I Won't Dance (ChenxYou)

Snapshots

A/N: Alex wanted a part 2 to know what happened on Lindae's end, so here it goes. This will be based off of a photo as well, and I took the Jongdae first picture that showed up on my tumblr dash after refreshing it. Here's the reference photo! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sounds of a bustling city echoed through the streets as you made your way to the bus stop, rushing to get there not to miss the bus. You were already late to your meeting with your best friend and weren't going to hear the end of it until you parted ways at the end of the day. The both of you had plans to go to the amusement park, excited to see the new night show premiering tonight. You catch the bus on time and take a seat close to the door to make sure that you could exit smoothly and quickly.

He's really going to be mad at you.

You hear a ping from your phone and automatically know it's him with a text asking where you were. You text back, saying that you are on the bus and that he needs to take a chill pill, you will not be rushing for some guy like him. However, once you look up from your phone you see that you've made it to your stop and quickly dash from your seat, running to your usual meeting spot but slowing down once you got near him. You notice him hunched over typing you a reply, eyebrows furrowed because he was becoming impatient waiting for you. Before he looks up you hide behind a corner, wanting to play around with him for a little bit before letting him see you.

[Stupid]: Are you here now??

[Crazy Girl]: Hmm? What? I'm here. Where are you?

[Stupid]: I'm at our usual meeting place!

[Crazy Girl]: Ohh, were we supposed to meet there? I'm already at the amusement park!

[Stupid]: What?!

[Crazy Girl]: Sorry...

The pitter patter of feet running towards the street makes you laugh, an audible laugh that he notices and picks up on. He instantly turns around and glares at you, stomping to where you are while you're falling to the ground, pointing at him for believing your lie.

"Why did you do that to me? I was about to get on the bus!"

"I would've just followed you and make it so that my lie was real."

You watch him standing there pouting, but one roll of the eyes from you he smiles and holds out his arm.

"Ready?"

"Oh my, what a gentleman."

"Only the best."

"Gross."

-----

Once you both have arrived you rush to the different attractions, going on various rides, eating snacks along the way and almost puking after riding a roller coaster. The both of you enjoyed the amusement park and often went to it, always looking for the newest attraction and challenging each other to participate no matter how ridiculous it was. It had been a while since you went to the amusement park because of busy scheduling, so there were various attractions to try out today. A new teacup ride, interactive 4-D rides, a roller coaster, the haunted house, and bumper cars were all tried out before lunch time. A break was taken for lunch and you were presented with the most daunting challenge of the day: an attraction that required you to dance.

You refused. There was no way you were going to dance, especially with your two left feet.

The topic was dropped once he got a text message from his friend, Luhan, who was freaking out on how to confess to his best friend. They were going on a picnic today and he was planning on confessing after countless times of failure at hinting towards his feelings for her. He shows you his phone and lets you read the message full of panic and worry.

"What should I tell him?"

"Tell him it'll be fine! Is he really freaking out on how to confess?"

"Yeah."

"Well... Oh! I have an idea. Tell him that you're going to confess to me."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it! Luhan should know what to do. We talked about this the other day." You grab his phone and started typing a message, reminding Luhan of his plan that the two of you had set up the other day.

"About me confessing to you?" He moves away from you in his chair, and you could feel a slight pang in your chest. Thinking it was just heartburn, you didn't think too much about it, but reached for your water to take a quick sip before replying. There was a slight nervousness in the air, but neither you nor him did anything about it.

"No, stupid! About him confessing to her!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, we talked about different ways to confess and if best friends could really date each other."

"And? Can they?"

"I don't know. I guess so. I mean, your best friend would know you best, right? They've already seen all sides of you and they're the ones you enjoy spending time with the most, so I don't see why that wouldn't be such a bad idea..." You trail off in thought, thinking about the right words to describe your opinion on best friend relationships. He was about to make a response until you continued talking, "... but at the same time it could be completely a bad idea, because even though you work as friends doesn't necessarily mean you would work out as a couple. I think it just depends on the nature of the relationship and where it leads."

"Hmm... Hey! Let's go to the place we were talking about earlier!" He starts to clean up and get ready to go.

"N-no! I don't want to. I'm not in the mood to dance."

"Eyy, c'mon. It'll be fun! What if we get to dance together? That'd be fun, right?"

"Jongdae-yah."

