Stupid Jo Youngmin

Basket Boys - Boyfriend Edition! (one shots)

                I smiled to myself like a complete fool. I waited patiently at my designated table for my date with Youngmin. Yeah, I chose Youngmin. What? He’s extremely cute out of all the other members.

                He finally appeared. He had his clothes perfectly ironed, and his blond head of hair was neatly styled to perfection. He gave a winning smile as he sat down next to me. “Hello!” He said, and my heart gave out all at once. “I hope you like sushi!”

                “I love sushi.” I assured. But he didn’t open his picnic basket. That was weird. I waited. And waited.

                Finally, there was some action in this lunch date. As Youngmin stood up, he grabbed his picnic basket and gestured me to stand up. “Can we eat outside, instead? It’s kind of stuffy in here.” He asked me. And I was pretty eager, too. I would love to get some quiet alone time with him.  

                I obliged, and followed him outside to the courtyard. It overlooked the town hall, and there were bulldozers next to it, ready to fill the plot with the new library.

                Youngmin seated himself on one of the park benches, and I sat on the far other end. He grabbed a piece of sushi from his basket and popped one in his mouth, not even offering me one.

                That was a bit… rude.

                I coughed, breaking the silence. The boy lolled his head to the side, almost reluctantly. He squinted his large eyes at me. “Excuse me—”

                “To be honest, I really don’t wanna be here right now.” He cut me off like a knife and butter, not even bothering to think that I had something seemingly important to say. “So it’s best you leave.”

                My heart suddenly panged, and went all the way down to my stomach. “Then why did you do the auction?” I asked.

                “Because all my friends were doing it.” He said casually with a shrug. Fair enough, everyone gets into peer pressure. “So, are you going to go now or what?”

                My eyes felt a bit extra watery. I can’t believe I bidded on this jerk! And he’s making me look so stupid! I turned around quickly so he wouldn’t notice me being overly emotional, and walked away as quickly as possible. I didn’t spare him a goodbye either; he wasn’t worth that. So much for having a well-spent afternoon.

                “Whatever.” I mumbled under my breath, letting the crisp air chap my face. “It’s for the library.” I repeated that line over and over like it was my mantra.

~~~

                I was sitting in the brand new library, my body curled up on a little couch. I had my history textbook and a bunch of notes sprawled across me. To be honest, I didn’t really want to study. The library was just so comfy, and I needed an excuse to stay. If I could I’d take a nap right here, right now.

                “Can you please move?” Someone asked.

                “Oh! I’m sorry; I’m taking up too much space.” I quickly moved my notes away without sparing a glance at the person, creating an empty space on the couch. As I put away some stray papers in my backpack I up some conversation. "It's been getting real crowded since the opening, hasn’t it? Pretty hard to get a seat too.”

                “Yeah.”

                Then we both continued on with our business. I tried to be as far away from the person as possible, I didn’t want to invade their personal space. Eventually I got bored and started to just be lazy and do nothing. I did not want to go home just yet. I let my eyes travel around the quiet library, watching everyone enjoying their sweet old time.

                And then I noticed the boy next to me.

                The person who asked if he could sit here.

                Jo Youngmin.

                Oh my gosh.

                It was the rude basket boy I had bid on!

                I immediately bit my thumb to stop myself from screaming. Why was Youngmin here!? I lifted my history book back up to my face, my eyes peeking out a bit. I watched him for a good five minutes, and the image stayed the same. He wasn’t even reading the book he brought over, he was on the same page the entire time and it only had pictures in it! I watched as he sat, unmoved, his beautiful brown eyes glazing over tiredly, and his blond hair swept by the air-conditioned above us. Ugh, great. Now I’m checking him out.

                Hastily I began to unravel myself and get up, packing away all the spare pencils and books in my backpack.

                “Leaving so soon?” Youngmin mumbled, raising an eyebrow, and finally looking away from the useless book.

                I laughed warily, making everything awkward. “Eheh, I was here for a while anyway. I gotta get home and help prepare dinner.”

                Youngmin sighed behind me. I felt him grab my wrist. I didn’t dare turn back. Oh, all of a sudden, now he wants me to stay? He wanted me to leave as soon as possible at the luncheon. “… I’m sorry about the basket boy thing. I was in a bad mood. But it’s completely separate with how I’m treating you now.”

                Boys are dumb.

                I made him relinquish his grip. “I’m going home.”

                I noticed that he was following me. He didn’t even take the time to return the book he had borrowed. It wasn’t in a weird-ish way like a stalker would follow her every bus stop and hide behind signs and whatever. It was more of being next to me, but not associating with me. We had a fair distance between us, three feet. I was praying he was just going the same way as I was out of mere coincidence.

                Turning the corner, I quickly went inside the convenience store, and Youngmin managed to catch me and come inside as well. I gritted my teeth, and searched for an ice cream for dessert later on.

                “Get the vanilla one.” Youngmin said, pointing to the one at the very top.

                I whipped my body around, facing him. “Why are you still here?” I hissed, making sure no one in the little store was staring at us. “Go away!”

                He ignored me, and reached out and grabbed the tub of ice cream. He didn’t even respond when I grabbed his blazer, he continued to walk without problem to the register, where he paid for my food.

                “I didn’t ask for you to pay for me!” I frowned, snatching the bag away from him. “I’ll pay you back when I have change.”

                “No need.” He said coolly. “I owe you one.”

                I rolled my eyes. He was so different. I’m sure it was just a façade and cutie-boy Youngmin just had to slip out sometime, but he just wanted to be the bigger person. But again, it was really nice for him to buy it for me. Maybe we just got off one the wrong foot. “In that case, you’re invited to stay over and have some ice cream, if you’d like.” I suggested, trying to start over.

                He gave me a wry grin. “Eager, aren’t we?”

                Fine, don’t come then. Annoying boy.

                I walked faster, but he just quickened his pace to match mine. “Let me walk you home.” He offered.

                “No thanks.” I said flippantly, going up my street.

                “I told you I was sorry! What do I have to say to make you believe me?” Youngmin’s eyes were hypnotizing.      

But I continued to glare. “Nothing!” I stopped as we reached the front of my house. I waited for him to leave, so I can walk inside in peace. He looked like he wasn’t ready to budge. I crossed my arms. “Okay, Jo  Youngmin. You’ve walked me home, are you satisfied yet?”

He shook his head. He leaned in closer to me. “Nope.”

And just like that, he kissed me. My eyes widened. I wanted to hit him, but at the same time I wanted to kiss him back. What was going on? Was this his way of getting back at me or something? I eventually gave into my selfish desires and continued to let him kiss me.

“Do you forgive me now?” He asked, his cheeks hot. The cute-version Youngmin emerged from the shadows.

I giggled. My gosh, why do I give into cute guys so quickly. “Fine.”

“And also, I’d like to take that offer of ice cream at your place.” He murmured sheepishly.

I quirked my eyebrows and smirked. “Then you’ll have to meet my family.”

Youngmin gave me a smirk of his own, and it looked ten times better on him than it did on me. “Then you’ll have to introduce me as your boyfriend.”

~

And Youngmin's turn is done! And he was first in the maknae line because he seems like the most popular member. I didn't edit it, ugh. Well, according to the pattern, next is the Hyung line!

~Camille