You're The Reason [I]

Short Story of YulSic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You Are The Reason [I]

 

College days are one of the best days of your life. You learn to make friends there after high school and many more about life. It can be about love and your future plans. Today is a reunion of class 2011 from Lotus University. There are not really many of them attend the reunion as it being held far away from the Seoul city.

 

There are a total of 8 boys and 7 girls that attend the 3 days and 2 nights trip. They bring all of the things they might need in the forest later. The camping spot is up on the hills and it takes about 2 kilometres from the foothills of the place to get there. The place called Cheonjiyeon Falls in Jeju-do.

 

They drive 4 trucks near the hills and climb to the camp spot. The boys carry the heavy bags while the girls carry the mat and other light camping tools. All of them are wearing the suitable clothes for hiking as they were fully informed about the activities they are going to do here.

 

“I’m super excited for this trip! Even though not all of our batch friends attend this one but this number of people is enough to make it look like a reunion.”  A boy named Yoong said excitedly.

 

“Even you don’t tell me you’re excited, I can already tell. Your action shows a lot.” Seohyun commented as she shook her head while smiling.

 

“Hurry up. It’s going to get dark soon.” Taeng said as he stopped and turned around to look at their classmates. He was the class rep in the past and he is still the class rep even now because his classmates insist that he should be one until forever whenever they met for an occasion like this.

 

“Yes!” They said in unison. Totally acting like they are on their school trip making the class rep shook his head with a smile.

 

“It feels like I have 14 children to take care of right now.” Taeng mumbles as he waits for the other to walk pass by him.

 

..

 

After 40 minutes of hiking, they finally arrived at the spot. The spot is so clean and there are even a few of spotlight over there. The place also has the washroom and sink under the hut just in case they are going to cook something.

 

“Get on your own spot and make sure the tents are in the square line of the drawing.” A class rep’s assistant, Jessica said as she eyed her classmates.

 

“All right. Lets set up the tent. Girls, just call us if you need help with the tent.” Taeng said as they nodded.

 

“You’re so cool!” Tiffany commented happily after Jessica walk to the girls’ tent.

 

“You think so? It’s been so long since I get to be a class rep’s assistant. This sure feels great.” Jessica said as she smiles happily too.

 

“I can see you looks so happy.” The blonde hair girl named Sunny said.

 

“Enough of talking about me, girls. Lets set the tent.”

 

...

 

The boys had done setting up their tent and even arrange their food for 3 days in the hut. They bring a box of ramyun, kimchi, beef, chicken, cooking oil and many more. There is a grocery store but they need to climb down the hills and drive to the store at the main resort.

 

Taeng is looking around while writing down on the A4’s paper he is holding right now. “Everything is here. Food, safety tools, tent, first aids.” He mumbles as he checked down the list.

 

“Taetae.” A girl voice called.

 

He looked up from the paper and found a messy hairs Tiffany with a pout. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He chuckles and fixed her hairs.

 

“We need your help with the tent. Are you busy?” She asked.

 

“Lets go.” He smiled.

 

...

 

As they done with the tent and everything, they gathered at the middle spot of camp site to hear out of the tentative for today. They all sit on the mat and a few of them even munch on snacks.

 

Taeng and Jessica are sitting at the front as they need to deliver the activities that they are going to do on their trip this time. They both are discussing a little before he looks at the audience to start his speech.

 

“I believe that all of you has been informed that we should leave Seoul early in the morning but because something came up and we actually start our journey late in the evening.” He stated.

 

“Later after this meeting, we will cook for dinner and we will start the camp fire in an hour. As for tomorrow morning, we will go fishing by the river on our east side. It’s up to you whether you want to take a shower first or later at the river. The rest I will give it to my assistant, Jessica.” Taeng said as he looked at her that is on his right side.

 

“Thanks. All right, as for the lunch we will cook again and at the evening we will play a ‘Running Man’ games. It’s an explorer. You need to find partners and you will solve the problem together.” She said and smile when her classmate shows their interest for tomorrow activities.

 

“We will set a camp fire too as of tomorrow night and you’re free to do anything you want. We don’t have any specific activity because we thought that you might want to do anything you desire like stargazing or anything.” They shout in joy as they heard that.

 

“You kids.” Taeng mumbles while smiling.

 

“As for the activity on our last day here, we will take a tour on our west side because we are going to visit the fruits farm. The owner of this place gave us permission as we paid a high rent for this trip. It’s a very special one that only a few selected to visit it throughout the year.” Jessica ended her talk there and looks at the person beside her.

 

“The activity might change due to any circumstances. Please be careful while you’re here and appreciate the greens around you.” He looks at his wrist watch. “Lets prepare for dinner!” He said happily.

 

...

 

“They still didn’t say a word to each other?” Taeng asked as he stares at Tiffany’s eyes.

 

The girl shook her head. “It’s complicated between them. They looked like a total stranger.”

 

He sighed. “I wish there will be a good outcome from this short trip for both of them.”

 

“But the chances are slim.” She said in a worry tone.

 

“At least there’s still a little tiny chance for them to make up with each other.” Taeng smile.

 

“I’ll kill that friend of yours if he ever made mistake or hurt my best friend again. If you choose to take side with him, you too will get it.” Tiffany said in half warning tone and half a sulking tone.

 

Taeng chuckles at her words. “I’m gonna stand for the right one. Yul made mistake and it’s up to him to fix it. We’ll just wait and watch. Probably need to help them in any way we can.”

 

“You better be!” She pouted and cross her arms in front of her chest.

 

 

 

The girls are busy washing and cutting the vegetables to put in the ramyun later. They decided to have ramyun for dinner tonight as it is a very appetizing food and suitable one for camping.

 

“Yul, can you heat this up? Taeng said you used to this kind of stove.” Sunny said as she looked at him who is busy lifting the woods for the campfire later.

 

“Sure.” He said and walked to the stove right away.

 

“Can you teach me on how to manage it?” A girl named Hayoung suddenly voice out.

 

Yul nods and smile. “First, you have to bring this wire and connect it to the gas over here and another one under the pot. All right?” He looked at her as he asked that.

 

“Got it. Then?”

 

“Take this gas lighter gun and shoot it under the pot. At the same times you need to turn on the stove and here it is. All good.” He smiled when the fire finally comes to the scene.

 

“You’re so good at it.” Hayoung said in amaze tone as she showed him her thumbs up.

 

“Oh yeah, turn it off as usual if you’ve done cooking.” He reminds and walked away from there.

 

...

 

“Seems like the wood is enough only for tonight. I guess it’s better if we find some tomorrow morning.” Yul said as he takes a sip of a drink while resting on the mat.

 

“I’ll let Sica know about that. She needs to add it in our schedule.” Taeng said.

 

Yul only nods at the mention of the girl’s name. “Do you think she will walk away if I approach her?” He asked after a long thinking.

 

That made Taeng smile. “You’ll never know if you never try. You have our full support, buddy.” He patted his shoulder as encouragement.

 

“Our?” He turned to look at the baby face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter