Chapter 2

Prisoners of War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Although we’ve allowed you to change camp, your sentencing period will not change at all. Therefore, you will be imprisoned till December 14 1955."

 

Hyesung kept repeating that 2 sentences in his head. He was leaning against the wall ever since one of the officers shouted ‘Break!’ 

 

 

Only 3 years to go. I can survive this hell. Hyesung thought to himself. He really wanted to survive this dreadful life, to start a whole new life once he is released. Get away from all sorts of death, maybe find a girl and settle down and get married. That’s the ideal life he wants. But most importantly, he misses the sound of music. He misses the delicate touch of the piano’s keyboard that lingers at his fingertips. He longed for his mind and heart to be one with music again, to be stuck in his own world where there’s nothing except his passion for music. But there’s nothing here except filth. Hyesung thought to himself as he swallowed down his anger and hatred for this place.

 

“Hey! I hear you are the one who requested to move to this camp. I applaud you for having the courage of voicing out your, erm, request.”

 

 

Hyesung looks up and saw a male who seems to be the same age as him, beaming at him. “I really wonder how in the world are you able to be so bright when you are living in a place that has got no differences to a piece of .” Hyesung said rather impatiently.

 

 

But the man wasn’t put off by Hyesung’s rudeness. In fact, he continued on even brighter. With his hands extending out into Hyesung’s face, “My name is Minwoo. Lee Minwoo. A Major in the army. Pleased to meet you. But I think it would be best if we could meet under a different circumstances rather than this.” Minwoo opens his arms wide, scanning their surroundings.

 

 

Hyesung grinned at Minwoo’s comment. He nodded his head and reach out for Minwoo’s hands who is still waiting for a handshake.  “Major Shin Hyesung. Sorry for my rudeness just now. This is all too overwhelming for me.” Hyesung apologies as he grasped Minwoo’s hand followed by a firm handshake between the two.

 

“So how did you get here?”

 

 

Hyesung looked at Minwoo for a moment. Isn’t the answer obvious? But then, he realised what Minwoo actually meant. “We were caught in an ambush. We were su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter