You're The Reason [II]

Short Story of YulSic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You Are The Reason [II]

 

“Yes. Better touch his stinky feet than getting the flick!” She said in a cheerful tone and ready to massage his foot when Dongwook voice out.

 

“I’ll take the flick for her!” He said confidently earning a ‘woo’ ‘uuu’ sound from their friends. Donghae close his eyes as he feels frustrated.

 

“Go and flick him, Yul.” Soo suddenly said. Yul mouthed ‘me’ at him and he nods.

 

“Yah, Yul is too strong.” Dongwook said as he gulped.

 

“There’s no way back now.” Donghae merong at him.

 

Yul stand and walk there awkwardly. He flicked his forehead really quick but hard and walk back to his seat. TaeNy eyed both Yul and Jessica. They avoid any eye contact from the couple. Taeng and Tiffany share a look and decide to let them be as of now.

 

 

 

30 minutes later they were done with the game after a little talk about tomorrow and a little catch up. Yul and Jessica joined the conversation but they didn’t talk to each other. They only said it out loud when it comes to other people story and not them.

 

They cleaned up the place and wash the dishes. The men insist that they will do all the cleaning and ladies can go to have a rest. Sunny and Tiffany keep an eye on them to make sure they do things right.

 

“It was Sica isn’t? The text.” Sunny asked as her gaze fixed at the men.

 

“Yes, you’re right.” She answered and let out a small smile.

 

Sunny nods at it. “How long was it since our graduation day?”

 

“1 year.”

 

A moment later a sound of the thunder can be heard. It’s not loud but it was enough to make Taeng to stop whatever he is doing. He quickly pulled out his phone in the pocket and check the weather.

 

“Boys, we need to get ready for the rain.” He said in a calm tone but he said it loudly.

 

“It was supposed to be a good weather.” Donghae mumbles and looked around but he still goes to get the tools needed.

 

“Yes, Hae. It was unexpected.” Taeng answered as he walked with Donghae.

 

 

 

After getting the tools in the tent that specially keep all the things needed, all of them take their part to protect the place from rain, wind and other unexpected scene.

 

The hard work was done by the men while the simple things was done by the ladies. The two women were thinking of the way to make Yul and Jessica interact even if they are in the middle of a busy task.

 

“We need to make it look natural, Fany.”

 

She hissed in frustration. “I know.”

 

Just then they heard a shout. “Ackk!!” Then they saw Dongwook who is jumping here and there.

 

“What’s wrong?!” They asked in unison and were about to approach him when he stopped them.

 

“Be careful! I think I step on a rusty nail.” He hissed in pain as the blood visible on his feet.

 

“I'll go and get the broom.” Yul said as he run to the tent. A moment later he come back and carefully clean up the path so they can go to Dongwook.

 

Jessica is already holding the first aid kit box as she waited for Yul to clean the path. Once he is done with the job, she goes near Dongwook so fast that it somehow makes Yul feel hurt.

 

Taeng looked at Yul for a while before he walked to the Dongwook’s side to check his condition. Jessica knew things needed when that kind of situation occurred so they just let her do it.

 

“Thank you.” Dongwook said as she’s done treating his wound.

 

“That was for taking a flick on the forehead for me.” She smiled and tidy up the medical kit.

 

“Lets go. You need to rest.” Donghae said as he helped him walked.

 

Dongwook nods. “Thanks, Hae-ah.”

 

 

 

Donghae stay near Dongwook as he might need something so that he can assist him in doing it. The rest of them stay at the camp fire site and have a hot drink. “Now that it is all set. We can have a rest.” Soo said as he looked around the place.

 

They nodded at it.

 

“Lets just hope tomorrow is going to be fine.” Taeng nods as he said it. All of them go to their perspective tent except Yul. He wanted to stay there for a while.

 

As he confirmed that everyone had left, he takes out his phone in the pocket. He knew it by a heartbeat that Tiffany sent a text to Jessica. He just hopes that Tiffany kept it by herself of the name he saved Jessica’s number in his phone. He never changed it even though they had broken up a year now. His phone wallpaper too, it's Jessica's photo. 

 

 

To: Love, J

“I believe that when two people are in love with each other, you can see it in their eyes. Even if they didn’t say a word about it, there’s this invisible thread connecting them two. That is what I see in both of your eyes. Jessi, if you love then please sort it out. Yul, I know you still love so please keep going at it. I wish both of you the best. Always and forever.”

 

 

Yul sighed as he read that. He chuckles bitterly and shake his head. He stands and take a deep breath. “Why would she take me back when I’ve hurt her so bad?” He thought and look at the tent that Jessica and Tiffany shared.

 

He looked at the message again and scroll to read the old conversation. She was so sweet and so lovely. She was always there for him. She gave her heart. She gave her everything but end up he was just playing with it. Yul had explained to her what was going on but that can’t stop her from hurting. She is hurting so much. “Hopeless, Kwon Yul.” He mumbles.

 

He didn’t know since when did his tears can fell so easily like it does now. He tried so hard not to make any sound and wipe his tears in fast manner. Taeng who saw this immediately sent a message to Tiffany. Tiffany peek at Yul and get into the tent again as she turned her head to her best friend.

 

“Do you mind to peek outside for a while?”

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s a favour. Please?”

 

Looking at Tiffany hopeful eyes, Jessica sits up and peek outside only to saw a crying scene of her ex-boyfriend. She frowned a bit and get into the tent again. The two women didn’t say anything to each other. Tiffany don’t know what to say so she waits for a while before she speaks up.

 

“He’s been like that since the breakup of you two.” Tiffany voice out. “Taetae told me about it.”

 

Jessica lay down and back facing her best friend. “It doesn’t concern me, Tiff. It's not like he's the only one that's hurting.” She said in a low tone.

 

“Have you thought of anything after you saw my text?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“I get it. Lets sleep.” She zipped up the tent and join her to lay down.

 

...

 

Morning comes. Taeng is the first one to wake up followed by Yoong. The two men begin to setup the ingredient for breakfast and being greet by a sleepy Donghae who just woke up.

 

“Let me just wake the others up.” Donghae volunteer and walk to each of the men tent.

 

“Good morning, Hae oppa.” Sunny greets as she’s done waking up the women that is still deep in slumbers.

 

“Morning, Sunny-ah.”

 

“Make sure no one is resuming to sleep after playing pretend that they had woke up.” He said with a chuckle.

 

She chuckles along with him and nods as she understands what he meant.

 

 

 

Jessica is currently checking her face in the mirror before she goes out. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter