Chapter 5 [Part 1]

Betrayal of the rising star

Once the cover on her head was removed, she wished it was out back on. The many gazes that stared at her from all corners made it seemed as though she was about to be experimented on. the uneasiness made her nausea, but the glances from the people made her disgusted. standing in the middle of the room, she observed her surroundings and finally realised that she will not go out of this place unharmed. Her father has brought her here before, no, at least he has described to her so well that it was so clear how the underground bunker would look. it was exactly as her father has described, full of the smell of blood and pitiful cries that echoed from each interrogation chamber for political convicts. in it's latest usage, this bunker was assigned to the independent investigation council, and she knew it could be where her whole family was housed before their death. it wasn't time for her to be emotional and grief for the ones who have fallen but fear for herself who might be next to fall. there's no way anyone will be able to save her in this place, and she wouldn't even hope her own husband to come to her rescue.

among those gazes, she found the 2 in the highest seats the most insulting. it irks her to face them but there was no choice. 

"I'm sorry to bring you in this way, Mirai-san" Lady Asuka was first to break the silence. "there's some things we heard that we were concerned about, some things that have tainted your name, but we believe it isn't true. but you know, my sister, if we don't verify, it is difficult to help you clear your name. especially how your rumours implicates you and my husband which really disturbs me..."

"huh?" Mirai looked up lost.

"well well well, it seems you are still unaware. of course, those maidens and guards wouldn't dare gossip in front of you ne. but as your sister who promised to guide you, I have to tell you... there has been a wave of malicious rumour that says you are guilty of infidelity to Ryosuke-sama. they said... you still habour feelings for another man."

"what are you talking about?" Mirai stood awkwardly as she was questioned. Lady Asuka signaled the head of the council, Asari to continue. his killer gaze sends chill down her spine, making her more uncomfortable by the minute.

"unfortunately my lady, there have been reliable tipped offs that you are unfaithful to the third prince and have been loving our first prince"

Mirai's eyes widened and she immediately shifted her gaze to the front where Kamiki sat with an obnoxious look.

"I didn't! you are maligning me!"
 
"you didn't forget did you, Mirai? the confession letter that you wrote but never dared to gave it away..." Kamiki finally opened his golden mouth. "I have the letter with me you know"

Mirai was shocked and confused at the same time... she never showed anyone the letter, not even Ai-kun, so how did Kamiki get the letter. 

"shall i hear the contents...Dear Miki-kun, I apologise for writing to you out of the blue, and it seemed that I could no longer hold in my exploding heart filled with days and nights of yearnings for your scent, your presence and your everything. I love you so deep that I could not sleep unless i looked at your photo..."

"Shut up!!! how, how did you get this! i didn't give it to you!"

"how dare you speak so rudely to the prince. i have to teach you manners. spank her!" Lady Asuka ordered and one guard came closer and forcefully slapped her so hard that her cheeks swell almost instantly. She lost her footing and was flung onto the ground. 

"Your girlfriends took it for me... how then do you think the whole world knows your foolishness. ah, you still think that Ai spread all of that about you? oh wait, I should say Ryosuke." Kamiki laughed without reservations. Mirai was appalled at how the sweet, gentlemanly Kamiki who treats her like a delicate pearl in his hands is now an obnoxious heartbreaker who knows no shame. moreover, his revelation has finally resolved the misunderstandings that she created. indeed, she has questioned the loyalty of her best friend, denied the bond between them, betrayed his hope that she would unconditionally trust him irregardless of what others speak. yes, she is more certain that she has killed that boy 10 years ago, and he's more likely to be back for revenge. her guilt towards everyone, including her parents, her clan and him only grew stronger so much so that she felt like even if she die a million times, it would be too light a punishment for all her stupid infatuation for Kamiki which has caused so much losses. 

"the letter is written 10 years ago, you can't use this against me!" Mirai retaliated.

"really... but just recently, you are still clinging to me isn't it. you are vengeful that I have chosen Asuka over you, isn't it?" Kamiki continued to ridicule her in front of the guards. "you wanted to use my younger brother to get back at me isn't it..." 

"no! no, I didn't use him!!!" 

Despite the strong reaction, Mirai cannot deny that she did think this way when she first sounded her agreement to the marriage. it was only now she understood why that attitude of hers have angered Ryosuke so much that he almost lost his cool that night. she has hurt him even then.

"it's because you still habour feelings for my husband, that's why up till now, you aren't able to serve your own husband adequately!"

"that's not true! I don't have any feelings for Kamiki anymore!" Mirai defended herself but everyone seemed to react with a mocking tone.

"is that so... you've got to proof yourself then. we received tipped offs that you are still... a . that's a grave offence, a lady who refuses to satisfy her honorable husband," Asari continued to refute Mirai's claim, but as far as she could defend, this point made her crumble in unimaginable fear. in Aoihoshi, infidelity can lead to a brutal death and it is proven simply by one's ability to serve her lord. Mirai knew very well, that the marriage was not build upon love and even if she has feelings for him, he wouldn't. she was even more certain that there was not even a moment of intimacy between them, she could never explain how his lips tasted or how tender his touches felt. she's almost like a foreigner to her own husband.

how is she gonna defend herself and lie about the marriage night where nothing happened. she's as pure as a sheet of paper and there's no way she could even claim otherwise.

Lie, was still the only option she has before instant death.

"the tip off is unfounded! I am married and I am legally and biologically belonging to my one and only husband. believe it or not, what I said are truth and only truth!" Mirai bravely exclaimed.

"I really want to believe you, but it'll be easier if we could all see it for ourselves then we can all be convinced and no further explanation is required," Lady Asuka smirked as she said sinisterly.

Chills shudder her interior, and she felt she was about to suffer a nervous breakdown. Mirai was perfectly clear what it meant but mere imagination was enough to make her weak.

"w-what you mean? w-what are you going to do?" Mirai's voice trembled uncontrollably as she feigned ignorance. She saw Asari receiving a subtle nod from Lady Asuka and the next moment, several guards approached and restrained my arms behind my back. 

"what are you doing?! let me go!!!" she panicked and tried to struggle for life but was slapped several times, making her temporarily confused and vulnerable. She could feel not just sharp, pricking sensations on her cheeks but also tasted blood in . A few physician-looking males walked forward and started looking at her with strange stares that confirmed her fears, and it only gets worst. Mirai was heartbroken when her first love gave the approval to cause the most insulting hurt to her, one that undermines a woman's dignity and prestige. 

"Don't touch me!" she cried and struggled with all her might to protect her one most important dignity. the physicians caressed all parts of her body and even pried open to check her oral cavity. however nothing could be more humiliating when the bunch of them reached out for her underskirt and in between her upper thighs. She could feel Several fingers maneuvering near her crotch area, pressing upon her soft spots making her feel aroused, letting out moans and groans that intrigued the onlookers. Warm tears welled up in her eyes as she saw the look of satisfaction on the faces of Lady Asuka and the men, but what made her really heartbroken was the same could be seen across Kamiki's face. there was not a least bit of remorse on his face, it was as though the two of them were worst than strangers. for all those sweet memories which she treasured, this was what she get in return.

"Aaaahhhhhhh!"she felt an excruciating pain beneath when at least 2 fingers penetrated her wet hole. the pain stretched across her interior as the physicians examined her in detailed to determine her ity, hence her lies. 

"nooooo... aaaahhhhh" she felt like dying, not only of shame but intense pain that soon spreads across her body. she held her increased moans and cries as they went deeper into the hole, up till a point she knew they found what they were looking for... she felt warm fluid wetting her , and trickled down her inner thighs. all of that was captured in everyone's mocking eyes as her dress was raised high enough for public view.

the questioning is no longer a concern, the embarrassment and inhumane humiliation have killed her. her face continues to drench in her tears. she lost hope in life as she lost even her own woman's dignity that all women held dearly. not only did she not lose her ity to a man she devotes, she lost it to physicians whose intention was only to ridicule her in front of an entire crowd. her knees weaken as they exited her with their fingers still soaked with her essence.

"and you said you were faithful to your husband... You didn't even give him the woman's gift. Asari, what has our ancestral law dictate for unfaithful wives of the royal family"

"public shaming"

She has no strength to retaliate anymore, she could only shed tears after tears. they wouldn't let her die. Still, Kamiki only maintains an wavering smile as the maidens began to undress her and the guards held up thick ropes to bond her on the crucified cross in the parade grounds.

"you have no rights to be the wife of my little brother~" Kamiki said as the maidens are onto the last button of our dress.

"Rights is for me to say, not yours!" a new entrant shocked everyone in the bunker, though Mirai remains dazed as if nothing bothers to her anymore. in her heart, she knew she mattered to no one to be rescued. even Ayame is more capable of being rescued by a knight in armour than herself. 

"R-Ryosuke-sama" Lady Asuka was first to tremble as she was first to receive the deadly stare of Ryosuke who entered with a calm pace.

He drew his sword and aimed it at the throat of Asari who was holding on to Mirai's bonded wrists.

"let go of her or I'll slit your throat," Ryosuke warned.

"I'm just doing my job, your highness."

"your job as a head investigation council?! or your job as an underhanded accomplice of Kamiki?!"

"here here, my Otoutou, there's no need to be angry. we are doing you a favour by disciplining your wife. she has made many mistakes that were unforgivable to you too isn't it? her naive, her immaturity, her senseless infatuation and her stupidity to sustain her so called love have hurt everyone including her own family."

"I said let her go." Ryosuke shrugged Kamiki's statement and continued instructing Asari, leaving him no choice but to let go. with a wave of his sword, Ryosuke cut off the thick ropes and released his wife from the uncomfortable distress. He took a glance at her face and felt his heart cringed as her tears ran silently like a water tap. 

"to forgive her or not, is my business not yours. I do not appreciate you taking my wife's discipline in your hand cause only I have the rights to do so. not even seeking my permission and subjecting her to this is despicable as it seemed, aniki," Ryosuke looked sternly at Kamiki with blood shot eyes. it caught Kamiki by surprise and he realised his little brother's stare was filled with ruthlessness, confidence and unshaken courage. there was not a tint of timidness in him. it made him second guess himself as to whether has he truly understood the brother who returned after 10 years. 

"she has given all her trust to me, not you, Ryosuke... she can't even trust her best friend, sending him to a life of jeopardy. such a girl, I can't believe you actually wanna put a stake in her," Kamiki said. this was the first time, albeit indirectly, Mirai faced Ryosuke since the truth about the misunderstandings have been discovered. Yet he reacted ironically with his gentleness. He walked in front of her, shrugged away all the mocking, and gently buttoned back her dress without touching her skin beneath. for once, he looked into her eyes, but she couldn't tell what he was thinking. it was a softer glance than his usual, sprinkled with slight intimidating anger.

"Gomenasai," was her best response at this time, but he rolled his eyes and turned his back against her. she felt disappointed although she never dared expect him to forgive her after god knows what he has been threw. misunderstandings after misunderstandings, his name was tarnished from classroom to school to the country. bearing the name of a betrayer of friendship and a ual harasser, banished from his homeland away from his kins were as torturous as it sounded. moreover, it seemed his family didnt want him back, he couldn't even visit his father's tomb. the thought about Ryosuke has distracted her temporarily from her own trauma. she never expect him to be the top of her mind, she most did not expect to share a brief intimate moment with him later which she found addictive.

Just when Ryosuke was ushering Mirai to the exit of the cell, Kamiki made the most cruel statement of the day.

"ah... wait, Mirai, don't say I didn't consider the love you have committed to me. I saved a momento left behind by your mum," Ryosuke braced himself for what Kamiki has in mind while keeping an intense look on Mirai whose face lighted up with anticipation.

A guard carried out what seemed like a small wooden box, similar to those jewelry box. but unlike a jewelry box, it this wooden box was enough to make Ryosuke panick. in a blink of an eye, the box will open and he has only that split second to think of a solution to shield her from the imminent 'danger' that will push her to her limits. He rushed nearer to her and pulled her into his embrace, his arms stretched across her back and tightened, leaving no space between them. He positioned himself such that all she could see was his body but not what was in the box. he felt his heart sink when he heard her loud cries; it was certain she has guessed it was part of her mother's remains, her fingers, which Ryosuke saw clearly from where he stood

"okasasaaaaannnnn!" Mirai wanted to see what entailed in the box, she tried struggling out of Ryosuke's firm grip but he forced her head towards his chest, blocking her entire view. "okasan~" her cries got muffled within his embrace and he could feel his shirt already damped with her tears. bringing his ears closer to her ears, he whispered, "don't let them see your weakness. not with me around." Mirai heard his words, though not entirely sure, she felt his last phrase meant that she could depend on him for now. She was touched by his words, even if those subtly sweet words only lasted a second.

