Chapter 6

Prisoners of War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was writing  this while having consultation with my lecturer xD

Any mistakes, I will change it ltr.

 

 

The lights in the auditorium fade out causing everyone to quieten. Roars of applauses broke out through the auditorium, doubling everyone’s anticipation for tonight’s concert. “I am so excited to hear them perform.” MinWoo squealed beside Dongwan.

 

Dongwan, glared at MinWoo before placing his finger onto his lips, hinting at him to be quiet. Jung Hyuk on the other hand, was fidgeting in his seat. Maybe it was pure luck that the songs they are going to perform all happened to be Jung Hyuk’s favourites. Tchaikovsky, Bach, Vivaldi and some much modern music like Ralph Vaughan Williams.

 

The orchestra enters from the wings one by one, yet no one seemed to notice their entrance. It was only when a slim young man enters the stage did it causes a slight commotion. Now, it was clear to the audience that this young man is the pianist. What’s hard for them to comprehend was the fact that he is a freshman.  It has always been a tradition that a senior, who has years of experience, to play the piano for their opening.

 

Undeterred by the murmurings, the young man walked to the centre of the stage where a white grand piano was positioned. He sat down on the stool with the rest of the orchestra following suit. The moment he started the first movement of The Lark Ascending, his body automatically swaged along to the rhythm. The piece itself was composed in a soothing way. Yet, with his playing, he produced something even more beautiful, releasing a tranquil sensation. Some of the audiences closed their eyes as they feel the majestic sound of the piano accompanied by the breath-taking melody from the orchestra.

 

Jung Hyuk felt the music flowing through his veins. As he sat with his eyes fixated on the pianist, he soon felt relaxed. He looked down on his pamphlet and saw the names of those who were performing. As his eyes scrolled through the list of names, he saw the name beside the word ‘Pianist’. He smiled to himself as he read softly to himself. “Shin Hyesung. What a talented pianist.”  

 

Hyesung’s P.O.V

I felt giddy and nauseous. All I could remember was that there was a sharp pain in my left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter