 

"Say, Hyerim. Aren't you quite close with our class president?" Jina said, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Hmm… I'd say it's because he feels responsible for a new kid like me. He's the class president after all" the shorter girl shrugs nonchalantly. 

Jina decided to keep the topic about Jin rolling anyways. The low-key fame that Jin has is probably too interesting to be kept alone. Jina thinks that the new girl deserves to know something as big as that. Just with the mention of the name 'Jin', practically all the girls in school will respond with "The Seokjin?". The mini tragedy that happened in his freshman year, and the fact that it's being retold every year to the new students by words of mouth, catapulted him into his current state of being low-key famous in school.  But the thing that solidifies his popularity was actually his looks. It all started out with curiosity. People kept wondering what kind of guy can be kicked out of SC election, without second consideration at that, in no more than one week. They said, curiosity kills the cat. But this time, let's just say that curiosity blessed their eyes. 

"He's such a good kid too. It didn't take long before he got back the teachers' trust and approval. I mean, where can we find such a good and intelligent guy these days?! Jin is such a good catch OMG!" Jina flails her arms, inviting some bystanders to look at her weirdly. 

"Well then, does that mean he has had girlfriends before?" Hyerim's interest roused. 

"HAHAHAHAHA, this is not drama Hyerim-ah. Many girls actually feels that he is too perfect a guy. It's almost like he's untouchable. Lucky, he's friendly so people don't see him as an arrogant person. Anyways, let's go check that dress! I think it will look good on you!" And the dragging starts again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, I'm home!" The boy's voice rings throughout the house. "And I brought friends too!" 

A 42-year-old woman soon appears from the kitchen. "Just don't make too much noise, okay? I don't want our neighbors knocking on our door again" 

"Roger that, mom!" Jimin answers with a salute. An angry mommy park is not a sight that anyone wants to see. Trust me, the boys had their lessons on that. 

Regardless, this is one of the rare times that the group of boys can all gather together. Usually, Jungkook would have his almost weekly student council meetings while Taehyung has his duty as a member of the Photography Club to document school events. Today's a really good day. Weekend is coming, minimum homework, and everyone  is finally here!

"Good thing we are guys. We can always wear our one and only suits, and well, we are ready to go" Jimin shudders at the memories of his twin sister's past year preparations. The thought of dress hunting often haunts him around this time of the year. Their mother forced him to accompany her because he has to be "a good brother to your one and only sister". The endless walks, hours of waiting, and ultimately the rather chaotic last hours to the ball. Oh my god. They are simply hell on earth for Jimin. 

"Speaking about the ball, is anyone bringing a date this time? It's your last year in school, you know?" the youngest enquire the older ones. 

"Nu-uh. Nay. Nope. Na-da. Negative. That's a no for your question. That's why you should start 'hunting' now, Jungkookie" Taehyung quickly answers without any hesitation. "But I think, someone in this room will have one this year" he says staring at the class president with a playful grin on his lips. 

"Yah! What are you talking about?!" Jin immediately responds with a slightly flushed face. 

A short silence ensued after Jin's outburst. 

"See what I'm talking about? I haven't even mentioned a name and he reacts like the world is ending!" chortles and chuckles soon follow the ever observant Taehyung. 

"HAHAHA, hyung! The time has finally come!" Even the usually calmer Jungkook can't help but tease his oblivious hyung. 

"If you don't want to tell us the truth, we'll have to squeeeeezzzee it out from you" the photographer glares, trying to threaten the older one. 

"There's nothing to squeeze out anyways…"

"Then, we'll just tickle it out of you!" That, everyone, is how a chaotic tickle war begins. And perhaps also the sign of an impending flying complaint from the neighbor. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The month passes fast. Despite the rush and hustle for the ball preparation, the teachers are still adamant about homework and tests they give out. But even amidst that time of hectic situations, the students, in particular the female ones, still manages to aside some time to look for the right dress, decide the type of look that they are aiming for and whatever else that they need to fuss about in regards to the ball. 

Jina practically locks Hyerim along with herself in her room on the D-day. No one, even Jimin, is allowed to take a peek. She says that she needs to keep the magic alive by keeping everything a secret. The dresses laid out on her bed and the make-up tools strewn all over her vanity table are the spells to make the charm a reality. 

The boys on the other hand decide to go to the venue of the ball earlier. There's no point in waiting for the girls when Jina clearly banned the guys from seeing them until they meet at the ballroom. What all the ruckus about is unclear to the guys, the girls will still be themselves when they come anyways. What's the difference in seeing them after 1 hour anyways?

 

 

In just 15 minutes, the ball will officially start and there isn't any signs that the two girls will appear any soon. Besides that somewhat disturbing fact, everything seems alright, there is no glitch whatsoever. Students and guests are quickly filling up the ballroom too as the clock is ticking closer to the formal opening of the event. The festivities can be easily felt with the amount of buzzing among the attendees. 

Just when the gang is about to head to their designated seats for the opening, two petite figures are crossing the room to approach them. The taller girl in a blue dress while the other one in white. 

The time feels like it has stopped for the oldest in the group and also the girl standing just across him. 

In her eyes, he is just… more than anything that words can describe. He was always charming with his chivalrous demeanor. But tonight, with his hair swept to one side, eyes on her… She is wonderstruck.  

In his eyes, standing before him, is an angel. The white dress adds up to her glow. The light fabric sways along every time she moves. Everything about her tonight, is just ethereal. She was pretty charming in jeans with no make up on, but he has never seen anything quite like her tonight. 

All they know, that moment when their eyes meet is enchanted.


Author notes:

This was the very first page, not where the story line ends

 

Taylor Swift's Enchanted was on repeat while I was writing this. That's why I have so many references to the song in this chapter! 

And yes, this is the turning point of the story. They are starting to understand the attraction that they have for each other! So the plot will definitely will pick up from now on :)

As always, do leave me a comment if you have any feedback or questions about the story~ Thank you for reading :)