"I thank you for the gift, and it's fortunate I prepared yours. you'll love it." Ryosuke let go of Mirai after verifying the box was taken away, then turned towards Kamiki and Asuka with something in his clenched fist. With Mirai watching in anticipation, he threw the stuff on his hand which flew directly towards Kamiki and Asuka.

The onlookers gasped and shudder in fear, not excluding Mirai. Kamiki and Asuka went hysteric went the object landed on them. the 2 fingers of the maiden were slashed so nicely, there was one defined cut which penetrated her flesh. Asuka was on the verge of fainting, fortunately her maidens  held onto her. Ryosuke grinned at his accomplishment and sent them a chilling smirk and a warning "I am not giving another chance for you to mess with her." 

"lets go" he told Mirai, then walked out of the exit with Mirai trailing behind. the tightness at her bottom made it difficult to walk, she could still feel blood trailing from the wound inflicted by the physicians, but she took it all in as she was too embarrassed to tell him. she watched her husband from his back as she withstand the pain that comes at every step, until...

"ahhhh," unable to move properly, she tripped over a groove and fell flat on her face. the humiliation, embarrassment has accumulated to a point she could no longer hold back. she remained in the unglam position with the stains on her inner thighs become evident. Ryosuke saw it the moment he turned to her. Rushed to her side, he asked, "why didnt you stop me when you are hurting?!" he tried holding her up, but when he saw her legs trembling while rubbing against each other and breaking out in cold sweat, he knew the pain was unbearable. 

Without a word, he swept her up from the ground and carried her in princess style. it was at this instance, he realised she's really malnourished and her limbs was burning hot. Running a fever wasn't the only reason for Mirai's temperature. Unknown to Ryosuke, this compassionate act of carrying an injured girl like her, has made her heart race like never before. there was only that few physical encounters with him, and this was the one which made her affirm that her husband, her once-unattractive friend, is so hot, so strong that she has fallen for him. this premature love came even harder than whatever she has felt for Kamiki, and she was even beginning to think that this love for Ryosuke has been growing in her without her knowing. She looked with unwavering eyes from his well-defined jawline upwards, to his nose and his beautiful lashes, and felt even his breathing sound and his minty fresh breathe was so alluring. she would have hoped she could have a time to herself to calm down, but every single action he takes at this point only made her heart melt over and over again.

although throughout the journey back to our building, he didnt speak nor look at her, his grip of her communicated his utmost concern for her. he was careful not to hurt her. They saw Yuto and Daiki in a distance, pacing up and down the corridor, fretting with deep knots.

As soon as the two saw Ryosuke, they rushed forward with concern eyes for the lady in his arms.

"goodness, is she okay? where is she hurt? I should get the palace physicians!" Yuto and Daiki said almost instantaneously. Mirai thought Ryosuke would intuitively answer their question and get her medical attention, but instead Mirai was heartened to know he did none of those. 

"She is hurt but don't need to alert anyone, i most certainly do not want you to get the physicians. I'll take care of her today, so Daiki, you don't have to guard her chamber today, cause i'll leave her in my chamber. i need you to tend to the other one. make sure there's no interference during her recuperation. tell her i'll see her later tonight... and as for you Yuto, please tighten the security around this building with our own men. do not let anyone enter this building or take anyone out without my permission. I'll need to speak to you and Daiki once I've settled down. there could be a change of plans." 

"I will..."Yuto answered, and Mirai could see his face sunkend, making her curious what the plan entails. "do you need me to fetch any medicine or antiseptic or anything to tend to whatever Lady Mirai is hurt with?" she could again see Yuto trying hard to identify where was the source of pain, but Ryosuke was tactful in curbing his curiosity.

"what I have with me should be sufficient, so don't worry about it."

"I'll guard the door..." Yuto said and Ryosuke nodded. As he carried her through the door, he said to the young maidens serving him "all of you are dismissed for today. I want to spend some time with my wife" 

It was like he has considered every detail, even the humiliating events she wouldn't want to spread beyond the walls of the bunker, especially not wanting the physicians here who hurt her touch her again. this was a emotional scar which is to stay for good and she was shocked that for someone who have only been hostile and was even hating on her, could so considerately sprinkle painkillers on her wound, tending to her every feeling and give her the unconditional support and love she needs. it was definitely a long time since she has separated from her family that she felt someone actually cared of her existence, excluding Daiki and Ayame. 

He lowered her into his bed, and immediately she could already smell his citrusy scent embedded in his bed.

