Meet the Basket Boys!

Basket Boys - Boyfriend Edition! (one shots)

                If you didn’t know, the basket boys program was a genius way to auction off boys for charity. They were the most sought out, and were prepared; they dressed nicely in-front of the entire school and had a picnic basket with food they’ve prepared for your luncheon with them, hence basket boy. They would give you their undivided attention for the entire afternoon.

                “We’ll go in order by age!” The girls in the audience were forced to stay quiet, if they weren’t they’d probably pop each other’s eardrums out. The red velvet curtain started to ease out slightly…

                “And here I give you; Boyfriend!” The auctioneer on stage had a booming voice, but at the same time it was pleasant. “Take your pick!” he urged.

                The curtain finally unveiled the handsome batch. There were six of them, all shining and smiling with happy faces, each having an identical picnic basket clutched in their hands. “In general, this group of lovely boys has amazing talent and good looks!”

                There was no doubt about that. I scanned the six, and finally found the one that caught my eye first. He looked at me and winked, at least in my direction, I’m not too sure if it was me or not.

                The host walked over to the first boy, putting his hands on his shoulders. “This boy’s the eldest! Though he’s charmingly dorky, he’s a natural born leader!” The audience ‘ooh’ed and ‘aah’ed at the fun facts. With the spotlight all on him, he looked even handsomer than before. “At twenty one years old, he may be old, but he still knows how to have fun! His hobbies include fashion, playing the piano, and Japanese!”

The boy gave a big smile on his face, bowing respectively. He was pretty tall, with short black hair and brown eyes. It sounded simple, but it surely wasn’t.

                “I present to you, Kim Donghyun!”                 

                Donghyun stepped forward and took the microphone. “Hello! I’m Kim Donghyun, and my goal is to be a huge influence to everybody!”

                He stepped back when his time was up and the director moved on to the next boy.

                The next boy had dark hair as well, but styled differently. His timid face and blushing features looked so adorable to me that I just wanted to hug him and tell him it was alright. “Don’t be fooled by his shy features, he has a heart of gold! He loves to sing as well, but is a bit afraid by cameras. You may not be able to take many selcas with him but he’s incredibly caring and affectionate!” The boy looked down for a brief moment, trying to put himself back together.

                “H-hi!” He managed to say, giving a small, but sweet smile. “I’m Shim Hyunseong… uh… please choose me!” He hurriedly stepped back, but gave his full attention to the audience.

                The auctioneer came over to the third boy in line. He had light honey brown hair and a hypnotizing smile. He didn’t have to think twice before winking flirtatiously at the crowd. The auctioneer spoke. “He is the Mirror Prince of them all! He’s very smart, very good at piano like Donghyun, a bit quiet, and likes The Beatles!”

                The boy quickly went forward and gave a big wave and heart for everyone. I liked his bold atmosphere. “Hey! My name is Lee Jeongmin!”

                “And that’s the end of our Hyung line!” The director said. “Moving on; presenting the Maknae line!”

                It left me to wonder about the remaining boys. They were full of aegyo and charm.

                The first boy that came was donned in blond hair; it made him stand out real well. “The eldest of the Jo twins, Jo Youngmin!” The director announced loudly. "His favorite color is yellow, and he’s very outgoing and will always have something to talk about!”

                Youngmin stepped forward and put on an overly cute face, his hands folded like an innocent little boy. “I’m Youngminnie~ please be good to me!”

                The second twin finally stepped forward, having darker hair and a more mature haircut; he looked more mature between the two, even if he was younger than Youngmin. The auctioneer said, “The younger twin is an easygoing boy with a clashing 4-D personality!” he stepped forward, and showed himself off to the audience. “His hobbies include rapping, soccer, and his favorite color is blue!”

                “Hi, I’m Jo Kwangmin!” He said, cocking his head to the side in a playful fashion.

                Finally, the last one stepped forward. He was the shortest and youngest of them all, with and adorable face and a boyish hairstyle. “Our final basket boy of the day is the cutie pie No Minwoo!” Minwoo bowed and gave a bashful smile and wink that he’d obviously copied from a girl group. “His favorite color is red and he likes to rap with Kwangmin, act alongside the twins, hapikdo, swimming, and has a passion for dancing!”

                I noted that Minwoo was definitely easy on the eyes and it would be impossible for someone not to like him.

                “I’m Minwoo!” He said very cutely and maknae-esque. “I love you!”

                I almost wanted to giggle at that part.

                “So audience!” The director said, breaking me out of my trance. “The time has come! The bidding will start!”

                I stuck my tongue out in frustration. How could I possibly choose between six perfect guys? Donghyun just looked like he’d be a natural in everything. Hyunseong would be so much fun the play around with and get him out of that shy-shell. Jeongmin would’ve been easy to converse with. I would never have to take my eyes of Youngmin. Kwangmin looked incredibly sweet. And Minwoo was just darn right endearing.

                When I finally made my decision (a tough one at that) I waited for my boy to be called. “I bid!” I call out first. The one I chose noticed me and gave me a beaming face; I flushed red but remained still.

                “One bid for the lovely lady!” The director cried to the audience. “Going once… twice… sold!”

                Did I just… win!? I won? I won! Did the other bidders not have enough money? Did they not like my choice? Who cares, I won my man!

                The basket boy I received grabbed the microphone and said to me, “I promise to not dissappoint you this afternoon! I’ll see you at lunch!”

                And I just couldn’t stop smiling.

~

Hello! sendohime here~ So it'll be a series of one shots with your man, one shot per member. Who will be first?

~Camille