His Smile (LuhanxYou)

Snapshots

A/N: This LuhanxYou scenario is dedicated to Alex because she had been missing Luhan dearly due to testing. I'm using this photo as the basis of this scenario.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His smile is the most beautiful thing on the earth. You could just stare at it all day if you could, and sometimes you would. It didn't help that he often stared back and smiled, catching your gaze and watching you turn a deep shade of pink that he found endearing. He was the greatest person in your world and nothing could change it. Even if you strayed in the slightest you always found your way back to him, and it wasn't going to change anytime soon.

Today was no different, the fall weather matched perfectly with his beauty. His soft black hair and bright red jacket contrasted with the fall colors, making him stand out in the crowd as you approached him at the park. Today was the start of the break and you both wanted to take advantage of it, planning a walk in the park and a picnic to enjoy the nice fall weather. The sounds of wildlife and families echoed throughout the park as you and your best friend walked down a small trail to a secluded clearing. The trees were already a nice shade of red, orange, and yellow, but the leaves were not falling yet, giving you and him the best opportunity to find a clear spot of grass to sit on. He sets out the blanket and motions for you to sit down next to him, eager to open up the picnic and eat whatever you had prepared. He always enjoyed your lunches when you would make them for you, and since they were rare he was ready to eat what you made. You set down the basket and began unpacking, laughing at his reactions to the food as you pull them out one by one.

"Luhan."

"Yeah?"

"Did you really want to spend time with me today or did you just want the food?"

A pause came from him as he contemplated his answer, making sure he didn't give you the wrong one and making you mad. Although you get over it quickly, your quick hits that happen can be kind of painful as you don't know your own strength.

"Hmm... Both? I came here with you, the food is just a plus."

"Hmm... I'll take it, for now."

You begin to feed him his favorite finger foods, his face of pure content while eating the food you into watching his every move. Each bite that he took, the small smiles, and the constant remarks that each bite that he took was better than the one before did not go unnoticed by you, and you enjoyed every bit of it. Somehow the food in front of you became unnecessary as you watched the love of your life eat, becoming full just by watching him stuff his face. He caught you staring and smiled in return, reaching over to feed you a bite of food. You chew but never take your eyes off him until you reach for some water, realizing that you made something a little spicier than normal. You're in the middle of drinking when Luhan starts talking and causes you to almost choke and spit out the water.

"Do you think best friends could get together?"

"W-what?"

"Like... do you think they could date?"

"Why are you asking?" You wipe off water from your lips as you clear your throat, making sure that your voice is working properly.

"Well did you hear about Jongdae and Linda?"

"No! What happened?"

"He confessed to her."

"What? Why didn't she tell me? What did she say?"

"I don't know, he just texted me saying that he did it."

"Wow... I mean, finally. They were meant to be."

"Really?" Luhan lets out a small laugh before resting his head on your lap, looking at the sun shining through the leaves and his fingers. "So you think that best friends could be together?"

"Why not, right? Totally possible, as long as people have patience with each other."

"Yeah? So... What if I said I was in love with my best friend?"

Your heart sinks as you hear his question, wondering exactly who was able to capture his heart. You look away and hold back your tears, trying to sound as cheerful as you could be.

"That's great! Who's the lucky girl?"

Luhan sits up and turns towards you, giving you a confused look because he just confessed to you, his best friend.

But you didn't know.

How could you know? He didn't say who.

You could feel him scoot closer to you as you turned from him even more, determined not to look at him because if you did you would burst out crying. He gently turns your head towards him while shaking his head, laughing at how dense you could be during moments like these. You still don't look at him in the eyes, looking down at the picnic blanket while completely red in the face.

"She's someone I know really well. Someone who puts up with me, cooks for me, laughs with me, hits me when I'm wrong, and has a cute laugh. Sometimes I find myself just looking at her, and when our eyes meet I can't help but smile."

In the back of your head you wonder if he's talking about you, but there just couldn't be any way. Only you were the one in love with him. You look up at him and begin to ask him to tell you who it is, but your breath stops as you look at how close you two are, almost feeling his breath on your face. He smiles his all-kill smile and you melt, forgetting about who he liked and enjoying the closeness that you had with him. Suddenly you feel something soft against your lips as you realize that Luhan was kissing you, finally figuring out that the person he was talking about...

... was you.