"I'll prepare your bathe. get yourself clean before putting on any medicine," he instructed with a less loving tone as before. 

she stood by the door and watched him feel the water, and he saw his all too familiar habit of his young days. he pressed his fingers on his earlope whenever the water gets a little hot and his lips will intuitively pout. She found herself smiling intuitively, but when he turned to look at her, she quickly revoked the smile on her face and replaced it with a blush.

"here. I added some medicinal herbs for antiseptic purpose. it may get a little stinging pain so just bear with it," he said then walked past her. the feeling when he past her without a second glance was disappointing to her. and as she shut the bathroom door, she felt her heart sink. she began to crave for his presence.

She lowered her tainted body into the tub and immediately a sharp pain sends rapid chills throughout her body. she uncontrollably let out a continuous scream and grabbed the sides of the tub intensely. she was never good at tolerating pain, he knew it too. stationing outside the bathroom door, he dashed in when he heard her excruciating cry. 

"R-Ryosuke~ it h-hurts... so much," her face cringed as she spoke. she heard him sigh then shook his head subtly in disapproval. in response, she could only cry in apology "Gomenasai..."

"come out..." he grabbed her arm and intended to help her stand up from the tub, but she resisted instead. 

"yes, I'm not Kamiki, but I'm your husband. that gives me the rights over your body right," he responded with less tolerance. deep down, she wasn't resisting because he wasn't Kamiki, instead it was exactly because he was Ryosuke, she felt extremely nervous having to show this side of her. it wasn't because she doesn't want him, it was in fact the opposite, she would only allow him to tend to her. but her heart felt as though it was about to blow apart in burning affection with every moments they share, what's more she doesn't know how he would react if he saw her exposed skin, neither does she know what he wants to do. 

However his stern gaze indicated her need to accede. she shyly stood from the tub with her hands covering her private areas. he didnt appear to look the least bit interested. it was almost within a blink of an eye that he wrapped her with a towel like a tube dress. when he tugged secured the towel around her protruding skin, she felt ticklish but could restrain from fiddling because she was captivated by how focus and gentle he was when he did the delicate task. he knew it was a soft spot and was careful not to hurt her. 

he run his fingers through her long hair which was barely soaked in the tub water. 

"hold on..." he instructed, as he dashed out the toilet only to return with a chair and a cushion.

"sit down, we need to wash your hair," he instructed and was preoccupied with preparing the fragrances. when he returned to focus on her, he was concerned with how she didnt move an inch and her eyes was just staring dazed at him.

"does it hurt if you sit down?" he asked in a softer and less assertive tone, but when he shook her head, he go more irritated.

"then what are you waiting for? do I need to give you a royal invite? I don't know how Kamiki treats you, but I don't do princess service," he said. She wanted to deny but it didn't seem like he was willing to listen.

why couldn't he understand? she thought. Kamiki may have been sweet to her, but the kind of sweetness felt different from the one that Ryosuke give. she heavily preferred the latter. nonetheless, she sat down, knowing that he is getting more irritable about her, and was afraid he would withdraw his caring side.

He let the water down her silky hair with his fingers run through it.he smoothen out the tangles and gave her comforting massages that relived her tension. once again, she was falling for his tender-loving touches. most importantly, no one has helped her wash her hairs, and he did it so comfortably she began to let her guard lose.

"Life is so amazing right... I remembered when we were younger, we said we want to wash our lovers hair, and we will train hard to give the other party the best hair massage. and you said being able to wash your lover's hair is the most fortunate thing one can hope for" Mirai blurted out a section from their collective memory. 

while applying to soap on her hair carefully, covering every portion of her scalp and hair, he answered coldly "there's nothing worth reminiscing, this is far from what I meant when I said that. there's no love between us, so what is there to be joyous about"

Mirai felt as though an arrow was shot right through her heart. It was suffocatingly painful when he said that without any hold back. She clutched the tip of her towel to distract herself from the pain, as well as muster her guts to say "R-Ryosuke... actually I... I think I..."

"you know what, I'm really not interested in the past. you can reminisce it yourself but I really do not think it's worth my time anymore. Since you know now, I'm gonna make it clear that Ai is dead as you wished."

"Ryosuke... Gomenasai..." Mirai finally let go of her tears like a watershed. Ryosuke who was in the midst of drying her hair, suddenly rage in fire. his delicate touches instantly disintegrate and it was only rage she saw.

