Minwoo's too Nice for his own Good

Basket Boys - Boyfriend Edition! (one shots)

                At that moment, my only thoughts were on No Minwoo. No Minwoo, that dazzling boy, with the charming eyes, the cute smile, and a personality who no one could hate.

                But the person I was talking to wasn’t No Minwoo.

                “So…” the older boy started off cheerily, swaying back and forth. “You chose our Minwooie?”

                I laughed, feeling a bit out of place. “Yeah, he seems like a really nice guy.”

                “He sure is! My name is Kim Donghyun, by the way.” He said, bowing. In turn I bowed back, feeling more at ease. “I’ve known Minwoo for years, and besides me,” He added with a chuckle. “He’s one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. He isn’t mean to anyone, that’s why no one hates him!”

                “It isn’t a surprise.” I beamed.

                “Oh!” Donghyun quickly handed me a small paper. Confused, I opened it slightly to find a list of classrooms.  “We can’t use the luncheon room anymore. The school board director unexpectedly dropped by and at the last minute we decided to serve him lunch in our best hall.” He said, sticking out his tongue. “I hope you don’t mind.”

                “Not at all.” I lied, scanning over the sheet. I’ll be eating in a classroom, how romantic. “So I’m in room 103?” Hey, that was my regular school-day classroom.

                “Yeah, but if you’re uncomfortable being alone with him… that’s why I came to ask you if you wanted to come with me and my bidder, it’s a big classroom anyways.” I liked Donghyun, he seemed like a good Hyung and Oppa.

                “That’s very nice of you, but no thanks.” I didn’t want to burden him though, he’d probably want to be alone with his girl.

                He nodded in understanding. “No problem, I was also trying to stall time too, Minwoo’s waiting for you.”

                On my way to the classroom, I forced myself to walk slowly up the steps, so I wouldn’t look too desperate to see Minwoo. I even stopped by my locker to pick up a book I didn’t need.  Then I stopped by the bathroom to wash my face, it was a tad red. I had a bit of a crush on Minwoo, but unfortunately a lot of other girls did too. I guess no one could go through school without liking him for at least a day.

                I quietly entered room 103. Minwoo’s back had been facing the door, and didn’t notice me. I coughed.

                “Aigu!” He jumped out of his chair in surprise, and quickly turned around. He bowed, and looked over me, up and down-ish for a good few seconds. It wasn’t actually creepy like how some guys would prey on a girl and smirk devilishly. “I was waiting for you!” he said, which made me feel extremely special.

                I weaved my way through the desks and came to a pair that was placed across each other, and sat by Minwoo, who neatly arranged all the food. He did everything beforehand and set this all up? Wow. “Hey.” I said, not wanting to be too quiet.

                “You look pretty today.” He complimented, turning his head to the side.

                I blushed, once again. “O-oh, really?” I was wearing my school uniform, clothes that the entire student body owned. “Well you look cute, too.” I replied, returning his compliment.

                He gave me an eye smile. “Thank you.” If I was the lightheaded type I would’ve definitely fainted.

                We started eating for a bit, getting into easy conversation. The food was great, and Minwoo even admitted it took him a few tries to get everything right. I hated all the trouble he had to put for today but at the same time I liked the attention.

                And then he started drifting off and asking about me. He would ask me the most random things, my birthday, my favorite color, or what I liked to eat. I politely answered all of his questions and ask about him, but he would quickly brush it off and ask more about me.

                Suddenly there was a knock at the door. We looked to see what interrupted our conversation; there was a small crowd of girls around outside. I immediately recognized them as part of the academic team; they used this classroom often for study sessions since there was no library.

                “Excuse me,” Minwoo said, removing the napkin on his lap and jogging over to open the door. The girls quickly scrambled inside, clutching their textbooks to their faces. “Hello ladies.” He politely gestured towards the girls. “We’re sorry, we came here last minute. But we’ll leave—”

                “No!” One girl said a tad too quickly. “It’s totally fine, Minwoo-ah! Our classroom is your classroom.”

                Minwoo nodded. “Thank you so much. We’ll be on the far side, not to disturb you.” The girls giggled and went to the other corner, while Minwoo returned to his original seat. He laughed a bit, looking at me with his expressive chocolate-brown eyes. “My bad, now where were we?”

