Chapter 5

Prisoners of War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t wait to see tonight’s concert!” Minwoo squeals, as he tugs Dongwan’s arm excitedly.

 

 

Dongwan growled. “Yah! If my books fell onto the floor, you are dead.” Minwoo glanced at Dongwan and true to that, Minwoo has forgotten that Dongwan was holding onto a pile of thick books. “You could have said it nicely.” Minwoo pouted slightly, but there was a glimpse of apologetic tone in his voice.

 

“Jung Hyuk-ah,” Minwoo diverts his attention. “You are excited for tonight right?” Jung Hyuk stares at Minwoo and nods his head excitedly while showing his boyish smile. “While at class, I couldn’t stop myself from getting distracted by the concert for tonight.”

 

“And that’s why you got badly scolded by seong sae nim.” Dongwan interrupted.

 

“Aish!” Minwoo glared at Dongwan. “You always dampen the atmosphere.”

 

“C’mon now, let’s not quarrel again you two. I need to go back to the dormitory to sort things out. I shall meet you guys maybe at 6?” Jung Hyuk asked. Minwoo and Dongwan nodded their head in sync. As they walked their separate ways, Jung Hyuk couldn’t help but imagine how beautiful the school orchestra will sound later. But most importantly, he looks forward to the most is the pianist. For the pianist in the school orchestra has a huge reputation for playing beautifully but ironically, he hasn't performed in public before. Not until tonight. 

 

 

“Who is that guy?” Hyesung asked Minwoo.

 

Minwoo stopped eating his rice and looks to the direction that Hyesung was pointing. “Oh, that Park Choong Jae. I think it’s better that you don’t mess with him. He’s a bit… rough. He thinks he is the leader amongst us for some reasons which I don't bother remembering. He feels that he is stronger than us and that we should always listen to him.” Minwoo said with his mouth full and rolled his eyes.

 

“His ranking is lower than mine!” Minwoo added in disbelief. “So I thought to myself, why should I listen to him? And that’s why I ignore him.” Smirking, he looked at Hyesung as if his action was commendable.

 

“Wai-wait, where are you going?” No sooner had Minwoo glanced at Hyesung, he was getting up from their bench.

 

“That Choong Jae fellow seems to be bullying that emaciated man over there. I can’t stand watching him.”

 

“Yah! You will be badly hurt if you go there. Don’t!” Minwoo tried to hold back Hyesung, but he misses his tempo and couldn’t grab hold of Hyesung hands.

 

With his confidence and sense of justice erupting, Hyesung walked with a commanding aura, causing the whole canteen to quieten. Once he was close enough, he taps Choong Jae on the shoulder. Everyone who was watching was surprised yet admired his 'brazenness'. Choong Jae turned around and gave a questioning look.

 

“I don’t care who yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter