Chapter 9

Prisoners of War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyesung stared at the prison wall, daydreaming about life before all this. He whispered to himself songs he composed but surely not recognized by any since he didn't get the chance to showcase it at the talent show in university. The sufferings he has seen and experienced has certainly taken a toll on him. 

 

His eyes were sunken, dirt covering his once flawless face. Hair smells of blood and grit. The clothes were getting baggier on him. I miss home... 

 

CLANK CLANK 

 

Hyesung turned around and saw Jung Hyuk outside his prison cell. 'I want to show you something." Said Jung Hyuk as his dark eyes pierced through Hyesung's heart. THUMP THUMP Hyesung could feel his face becoming hotter. What is this emotions I'm feeling? Fear? Excitement? Or something more?

 

'Where are we going?" Hyesung whispered. His face covered with fear. "Aren't you scared we will be caught by others?' 

 

'I told the guards to stand down since I'm patrolling the area. So it's fine.' Jung Hyuk lead Hyesung through a stretch of corridor, and finally, they were standing in front of a room. 'Wait, isn't this your office?' Hyesung asked in confusion. 

 

'Just keep quiet and follow my lead.' Jung Hyuk replied, without any effort in hiding his annoyance. 

 

Once they were inside the office, Jung Hyuk went to front of his bookshelf. He placed his club on top of his table and begin to dry with sweaty palms by rubbing it against his pants. He placed his hands at the side of the bookshelf and begin to push the bookshelf away from the wall. Hyesung stared. Fear and amazement running through him. What was behind the bookshelf turns out to be a hidden door. Quietly smiling to himself, Jung Hyuk opened the door and right in front of them was a small room, no windows, no doors, just a dim light hanging from the centre of the ceiling, shining upon a grand but humble piano. 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter