Shy Boy Hyunseong

Basket Boys - Boyfriend Edition! (one shots)

                I politely folded my hands and waited for Hyunseong, who was busy talking with some of the other basket boys. I sighed happily, and turned around to give them some privacy. Hyunseong looked so cute and cuddly; I just had to pick him. I really think he’s a good-hearted guy.

                He shuffled back to meet me and smiled shyly. How cute! “Ready to go?” He asked, leading me away to the luncheon hall. “So…” I tried not to giggle when I noticed Hyunseong had a hard time forming words. “Do you like libraries?”

                I finally released my laugh, but made it toned down and adorable. Did he like adorable girls? “Yeah, I do a lot! What about you?”

                He shrugged. “I don’t like to read a lot… but when I get a really good book I can’t put it down.”

                We settled ourselves down in the tiny table for two, and the large picnic basket Hyunseong had was taking up the entire table. He kept struggling trying to take out all the items at once, as soon as possible. But being patient, I stopped him, grabbing his hands. “Let me help you.” I offered.

                I heard his breath hitched, and he slowly removed his hand from mine. “O-oh. Thanks.”

                I gave him a small smile, as I took out the plates and put them on opposite sides. “No problem.” I chimed, opening the Tupperware that contained really good-looking steak. How could he get something as awesome as this!? It was still hot and ready to eat with satisfaction. “Wow, this looks really good!” I praised, giving my full attention to the boy.

                “You think so?” He asked, a tad bashful. “You’ll have to thank Jeongmin-ah then. He helped me with most of it…”

                Shaking my head, I served him a piece on his plate by some rice. “I’m thanking you because you’re the one who’s prepared such a good meal for me.”

                Hyunseong grinned, and happily dug into his meal. I watched in amusement as he ate with upmost politeness, but his eager starvation was escaping as he ate his steak quickly and hungrily.

                Wah, he looked like a starving puppy. I don’t know if that was an insult to him, but I thought it was a really endearing image. I was really surprised amongst the crowd of girls around me. Mainly, they all said they wanted to bid on the maknae line; Minwoo, Youngmin, and Kwangmin. I personally have no problem with that, they’re probably great guys, but they’re image is what’s getting them.

                With Hyunseong I feel like I’m getting the whole package and more.

                There was some sauce on the corner of his lips, and I pointed to my lips. He noticed me, and stopped eating. Looking away, he mumbled a ‘sorry.’

                “Ah, don’t worry about it!” I said, making him feel more at ease. “At least you can eat like that in public. Steak is my favorite, at home I’m like a monster.”

                Hyunseong laughed at my little joke—no one ever laughed at my jokes. He had a cute laugh. “Oh really? Well, I’d have to see it to believe it.”

                I smirked. “You want to bet on that?”

                He shrugged, eating his food more peacefully now. “I guess I’ll take your word for it.”

                Ah, I lost my opportunity to see him again. Oh well.

                I adjusted the napkin on my lap and we finished our meals, with casual conversation here and there. We were really good at starting up subjects, surprisingly.  

                When the dinner was over, Hyunseong started putting away the dirty dishes, as I already had set the table beforehand. He told me not to help him, saying it was his job as a gentleman.

                I simply nodded, and decided against arguing with him. So I wouldn’t look awkward just watching his (rather handsome) face, I started picking with the items in my little purse.

                My bag was a black little sling, plain and vintage, it was my mom’s. I checked my phone, pressing the tiny buttons, no new messages or missed calls. I pressed my lips together, I didn’t need a reapply of lip balm (not that I was planning on kissing someone anytime soon.) My fingers somehow led to my little digital camera, as I grazed a finger over the smooth plastic. I remembered how much I wanted to take a picture with my basket boy.

                Then I almost forgot Hyunseong was camera shy.

                I gave a sad smile to myself, and zipped up my purse, looking back up to Hyunseong. His eyes were staring at me, no doubt, was he waiting for me this entire time? He didn’t even say anything! “Oh… sorry.” I muttered, embarrassed.

                Hyunseong smiled, the tension no longer around. I felt like it was getting more comfortable. “No problem. We’ve been saying sorry to each other a lot lately, haven’t we?”

                I chuckled at our realization. “I’m sorry.” Oh, I said it again. “What would you like to do?”

                The handsome boy pointed at the purse placed on my lap. “Tell me what you were looking at so intently.”

                I quickly blushed. I didn’t want him to know that I wanted to take pictures with him! “W-why do you need to know?” I asked, suddenly defensive.