You both throw the trash away and you're reminded of one of your favorite songs by Fred Astaire. As you're walking away from him you start making references, partially singing the song as you're saying the lyrics.

"I won't dance, don't ask me." (Y)

He laughs and plays along, pulling you towards him to start dancing but you push him away, walking in the opposite direction of the challenged attraction.

"I won't dance, don't ask me. I won't dance, Monsieur, with you. My heart won't let my feet do the things they should do. Say, you know what? You're lovely. You know what? You're lovely, but oh, what you do to me. I'm like an ocean wave that's bumped on the shore. I feel so absolutely stumped on the floor." (Y)

Your wrist gets taken and he turns you around back in the direction towards the attraction, taking over the song as you resist to be turned around.

"When you dance, you're charming and you're gentle. 'Specially when you do the Continental." (J)

You stand firm on the ground, refusing to go anywhere.

"But this feeling isn't purely mental. For heaven rest us-" (Y)

"I'm not asbestos!" (J)

A circle is walked around him, and the both of you get wrapped up in the song, not noticing the small crowd that has formed around you as your eyes are never taken off each other.

"And that's why I won't dance, why should I? I won't dance, how could I? I won't dance, merci beaucoup. I know that music leads the way to romance." (Y)

Again he pulls you close and tries to dance with you, but you shake your head and refuse to move, forcing him to drag you along while you're tripping over your feet.

"So if I hold you in my arms-" (J)

"I won't dance!" (Y)

You break your arms away from him and end the song while a small applause surround the two of you, enjoying the performance that you had unintentionally put on for people to watch. The both of you turn red and run away after bowing, laughing at how ridiculous the situation just now was. You give into the challenge and head inside the attraction, and the rest of the day was spent there.

-----

Once sunset arrived you emerged from the attraction with him, hungry from all the dancing you had to do to win against him. Dinner was bought and you both settled on a place to watch the new night show, the reason why you both wanted to come tonight. Another crowd formed around you to watch the night show and you were pushed close together, close enough for you to almost feel his breath on him. A ping came from your cell phone and you immediately turn towards him, relaying the happy message that Luhan had successfully confessed and they were officially together now. You melt on the inside and pretend to swoon, but are suddenly brought closer to Jongdae as someone in the crowd pushed their way to the front. Instinctively he wraps an arm around your waist, keeping you safe from the people harming others by shoving their way through and keeping the two of you together so that you wouldn't be separated. You become more aware of the closeness of his proximity to you and feel your face heating up a little, but you receive another text from your phone with a message saying that Luhan had kissed her as well.

"Aww! That's so sweet! Luhan kissed her! I'm jealous," you sighed. "I want to be kissed."

Jongdae cleared his throat and you looked up at him wondering what was wrong with him, but he was looking anywhere except at you so you go back to your phone waiting for the show to start. You feel a slight squeeze from his arm as he brings you closer, still looking anywhere but you. You look up at him again and notice a slight redness to his face, bringing his free hand to his face to cough and clear his throat again, then sneaking that arm around your belly to meet his other arm already around you. Your face heats up again and it clicks, realizing the weight of your wish and that there could really only be one person to grant that wish. Quickly you look down again, continuing to stare at your phone even though there was nothing on it right now. Gently biting your lip, you put your phone away noticing it's uselessness in distracting you from the person next to you. As you drop your phone into your purse his hand automatically reaches for yours, still holding you in an embrace. Again you look up to him but your breath hitches as you meet his eyes giving you an intense stare, almost as if he was searching for something in your own eyes.

The fanfare of the night show erupts through the speakers and you jump in surprise, breaking the eye contact and allowing yourself to breathe again. The crowd pushes forward, squishing you together and bringing the heat to your face once again. You stare at the ground but feel a nudge from his nose on your head, telling you to look up and watch the show. Once your attention is placed on the show you watch it in awe, marvelling at the beautiful lights and performances at the parade. You settle your head in his neck and lightly squeeze his hand, becoming comfortable in his arms. He places a small kiss on your forehead and you whisper into his ear, happy with how the day turned out.

"Thank you for taking me to the amusement park today, Jongdae."

The both of you spend the rest of the night holding hands, not wanting to let each other go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Random note! I originally found the song through the movie Step Up 3D with this scene. It's super cute and I recommend you watch it, the dance is wonderful and Moose and Camille are too cute!! So much fluff, but so much good.