I choose you, Kim Donghyun

Basket Boys - Boyfriend Edition! (one shots)

                “Hello!”

                I sat down as daintily as possible in the chair across from Donghyun. Yes, I chose Donghyun. There was just something about him that I liked.

                “Hi.” I said, not knowing what else to say. I looked around at the array of food placed on the table. It looked delicious! There were fruit tarts and colorful fruits arranged in a heart. “You made all of this?” I asked surprised.

                Donghyun rubbed his neck. “Yeah, it was my first time cooking for someone other than family, so I went all-out, if you don’t mind.”

                “Mind? It looks amazing!”

                “Really?” Donghyun asked, a little surprised by the extreme praise. “Thank you! Then enjoy the meal!”

                I smiled, and we both ate our meals in a comfortable silence. I relished the meal, and the delicious food filled me up nicely. I finished my food a bit earlier than Donghyun, and I stole a few looks at him. He was indeed handsome. Even how he ate his meals was charming! I may have spent all of my babysitting money on him (and the charity to our renovating town library) but it was definitely worth it.

                When Donghyun finally noticed my glazed eyes he coughed, breaking me from my trance. “Is something wrong?” he asked, a bit concerned.

                “Oh gosh!” I whispered, turning away and blushing terribly. Ugh, I have to be more discreet about these things! No wonder I’m still single…

                Donghyun laughed, and it only continued to heighten my embarrassment. “You’re very cute!”

                I waved him off. “Aish!” It felt like there wasn’t anyone here, but in fact all of the basket boys and their dates were in the room, and it wasn’t exactly quiet.

                “Awe, don’t be embarrassed.” Donghyun frowned.

                I puffed out my cheeks and didn’t answer him. I helped him clear out the table, and wiped away the dirty dishes as best I could. The silence was a tad awkward, but I quickly got used to it, I kind of expected it, since it wasn’t actually that kind of date, a date where you like each other back. I literally bought his affection for the day.

                “It looks like you’re thinking too hard.” Donghyun’s comment broke me out of my thoughts.

                “Ah… yeah, I kinda am.”

                “Mind telling me?” He asked, his arms open. He sat back down in his chair and gestured for me to sit in mine.

                “It’s just…” I slumped in my chair. “You know that feeling when your love is one-sided?”

                Donghyun’s eyes widened slightly, his mouth forming into a tiny circle. “Well,” he coughed, his voice turning more mature than his usual dorky self. “I guess everyone has?”

                “Are you?” I asked curiously, being a bit conservative about asking if he liked someone else.

                He smiled sheepishly. “Yeah, there’s this girl… but I’m too nervous to say much.”

                Oh. He liked someone else. Great, [/brbdying.]

                “I’m sure.” I said, smiling sadly. I reached over and reluctantly shook his hand. I felt that tiny spark erupt like lightning in my fingers. I didn’t want to let go, but I relinquished my grip after almost five seconds. “It was nice talking to you.”

                “Yeah.” He gave me his own smile, which almost made me melt. “Good luck with your love.”

~

                I finally got away from that stuffy place, and was totally relieved I got away from Donghyun. If I kept talking I would probably start saying stuff I’d regret. Like, I don’t know, I like you!? Ugh, I like Kim Donghyun! One of the most popular boys around! No, no, no! What trouble! I’m one of probably tons of other girls who like him and just another ant in the crowd. So stupid!

                I stopped walking and leaned against the lockers in the hallway of my school. I think way too much, it’s physically tiring me out. WAIT. I can’t stop now. If I get caught by someone in the hall, like my friends, they wouldn’t stop asking me questions about my lunch with Donghyun, a topic I want to avoid. I just need to go home, it’s my day off, I can take a much needed nap.

                “Hey! Wait!”

                … Too late.

                I took a deep breath, and proceeded to turn around, a smile plastered on my face. I heard the clanging of dishes brushing against each other. It was Donghyun again, breathing heavily, and still carrying the picnic basket. “W-why’d you take off so soon?” He asked in-between breaths.

                “I, uh, have a thing.” I lied, pointing uncomfortably towards the door.

                When Donghyun finally relaxed, he came forward, a little too close to my comfort. “I just wanted to know something.”

                I was a bit confused, but obliged. I relaxed a bit and nodded, pulling the strands of hair away from my face. “Sure, what is it?”

                “… Why did you choose me?”

                My body was frozen. My face fell.  “What do you mean?” I questioned, trying to look stoic. “I’m doing it for the new library to be built as quickly as possible.”

                “Oh.” I noticed the sullen look in his face. That was strange. “Is that the only reason?” he asked, his voice tinged with a bit of hopefulness.

                My lying had a drawing point. If I had to get over Kim Donghyun, I should just get over it and confess, move on.  That would make everything just a little bit easier. I sighed, and looked at the ground. “No.” It wasn’t the only reason, I said. I had to be direct about this, if I was going to confess to someone I had to at least do it the right way. I looked up at him, my eyes gazing into his. “I also like you.” It was a blunt and direct reason, no curves and odds.

                I waited for my rejection.

                …

                “REALLY!? YES!”

                Wait, who said that? The halls were empty except us two…

                I watched in utter shock as Donghyun abandoned his picnic basket and began jumping around happily. It was like a movie, like the boy was so desperate for the girl and when she reluctantly says yes he can’t hold in his happiness. As people say, he was jumping for joy.

                “I like you too!” He finally stopped jumping, and looked at me like I was the only girl in the world. “I like you too! And you like me! And I like you! Now we can be together!” When the information was finally processed in my brain, my jaw dropped. Kim Donghyun liked me? He cleared his throat, and I looked at him attentively. “I never talked to you before, but I heard from everyone that you’re so cool. And I guess it traveled off from there…”

                I shifted a bit on my feet, not being able to stay still. “Then I guess we can be together.” My gosh, I wanted to jump around like Donghyun. This was amazing. I thought I was just getting a lunch date but now I can have unlimited lunch dates with Donghyun, for free.

                “Uh-huh!” He grabbed my hand happily, and I enjoyed the warmth. “First order of business, call me Oppa!”

                And that’s how my relationship with Donghyun-oppa began.

~~~

Hello! I'm actually doing a pattern here. The one shots are as followed.

1. Donghyun

2. Maknae Line

3. Hyung Line

4. Maknae Line

5. Hyung Line

6. Maknae Line

Want guesses for number two? Nah... hehe. See you either tomorrow, or in a few days!