                “I just wanna know.” He said simply.

                Stiffly, I unenthusiastically reached into my bag, gingerly placing my digital camera in the center of the table.

                He sat up and grabbed the camera, examining it. “Wow, is this the new model?”

                Taken aback, I became more attentive and cleared my throat. “Ah, yes. I got it for my birthday not too long ago.”

                “Oh, I didn’t know it was your birthday!” He scratched his head. “Happy belated birthday~” he cheered half-heartedly. “I promise to make it up to you; I’ll remember to get you something.”

                I firmly shook my head, waving my hands. “No, you don’t need to.”

                “For you, I have to.” He murmured with a small smile. It was subtle, but I could definitely tell he meant it, hopefully. My heart flipped. I was going mad. A couple seconds later he started fidgeting for the on switch on my digital camera. Finally switching the right button, the little lens on my camera popped open and flashed to life.

                He started taking pictures of random things like a real photographer. Being dramatic, he started imitating Super Junior ‘A-CHA’ Album cover poses. He sneakily took candid photos of the other basket boys enjoying lunch with their bidders and kept tinkering with the color and focus balance. I felt like I was watching an Asian hipster, no offense. But it was nevertheless attractive, everything Hyunseong did was attractive. 

                “Uhm…” I lifted my head up and noticed him pointing my camera to me. “Can I take a picture of you?” Hyunseong asked bashfully.

                “Sure.”  I replied with a little pep, he wanted a picture of me. I adjusted my position to get a proper angle. But I had no idea what kind of picture he wanted, so I just sat there, making my eyes wide and waiting for his order. 

                But he ended up shuffling across the room and grabbed a random boy by the arm. “W-what is it, Hyung?” the young boy asked, completely confused.

                Hyunseong ed the camera in the boy’s lean chest. “Minwoo-ah, can you please take a picture of me and her?” he asked, indicating to myself.

                The boy named Minwoo had his eyes wide. “I thought you didn’t like taking photos…” I didn’t bother to put any input because I was just about as confused as Minwoo.

                Hyunseong shushed him. “Not now.” He said, walking over to me and delicately placing an arm around my shoulders. I froze like ice. We watched as Minwoo continued to handle the camera, still puzzled. “Be careful with that.” Hyunseong added.

                Minwoo didn’t answer and clicked the camera as me and Hyunseong smiled. We’re just taking pictures everyone, no big deal, unless it’s with camera-shy Hyunseong, and he’s the one who wanted it. “Hyung, can I go now?” He whined, taking another picture.

                “One more.” Hyunseong insisted, and Minwoo had no choice but to accept because it was his elder. Minwoo lifted the camera as if it weighed a ton. “On my count.” Hyunseong started to count.

                I could feel Hyunseong’s heat radiating off, him being so close. I just wanted to rest my head on his shoulder. But I was too shy to face him and focused all my attention on the camera.

                “One… two… three!”

                I felt a little peck on my cheek, and just as soon as I felt it, it disappeared just as fast… did Hyunseong just kiss me? I whipped my head towards Hyunseong, who was blushing red like a Valentine’s Day box, and was weirdly three feet away from me. But he just kissed my cheek, I’m sure of it!

                “… Did you get it?” Hyunseong quietly asked, walking over to his friend and peering over the camera.

                “Aish!” Minwoo huffed, pushing the camera in his Hyung’s hands. “You’re so weird Hyung, now I’m blind!”  With that he stormed far away from us.

                Hyunseong had his head down as he returned my camera. Where I instantly took it from his hands and scanned the most recent photos. “I have evidence you kissed me.” I told him slyly. “I thought you didn’t like pictures.” I said, leaning on the table.

                Hyunseong sat down next to me. He softly placed his hand over mine, and I strangely felt happier. “You just looked like you wanted one.” He said in which I fought the urge to give a response that I didn’t want one, but that would be a lie.

                I really did like him. And I guess he felt the same, or else he wouldn’t be doing this.

                “I’m actually really happy you picked me.” He said earnestly, squeezing my hand a bit. “I’d get in front of the camera a million times for you, no matter how camera shy I am.”  

               

~~~

YYAYAYAYAYAYAY. I love this guy~ Anyways, I'm going away for the weekend for my birhday and I just wanted to leave this because it's been awhile. I'll be working on the next chapter by then!

1: Kim Donghyun

2. Jo Youngmin

3. Shim Hyunseong

4. Maknae Line

5. (Well there's only one Hyung left, so you should know who it is)

6. Maknae Line

~Camille