Chapter 5..... "Apology"

Eori Jianha: Ready for Love

 

"Eori Jianha: Ready for Love"
 
Game 5
 
~Apology~
 
 Kris Anne looked outside the window, the night is dawning. It was past 6, but Dongho is not yet there. She’s starting to worry. She looked at Alexander.
 
 “Oppa.”, she called.
 
 “Yes?”, Xander replied.
 
 “Are you sure Dongho will be alright?”, she asked worriedly.
 
 “Yes, he will be fine. He may be young on the way he acts, he thinks with maturity sometimes.”, Xander answered.
 
 “Is that so?”, she said as she looked down. Where are you Kiddo?
 
 “Are you worried about him?”, Soohyun who is sitting next to Xander in the living room asked.
 
 She lifted her head and looked at him. “What?”, she asked.
 
 “Are you worried about Dongho?”, Soohyun repeated.
 
 “Me? Of course not. Why would I?”, she replied. Am I really worried about him?
 
 “Then why are you asking about him?”, Soohyun asked.
 
 “It’s just that. . . . Okay. Fine, I admit it. I’m worried about him.”, she said.
 
 “Why?”, Xander asked.
 
 “I’m worried because I know he’s mad at me. Because I know the reason why he left a while ago is me.”, she said vowing her head.
 
 “What makes you think that he’s mad at you?”, Soohyun asked.
 
 “He was glaring at me oppa.”, she looked at Soohyun. “I saw his eyes, it was full of anger. And it’s all for me.”, she added.
 
 “He’s not.”, Xander said.
 
 “He’s not?”, she asked looking at him.
 
 “Maybe. He he~.”, Xander replied laughing softly.
 
 “Oppa~.”, she frowned the vowed her head.
 
 She heard the door open. Dongho! She looked at the door’s direction. She frowned when she saw that it Ki Bum and Kiseop and not Dongho.
 
 “We’re home.”, Kiseop said.
 
 “Hoooo. It’s pretty cold outside.”, Ki Bum said. “I think it’s going to snow.”, he added.
 
 Snow? Dongho didn’t have any jacket with him. He’ll feel cold.
 
 “Yeah. It’s almost Christmas season. That’s the reason why the temperature is getting colder.”, Xander said.
 
 “Where’s Dongho?”, Kiseop asked.
 
 “He’s not yet here.”, Soohyun replied.
 
 “Oh. Maybe he’s still in the baseball field.”, Kiseop said.
 
 She stood up. “What baseball field? Where is it oppa?”, she asked.
 
 Kiseop looked at her. “The baseball field near here. Two blocks to the left.”, Kiseop said pointing the door.
 
 She grabbed her bag then walked to Dongho’s room. She entered the room and opened his closet. She was looking for a jacket. When she can’t see one, she picked up the pajama in the bed and put it inside her bag. She closed the closet and went out of the room then closed the door. She walked straight to the door.
 
 “Where are you going noona?”, she heard Kevin asked.
 
 “I’ll be looking for Dongho.”, she replied then went out of the condo.
 
 She followed what Kiseop said but she can’t seem to find the baseball field. She turned around and scanned the whole place. THERE! She saw the baseball field near a convenient store on the other side of the street.
 
 She crossed the street and ran to the baseball field. She saw Dongho there. He was about to pitch the ball. On that way, she found him a man than a kid. He looked mature. Xander-oppa was right. She smiled and walked inside the field.
 
 “GO DONGHO!”
 
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
 Dongho was sitting on the ground. It was almost seven. The sky is dark. How could she laugh at me that way?
 
 “I’m the cute maknae of U-Kiss! Of course I wore adorable things.”, he said then stood up. “Wearing those stuffs doesn’t mean I’m childish.”, he said then pitched the ball on his hand.
 
 He sighed. Hah~. When will they look at me as a man? I’m not young anymore. I’m a grown-up. He told himself then picked another ball from the ground. He was about pitch the ball when he heard someone.
 
 “GO DONGHO!”, a voice shouted.
 
 Huh? Who is that? He scanned the place. He can’t see anyone. What the? He pitched the ball.
 
 “NICE ONE!”, the voice shouted again.
 
 Huh? The voice sounded familiar. Was that Kris Anne? He looked around. He saw someone walking from the baseball field’s entrance. What the? His eyes widened when he saw who it was.
 
 It was Kris Anne. She ran from the entrance when he looked at her. She was waving her hands with a smile. What is she doing in here?
 
 She was gasping for breath when she reached him. She was still smiling as she looks at him.
 
 “Nice one!”, Kris Anne said. She was still out of breath.
 
