Chapter 4

Prisoners of War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the thick smell of dried blood and human wastes, the night was beautiful. Rays of the moonlight shine through the windows’ thick metal grids, casting a blusish tint onto the prison floor. It was peaceful. Despite how cruel this place is, it is most beautiful at night.

 

Dongwan walked through a narrow aisle leading to the prison room. As he walked, he was clutching onto a set of keys tightly, muting the jiggling sound. Dongwan was being very careful with each steps in order to not raise alarms. Just then, he heard footsteps coming closer. Dongwan inspects the area and runs towards an indented wall, before pushing himself against it, hoping to be able to blend into the darkness.

 

“Wow, today is such a tiring day.” The soldier on the left said.

“Tell me about it. There were so many influxes of new prisoners today. The camp is so crowded now...” Their voices slowly died down as they walked down the aisle. Fortunately, neither one of them noticed Dongwan hiding in the darkness.

 

 

Dongwan continued to push himself against the wall even though he knew there was on one walking down the narrow aisle. He has to be careful tonight. If not, the consequences for him and Jung Hyuk can be dire. No one will care about the fact that Jung Hyuk has blood relations with the higher ranks.

After making sure it was safe to head back out onto the aisle, Dongwan emerged from the indented wall and begin to walk towards the metal door leading to the prison’s rooms. With each step, he was picking up speed, anxiousness filling in him as he walked.

 

 

Minwoo was sound asleep. But he was woken up by the sound of keys jingling. He opened up his eyes and stared at the wall in front of him. He was sleeping on his side and hence, whoever that came into his room won’t know whether Minwoo was awake or not. If that person comes in to beat me up, I will retaliate.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter