Hunting For Jobs

Money Can Buy Love, Right?

Soo Hana's POV

-In the street-

 

"Soo Hana, fighting!!" I gave myself a little cheer after printing out copies of my resume in the library.

 

Now, I'll just have to find jobs.

 

Walking around randomly in the street, I stepped into a nice-looking flower shop.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, do you need any more workers?" I bowed politely and asked the old granny who was busy watering the plants.

 

"No, sorry." She replied coldly.

 

"Nae, kamsahamnida." I bowed again before walking out of the shop.

 

It's alright Hana! There's still many chances!

 

After giving myself confidence, I started searching in the streets again.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, do you need helpers?"

 

"Sorry, we already have enough people."

 

"Oh, nae. Kamsahamnida."

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, do you need worke-"

 

"Sorry, we don't need any."

 

"Ah, nae. Kamsahamnida."

 

"Annyeongha-"

 

"There's no empty places for workers."

 

".......Nae."

 

After having the same fate in every shop I went in, my confidence slowly ebbed away.

 

Slumping down onto a bench, I sighed.

 

I knew finding a job was hard, but not this hard!

 

"Eottoke, Hana? Eottoke.......?" I asked myself as I watched the grey sky.

 

In my hands, there were still five copies of my resume.

 

I didn't even have a chance to give any of them out.

 

I sighed again and started walking.

 

Suddenly, a shop to my left caught my attention.

 

The outside was painted entirely light pink with big white dots. The roof was the shape of icing on cupcakes. Bright warm light filtered out of the windows of the shop.

 

"Fox's lair." I read out the name of the shop.

 

The name made me smile.

 

If only I could work in such a nice shop...........

 

With a trying attitude, I strode across the road with only the shop in my mind.

 

Suddenly, a loud blaring came from my left.

 

I turned around and saw a speeding car racing towards me.

 

I wanted to jump back but my feet was rooted to the spot.

 

Car wheels screeching was the last thing I heard before being swept away by an unknown force.

 

Pain that I expected didn't come. Instead, warmth filled my whole body.

 

Along with it was a slightly familiar smell.

 

I opened my eyes and gasped.

 

"Chun Ji Oppa!" I exclaimed.

 

"Woah Hana, everytime I see you, it's always in these scary situations." Chun Ji looked at me, raising his eyebrows.

 

Realising that I was still in his arms, I moved away shyly.

 

"How come you're here?" I asked.

 

"Little pabo, aren't you supposed to say 'Thank You' to me for saving your life?" Chun Ji Oppa knocked my head lightly with his knuckles.

 

"Ah, sorry, I forgot! Thank you Oppa, chongmal kamsahamnida!" I bowed but a hand stopped me.

 

"Don't be so formal." Chun Ji said and smiled, "I just bought some cake in that cake shop. What were you trying to do before nearly getting hit by a car?"

 

"Oh." I showed him my resume," I wanted to get a job in that cake shop."

 

"Really? That's cool! Did you hunt for other jobs too?" Chun Ji asked as we walked towards the cake shop.

 

"Nae, but they all didn't want me." I said grumpily.

 

"Aigoo, who wouldn't want our beautiful little Hana? They must be blind." Chun Ji laughed and ruffled my hair.

 

I smiled at him.

 

Chun Ji Oppa can always make me smile, unlike the other guy who only has money!

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Soo Hana imnida. Do you need any more helpers here?" I bowed at the boss-looking guy in the shop.

 

He was in his mid-fourties and he looked......harsh. He seemed out of place in this cute shop.

 

"Sorry but we have enough people already." He said dismissively.

 

My spirits crashed onto the ground instantly.

 

"Ajusshi, don't be mean! She nearly got hit by a car trying to come here!" Chun Ji said with a pout.

 

"Chun Ji-ah." The ajusshi seemed to soften.

 

"Come on Ajusshi, or else I won't come here to buy cakes or play chess with you again!" Chun Ji whined.

 

"Okay okay, she can stay." Ajusshi said reluctantly.

 

"Kamsahmanida! Chongmal kamsahamnida!" I bowed again and again.

 

"Don't thank me, thank that little devil beside you." Ajusshi laughed and walked into the storeroom.

 

I turned to look at Chun Ji, "Thank you so much Chun Ji Oppa!!!"

 

"It's alright. If he's mean to you, just tell me. I'll make him lose in our chess games till forever." Chun Ji smiled.

 

Out of sheer joy, I jumped up and kissed his cheek.

 

"Thank you Oppa, you're the best!" I shouted before dashing out of the shop, eager to tell Umma this good news.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chun Ji's POV

 

I touched my cheek with surprise.

 

She......kissed me?

 

"What are you thinking about, smiling so wide like an idiot?!" Kim Ajusshi walked out of the storeroom with a chessboard in his arms.

 

"Nothing." I laughed.

 

"Hmph, you made me lose last time! Get ready to lose this time Chun Ji!" Ajusshi placed the chessboard onto a table.

 

"Nae nae." I smiled and sat down.

 

As I started playing chess, my mind wondered back to Hana.

 

Her presence brings me happiness for no reason. I seem to always want to laugh beside her.

 

I really should think closely next time for the reason of that.

 

For now, I'll just be happy that I received a kiss from her.

 

Her lips were so soft........

 

"Yah, what are you thinking again?!" Ajusshi whacked my head when I made a silly move on the chessboard.

 

"Nothing, nothing at all." I laughed and concentrated on playing chess.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!

Kamsahamnida to -ChunSha- and xchessthebest for subscribing!! I hope you liked the story so far ;)

 

To Subscribers:

gikwangljoe: Lol, thank YOU for commenting! I guess L.Joe just had too many girls in line waiting for just a smile from him that he got too arrogant *tisk tisk* XD Love him nonetheless~~