                I smiled, liking how he would go straight into where we left off. “Well, uh—”

                But then a girl from the academic team came strolling across the room to meet us. “Minwoo-sunbae!” a lowerclassman exclaimed, running by with a notebook and pencil in her hands. “Could you please help us with this problem?”

                Minwoo faltered a bit, and stared at me. I nodded, giving him permission. He quickly took the notebook and pencil from her hands and read over one of the practice problems, and scribbling some answers down. “Here,” he smiled, giving it back hurriedly.

                The young girl bowed respectively and ran off.

                And we thought we could continue our lunch smoothly after. But then not one, two girls came forward to me and Minwoo, well maybe just Minwoo. I think I didn’t exist.

                The suddenly ripped Minwoo away from his chair, like some sort of ragdoll, and led him over to the group of girls on the other side of the room. I was speechless, and didn’t have enough reaction time to fight back. “Y-yah!” I heard him cry.

                They were restless; the girls set him down on a random desk, and started surrounding him. Minwoo smiled awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

                He locked eyes with me for a brief moment. I gave him a little nod, saying it was okay. He gave me a sad smile, and I felt that he was forgetting all about me and giving his full attention to the crowd of girls.

                “Minwoo-sunbae, I need help with this problem!”

                “How was your day, No Minwoo? Did you eat well?”

                “Minwoo-ah, I know it’s stupid to ask you for help when we’re on the academic team…”

                “You look really good today, Minwoo-ah!”

                “Sunbae, can I call you oppa?”

                I got up from my chair as soundlessly as possible and sat at my desk—my assigned desk from class, which was conveniently even farther away from Minwoo than before. Then remembering how I picked up a book in my locker (how convenient) I started sifting through the pages to pass time. Every now and then I stole glances at Minwoo, who looked genuinely happy and gave all the girls equal attention.

                Except me, what a mess, picking one of the most-liked guys in the school, of course I’d never get my time with him, with all the other girls around with backup, they could do much better.

                After an hour, I could call myself prepared for next week’s test, as I snapped my textbook shut. I quietly got up and cleared the plates, placing the dishes back in Minwoo’s picnic basket. I lolled my head to the side, where Minwoo was busy occupying the Academic team.

                I was just going to leave straight after cleaning up, but decided to leave a note, knowing it would be rude to just blatantly leave.

                Sorry Minwoo, I just remembered I have to go to the library with my cousin! Math is the worst subject ever >.< But that was the best lunch date I’ve ever been to! It was fun while it lasted!

                The little sticky note was filled three-fourths down, and I contemplated what else I could write. I looked back to him, who was laughing with some girl. I felt a little pang in my heart. His happy, handsome face was beaming brightly.

                It may not matter to you… hehe… but there’s one other person that likes you.

                Once I tacked the note on the woven basket, I left the room without looking back. I left the door open so no one would hear me leave.

                The next morning I was waiting in my classroom, talking to some of my friends. They wanted to talk about what I didn’t; Minwoo. They kept asking how good of a date he was and if he looked even cuter up-close. I didn’t want to be reminded of how much it hurt me when it got cut short. But it seemed like he had more fun with the academic team girls anyways.

                “Excuse me; can I borrow her for a moment?” I looked up to my savior, Kim Donghyun. He just entered the room, because it was peacefully quiet until now.

                My friends gave no hesitation and pushed me out of my seat. “Sure thing, Donghyun-oppa!” they chorused.

                I rolled my eyes, and followed him outside in the halls. “So how was your date?” he asked happily, getting straight to the point.

                “Really awesome.” I lied smoothly, pulling it off flawlessly with a big grin. “Yours?”

                “Mine was great!” He said with a happy grin. “So anyways, I’m so happy for you and Minwoo! The date must’ve been a success and I know you’re lying so tell me what really happened!”

                My face fell, not liking his words, yet he still maintained a smile. “Yah!”

                “It’s not good to lie,” he tsk’ed, wagging his finger around.

                “Sorry sunbaenim.” I bowed. “It was no big deal. He was preoccupied; the academic team needed his help.”

                “Help with what?” He asked, making a face. “They’re the academic team, they wouldn’t need help.”

                “Well they said they needed help,” I reasoned, but giving a knowing look. “But you could obviously tell they liked them, so…”

                “And you let them take him?”

                “What was I supposed to do?” I asked, giving a sad face. “Tell them to back off and say he’s mine?”

                “Yes!”

                “Well it’s his own choice, and besides I had no problem with it.”

                “That is the biggest lie I’ve ever heard.”

                I glared harshly at my sunbae, and Donghyun glared back in mock offense. Was this the only reason he came here? To argue and tease me about Minwoo, how relentless!

                “Hyung!”

                We both snapped our heads over. But upon finding out the person who called, I immediately brought my head down, noticing it was Minwoo who was calling him. He started rushing down the hall towards us, his face glittering with sweat.

                I looked towards Donghyun in desperation. He saluted me, and winked. He started walking backwards, and then breaking off into full sprint, waving me off.

                At first, I was too shocked to figure out that Donghyun just left me alone with Minwoo.

                “Hey…” I felt a warm hand rest on my shoulder. I turned my eyes to Minwoo, puffing to catch his breath. “What were you and Donghyun-hyung talking about?”

                Taken aback, I took a little breath in. “Ah… uhm… stuff.” I replied lamely.

                “Like what?” he asked, now standing straight, his large frame overpowering me, which made me even more nervous.

                “Like… uh…”

                He huffed, and I could tell he was clearly annoyed that I didn’t give him a direct answer. “Are you close to Donghyun-hyung?”

                “He’s really nice—”

                “Do you like him?” He asked out of the blue.

                I hit him on the shoulder, not minding that we were in public. “What!? No!”

                His serious demeanor finally turned to jelly, and he grinned at me. “Okay! That’s good! I’m not dreaming!”

                I turned away, hoping by some means that Donghyun, or anyone, would come back and save me from this mess. “Dreaming about what?” I asked after realizing I was still talking to Minwoo.

                “This note!” He pointed out, whipping a small yellow square from his pocket.

                I blushed, looking at some random spot on the wall. It was the note I gave him the yesterday, with that vague little confession.

                “Hey—hey!” Minwoo started waving his hand in-front of my face when I didn’t answer. My lips knitted together, I didn’t want to talk anymore. I felt stupid revealing my feelings to him, I shouldn’t have done it.

                Minwoo started pacing himself, and I watched as he stuck out his tongue from the corner of his mouth. “Aah!” he said, pointing up his finger exaggeratedly. He looked back and forth from the ground to me, and all I could do was stare hopelessly. All of a sudden his features softened as he came closer to me. “I didn’t notice earlier… I was a bit naïve, I’m sorry.” he told me seriously.

                “Sorry for what?” I felt him grab my hands, encasing it in his. By now I probably looked like a pomegranate, and I felt my hands getting sweaty, or maybe it was Minwoo, because he’s the Sweat King. In my head I nervously prayed that none of the academic team was passing by.

                “I’m sorry for ruining the basket boys thing.” He said sheepishly and I could feel him squeezing my hands tighter, his hands heating up like fire. “And I wanna make it up to you… because I like you, too.”

                He liked me back? He understood my vague confession! He liked me back!? “R-really?” I questioned, spluttering and doing my best to contain myself.

                “Really!” he told sweetly, lifting my hands towards his lips, and kissing them tenderly. “I wanna know more about you, and I promise no more interruptions!” 

                Minwoo noticed my skeptical look and kissed my hands again. But I was nevertheless happy, I felt like I was flying! It was my second chance! “The girls on the Academic team really looked like they needed your help.” I teased.

                “Aish.” Minwoo was blushing like crazy, and hung his head down in shame. “Honestly, it didn’t mean anything, I was only helping out--!” Defeated, he mumbled, “I’m too nice for my own good, aren’t I?”

                With a little smile, I lifted his head up. “But that’s what I like about you, nice boy, No Minwoo.”

~~~~

I'm sorry that this one-shot is more dimensional than the other ones, it's probably because I'm biased? Sigh. Sorry, the next time I do a Boyfriend one-shot deal I'll make it more plotty~

Anyways!

1. Donghyun

2. Youngmin

3. Hyunseong

4. Minwoo

5. Hyung Line

6. Maknae Line

You guys pretty much know who the last two are ;)

And if you like Minwoo, then I suggest to you my fanfiction all about him, MinwooxOC couple; http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/72704/you-and-i-iusinger-minwoo-youngmin-kwangmin-boyfriendband-donghyun-hyunseong

~Camille