 “What are you doing in here?”, Dongho said looking at her.
 
 “Nothing.”, she replied. "I just wanted to see you, if our okay.", she added.
 
 "What?", he asked. What is this girl talking about? He looked at her with confused eyes.
 
 "I am looking for you. Get it?", Kris Anne replied as she stood up straight and look at him.
 
 "Why?", he asked.
 
 "I just want to. . . .apologize.", she replied as she vowed her head.
 
 Apologize?
 
 "What?", he asked.
 
 "I want to say sorry!", she replied.
 
 He looked at her.
 
 "What?", she asked.
 
"How did you know that I'm here?", he asked. He sat on the grass then looked.
 
 "I used this.", Kris Anne answered smiling then sat beside him.
 
 He turned his head to look at her. She was pointing her head.
 
 "Really? I never thought you have one.", he said looking away.
 
 "What?!", Kris Anne shouted then hit his right arm.
 
 "Aww!", he grunted. "YAH! I thought you're here to apologize?", he said glaring at her.
 
 "Oh my! I'm sorry Dongho! Miane miane!", Kris Anne apologized. She looked at him worriedly then held his arm.
 
 "Dongho?", he asked. Did she just call me in my name?
 
 "Yes. Dongho. Why? Isn't that your name?", Kris Anne asked as she let's go of her arm.
 
 "Nothing. I'm just pretty surprised that you called me by my name.", he said looking at her.
 
 "What do you mean?", she asked looking back at him curiously.
 
 "Nothing.", he answered.
 
 "Oh I see. You want me to call you 'Kiddo'? Huh? Kiddo?", Kris Anne asked as she gave him an insulting smile.
 
 He glared at her the smiled. “Oh really Wallie?”, he said smiling sarcastically.
 
 He saw Kris Anne’s smile fade. His sarcastic smile widened.
 
 “Tss. You-.”, Kris Anne said looking at him.
 
 “What?”, he asked looking back at her. He looked away when he saw Kris Anne did.
 
 Silence filled the air.
 
 “Ah~. It’s getting colder. I can feel the spirit of Christmas.”, he exclaimed as he hug’s himself.
 
 He felt something soft hits his right arm. He turned his eyes and saw Kris Anne handing a yellow cloth to him.
 
 “What’s that?”, he asked.
 
 “Just get it.”, Kris Anne replied then pushed the cloth against his arm.
 
  He grabbed the cloth. He was shocked when he saw what it was. It was his pajama. She turned his eyes to Kris Anne. She was looking away. He wants to ask her where did she got that, but he knows they wont end up good if he did. Besides, he doesn’t want to ruin the pleasant atmosphere between him and Kris Anne. He wore the upper part of the pajama then hugged himself.
 
 “Ah~. Adorable pajama’s are the best.”, he said smiling. “Aren’t you feeling cold?” he asked Kris Anne looking away.
 
 “I guess not.”, he heard her answered softly.
 
 Silence filled the air again.
 
 “Sorry.”, Kris Anne suddenly said breaking the silence.
 
 He looked at her. She was vowing her head. Slowly, she turned her head and looked at him. He saw her eyes. They were sparkling but it wasn’t able to hide the sadness behind it.
 
 She’s beautiful. Her eyes speak to him clearly.
 
 “I’m sorry Dongho. Miane.”, she repeated looking at him more weary.
 
 He looked away. “Sorry for what?”, he asked then looked down.
 
 “For everything. For all the things I’ve caused you problem. From the first day we met at the hospital until this time, I want to apologize for everything.”, Kris Anne replied softly.
 
 “That? Tsss.”, he said. He was speechless. He doesn’t know what to say.
 
 “Are you mad at me?”, Kris Anne asked.
 
 “What?”, he looked at her.
 
 “Do you hate me Dongho?”, she asked with a very low tone.
 
 “What makes you think of that?”, he replied as he look away. She can’t stand looking at her directly. Darn!
 
 “Because I’ve caused you a lot of problem. I know I’m the reason why you walked out this afternoon. I’m really sorry Dongho, I promise I would never bother you again.”, Kris Anne said. Her voice was so soft and her eyes are really weary.
 
 Darn! How couldn’t I forgive you when you’re looking like that? He looked at her. She was like a child begging for forgiveness.
 
 “Forget about that.”, he replied.
 
 “What? What do you mean?”, she asked.
 
 He turned his eyes to him. He smiled sincerely. “Apology accepted.”, he said.
 
 Kris Anne’s eyes widened. The sadness in her eyes are replaced by happiness. She smiled broadly the crawled closer to him.
 
 “Really?”, she asked.
 
 He knobbed and vowed his head. “Yes.”, he answered.
 
 “AH! Thank you Dongho! Kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida!”, Kris Anne shouted.
 
 His eyes widened when he felt Kris Anne’s arms around him. Kris Anne was hugging him.
 
 “Kamsahamnida Dongho! Promise, I would never cause you problem anymore! I promise! Kamsahamnida!”, Kris Anne exclaimed still not letting go of him.
 
 “Okay. Okay. That’s enough.”, he said. “Let go of me already.”
 
 Kris Anne let go of him but she was still not moving away. Her hands are on his shoulders. She was facing her with a broad smile and shiny eyes.
 
 “Kamsahamnida!”, Kris Anne said.
 
 His eyes widened again when she pulled him closer and kissed him. . . . . . on his cheeks. She kissed him quickly then removed her hands on her shoulders. She was still smiling at her as she lloks at him. (wn: where do you expect? LOL XD )
 
 Darn! Why did she do that?!
 
 He felt his cheeks are getting warm. He’s blushing. Darn it! Ahhhh! He covered his face.
 
 “Oh! Dongho, you’re blushing?”, Kris Anne asked pointing his cheeks.
 
 “Huh? What? No, I’m not!”, he replied.
 
 He can’t stand being that close to her so he stood up and picked up the ball from the ground. He walked a few steps away from her, and then he pitched the ball. The ball flew far. Nice. He smiled.
 
 He heard Kris Anne clapped her hands. He turned his back to see her from behind. She still has that broad smile on her lips.
 
 “Nice one Dongho!”, Kris Anne said clapping her hands together.
 
 “Thanks.”, he replied vowing his head.
 
 “You’re really good at it, huh.”, Kris Anne said.
 
 He just smiled as a response.
 
 “Could you teach me?”, she asked as she stood up and walked closer to him.
 
 “Huh?”, he asked looking at her curiously.
 
 “Please Dongho. Teach me how to play baseball. Of just teach me how to hit it. Please. Please?”, Kris Anne pleaded.
 
 He looked at her. Here she goes again. With that weary eyes and innocent face, how could he say no?
 
 “Okay.”, he said then picked up the bat from the ground. “Here, hold this.”, he said then hand the bat to her.
 
 Kris Anne accept the bat with a smile. “So how should I hold this?”, she asked.
 
 “Hold it by your two fists. It should be tight.”, he replied. “Hold it tightly then stand like this.”, he commanded.
 
 “Oh? Like this?”, Kris Anne asked as she widened the distance between her two feet. She was trying to do what Dongho did, but she looked awful.
 
 “Ha~ha!”, he laughed loud.
 
 “Why?”, she asked frowning.
 
 “Not that way. Like this. You look so awful. Ha~ha!”, he replied.
 
 Kris Anne frowned then sat on the ground. She lets go of the bath.
 
 “Oh. Why?”, he asked him.
 
 Kris Anne lifted her head and looked at him. “You’re making fun of me.”, she said pouting her lips.
 
 “Ha~ha. I’m not okay.”, he replied.
 
 “But you’re laughing at me.”, Kris Anne said.
 
 He looked at her. This girl. He walked closer to her then offered his hand. “Stand up. I’ll teach you how.”, he said smiling.
 
___________________________________________________________________________
 
 Kris Anne looked at Dongho as he offered his hand to her.
 
 “Com’on. I’ll show you how.”, Dongho said smiling.
 
 She looked at his face. Darn! He looks so cute! She lifted her hand then grabbed Dongho’s. Dongho pulled her up to stand. But when she stood up, she lost her balance and fall. She was still holding Dongho’s hand. She pulled him when she’s about to fall.
 
 She closed her eyes. She’s about to hit the ground when she felt Dongo’s arms around her. He’s protecting her. Instead that she will be the one to hit the ground. Dongho wrapped his arms around her and protect her. Both of them hit the ground, she didn’t feel any pain.
 
 “AH~”, Dongho grunted softly.
 
 She immediately moved away from him. She scanned his body. He was in pain. What are you doing? Why did you do that?
 
 He was lying on the ground. She moved closer to him and held his head then put it on her lap.
 
 “Why did you do that?”, she asked him.
 
 “Ah~”, Dongho grunted again.
 
 “Where does it hurt? Huh? My God, Allyn is going to kill me!”, she panicked. “Wait I’ll just get my phone. I’ll call th-”, she was about to stand up when Dongho pulled her hand. She looked at him.
 
 He was looking at her.
 
 “Stay this way. Don’t leave me.”
 
end of chapter 5