She Rejected Me?

Money Can Buy Love, Right?

L.Joe's POV

-In the school cafeteria-

 

I scanned the noisy room once we entered.

 

Nicole and her group were busy talking in the centre of the room while the other groups of people scattered about in no particular order.

 

As usual, Ricky, Changjo and ChunJi ran off to get their lunch, competing against each other for food.

 

C.A.P. and Niel walked leisurely behind them with an air of confidence.

 

I continued to search the room until my eyes landed on prey.

 

Walking to the far end at the left corner, I smiled when that group stopped talking and stared at me.

 

To be accurate, all you could hear in the entire room were breathing.

 

"Hana, not only do you know ChunJi oppa well, you also know L.Joe oppa?!" A small girl asked the girl sitting beside her, who's staring at me with bulging eyes.

 

"I don't know him." Hana asked lightly, not even taking account that me, L.Joe, is standing right infront of her, smiling so bright that the room would be set on fire.

 

"Hana-ssi, can you go outside with me for a moment?" I asked politely.

 

I watched as my prey looked at me with surprise and ........ a little fear?

 

Clenching my mouth shut, I tried not to laugh.

 

Does she think that I'm going to go kidnap her once we're outside and her?

 

Hmm.....maybe that's actually a good idea.

 

I laughed in my mind at my little joke.

 

"Why?" Hana asked. Her voice was full of caution.

 

"Just wanted to ask you something." I shrugged.

 

"I don't want to go." She said with a final tone.

 

As if she had already made the decision, she picked up her chopsticks and started eating her sushi again.

 

Not once had any girl ever turned me down before.

 

I smiled again and tried to hide my temper, "Please just come out."

 

Without waiting for her response, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her after me.

 

"Yah, yah!" Hana shouted with a muffled voice as she stumbled behind me.

 

Once we were outside, I pushed her onto a wall with my hands on either side of her.

 

"What do you want?" She asked, her eyes penetrating mine.

 

I was surprised that she could still keep her cool with our close proximity.

 

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" I smirked when I saw her eyes pop out of their sockets.

 

Which in some way looked pretty........cute.

 

I wanted to hit myself. What the hell am I thinking?! She's NOT cute!

 

"Bwoh? Did you hit your head or something?" Hana exclaimed, her finger pointing at my head.

 

"No, I need a girlfriend. A fake girlfriend." I said each word slowly one by one and hoped that it could go through her thick skull.

 

I have to admit she does have the looks and that's why I chose her.

 

The old man wouldn't object me for having a pretty girl.

 

She could be my fake girlfriend for a while till that old man could say no to Hyun-ah's daughter.

 

Then I could just 'break up' with my fake girlfriend and everything would be back to normal.

 

No arranged marriages and no girlfriends. The perfect life I aim to achieve with this perfect plan.

 

However, it seemed that my perfect plan had a little hole in it.

 

"Are you crazy?! Why would I agree to be your fake girlfriend?" Hana said and crossed her arms.

 

I leaned back to give her space and took out my wallet.

 

"How much many do you want? I can give you any amount you like as long as you agree to be my fake girlfriend for 3 months." I said.

 

Three months would be plenty of time for that old man to believe that I really plan on marrying this fake girlfriend.

 

"You can't buy love with money." Hana said, her eyes full of distaste.

 

"Who said I'm buying love? Do I need your love?" I smirked with sarcasm, "I just need you to pretend to be my girlfriend for a while."

 

"But why? Why do you have to have a girlfriend?" Hana continued.

 

I sighed with frustration, "It's none of your business. Just say if you want to be my girlfriend or not."

 

"You really should stop thinking that money can buy everything, because it can't. And especially not a girlfriend. Not even a fake one." She said coldly and looked at me with......pity?!

 

"How dare-" I didn't even finish my sentence when Hana pushed past me and walked back into the cafeteria.

 

I stood there, a little shocked and a little angry.

 

How dare her say that to me?! She's just a little girl, she doesn't even know what this world is really like!

 

"Wow, that really is one cool girl. She even turned down our L.Joe dongsaeng." ChunJi walked out of nowhere and leaned onto the wall across from me.

 

"Shut up." I flicked him an annoyed glance and strode back into the cafeteria to buy my lunch.

 

Soo Hana?

 

Hmph, you'll regret turning down my offer.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!