"an apology cannot unwrite everything I've gone through because I stupidly held on the hopes that my only friend would stay by my side, would believe me even if the whole world doesn't, to the promise by my friend. Ai was silly enough to think that there's such thing as true friendship which could circumvent any obstacles but humans are in fact that selfish and superficial. I'm not Ai so that don't expect me to give you the same as Ai would. he's just the stupidest and pathetic being in this world."

"g-Gomenasai... I really was too hurt then to think carefully. please forgive me.... please.doesn't the good memories we shared meant anything to you? have you forgotten all of that?" Mirai grabbed his sleeves desperately.

"i told you i did not spread to others about your feelings for Kamiki and i most certainly did not mock you. yet you said those words to me, those words that tore my heart apart and brutally trampled on my feelings for you. if you cant remember what you said, then let me remind you... you said I was despicable enough to ridicule you in front of Kamiki just so i can stay with you! you said people like me were afraid of being left alone so i resorted to these methods to hurt you. and when you mentioned people like me, you are agreeing with what others said that have hurt me, you came around and remind me how ugly, how disgusting, how fat i was that i just didnt fit in! the only reason i could tolerate those bullying then was because you were always with me. you made me feel that i fit in, but then you said all these which was like telling me i didn't fit in and all we shared were fallacies cause you have always saw me the way they did! all those friendship we shared then was nothing to you if it can be shattered so easily. friendship cannot thrive on distrust.the good memories have become something i irked. the thought that i was friend with a hypocrite disgust me to the core. if you really want me to remember all that, then expect me to be real nasty. i'll make you pay for what you caused to me." He shoved her hands away and stomped towards the outside.

"Ryosuke!~ please don't go. " Mirai tripped over the edge of the chair and fell on the ground. he turned and hardened his heart at the scene, not extending his hand to pull her up.

"go to bed after you have dressed. Yuto will guard my chamber so no one will send you to jeopardy for now. rest well"

Mirai cried so hard that he could hear it outside the main door from his chamber. he leaned against the main door with his head tilted upwards to stop his tears, he pounded on his heart to kill the intense pain that made him gasp for breathe. He knew perfectly the reason for his own emotions.

He naturally walked down the stairs to a different level and to a room where Daiki guarded. there was no doubt why he chose to be here cause this was the only place he felt he could breathe. he was glad he never forsaken her when she was injured, he was thankful for her existence cause she was by far the only person he could relate to.

"Ryosuke-sama...~" Daiki was surprised to see him here so early into the night, though he has already alerted his visit. from Ryosuke's heavy and tired expression, Daiki knew things did not go well at his chamber.

"how is she?" Ryosuke asked.

"the physicians have cleaned her wounds and applied the medicine. She didnt have the appetite though"

"alright. I'll see to it." Ryosuke entered the maiden's chamber and was not surprised to see her sobbing silently, sat at a corner of the bed, with her legs tugged close to her chest. what he was worried was when he saw her hugging his coat tightly. that expression on her face was definitely what he feared ~ affection. it wasn't her fault, he knew perfectly that he himself was to be blamed.

"Ryosuke-sama..." the moment she saw him, she jerked out of bed, only to let out a gasp when the pain hits her

"no need to greet. I excused you for this time" he helped her back to bed. he was saddened by the scars that stained her once flawless, chubby skin. he sat by her side and dazed at the new man-made flaws until she called him back to his senses "It's okay, Ryosuke-sama... I'm really okay"

"i know you would be. you are a really brave girl with admirable resilience. the instance I saw you. I was sure of it"

"all maidens are like this, Ryosuke-sama. we serve our lady with no expects of returns or even human rights. to put it crudely, our bodies belong not to us, but to everyone, so embarrassment from the exposure of my flesh will not impact me. our lowly position in the caste system, my appearance, give me no rights to even love anyone or be loved."

"caste system~ what are they... just tools to classify people inaccurately. what such systems do is judge people superficially. to me, you are much beautiful than your lady. and your kind and innocent heart make you a girl worth cherishing."

"Ryosuke-sama" she blushed as she said, but being enslaved and indebted to the Shida manor, she shrugged off every bit of infatuation to speak for Mirai.

"My lady, she knows her mistake already. please forgive her..." never did she expect to receive a strong reaction from Ryosuke. 

"Stop asking me to forgive her! all of you are not me, none of you can understand what I've gone through!" Ryosuke pressed his hands against his forehead as he felt a throbbing pain when past memories rushed through his mind like a movie.

"please tell me what happened, Ryosuke-sama..." she asked with her heart breaking to see him in agony. he looked at her for a while, then clenched his fist and said "I had been the unwanted child, just like how I've been leading my life since birth. I have been jealous of Yuto and Daiki cause I would rather be abandoned, at least then I don't have to be the thorn in everyone's heart... My mother, the Empress, she has never wanted me."

"you must be mistaken, no mother would hate her own son... even though Yuto, Daiki and I are abandoned, I'm sure our parents had reason for it"

"there's no mistake about it. Her heart resided only in the man she loved her entire life. and that person was never my father, the late King Akiyoshi. She secretly did all the necessary precautions to abstain from being impregnated with his child, but let her lover possess her fully. No one ever suspected that her children weren't the King's cause she planned it so nicely."

Ayame is beginning to understand the full picture as pieces of the puzzle were removed. the more light he shed on the palace's dark secret, the more her heart breaks for him.

"then one day, the King caught them making out, but didn't let them know. he was furious as she made him a cuckoo, and decided to underhandedly take possession of her. Spiking her drinks and temporarily paralyzing her, he penetrated her in hopes of getting her pregnant with his own child. I was born, and my birth was build only on hatred, politics and revenge. Since birth, i never received what my two brothers had, my identity was concealed in school while my brothers got to flaunt their royal status. They were always granted special treatment by teachers and friends, but i don't as my presence was largely ignored. The only one you would think who would stand on my side, the King, was never prepared to raise me. my purpose in this world was only his way to vent his anger on her and spoil her plans. When she found out he was going to push me to be the crown prince, she plotted with her lover, the then General Yamaa, to overthrow him. The King found out and sentenced him to death"

"why didnt he publicly arrest her for infidelity and stripped the two princes off their title?". 

"cause that would mean he won't get her as well. he really loves her... but unfortunately her devastation and grief over her lover's death, made her more sure of her way forward. She heartlessly plotted to get me exiled. i never imagined my own mother would send me to eternal damnation, and humiliate me in public just so as to chase me away... she doped my drink, then locked me up with a princess who she has bribed to frame me for ual harassment. over night i became the palace's laughing stock." his voice cracked as he continued, "just before that happened, i was expelled from the school for reasons as ridiculous as my presence irked them. i thought i could survive all of these cause i have my only friend who promised to go through thick and thins with me, but i never thought she would cause me the greatest hurt and pushed me away so mercilessly. she is the only friend I had, and it turned out, I was just as unwanted and a nuisance to her! do you know how it is to be in exile in a foreign land with no one you know?!!!" Stream of warm tears rolled down his face, the shedding of his manly teardrops. Ayame brought herself closer; her hands cupped his face, then imprinted her lips against his. A soft kiss which Ryosuke was so stunned, it took him at least half a minute to register what has happened. His tears effectively stopped running. he pushed her back gently than looked at her with sincere eyes. 

"g-Gomenasai..." Ayame blushed and turned away, only to be turned back by Ryosuke again.

"if you retain your pure heart, I'm sure you'll find someone who will love you. dont love me, Ayame, you're someone i cherish, I don't want you to get hurt. those with me will always be unfortunate."

"Ryosuke-sama~" she grabbed his hands when he was about to leave the maiden's chamber.

"I'm sorry I dirtied your lips. please forgive me"

"thank you Ayame"

Ryosuke exited the room with an even heavier heart. He saw Daiki looking at him with full of questions and knew there's no way he could escape. he nodded slightly then walked with him to the roof of the tower.

****
Things were heated up in Ryosuke's chamber as Yuto recounted Ryosuke's hard life to the ignorant mirai just as the master did to Ayame. Yuto was bounded to his promise to keep all it secret but hearing the pitiful cries of Mirai, he couldn't help but wanted to give her a piece of his mind, cause he felt that she do not deserve to cry for he has gone through hell because of her.

"if you have trusted him, at least he could still hold on to his faith, but you just had to be like the others who ostracized him.! "

"how...how was his life like during that 10years?" she cried in disbelief when she heard of the palace conspiracy to drive him out of his position. it was like he was fighting all alone, abandoned by not only his own family, but denied as a human entirely.

"How do you think it was like?!!! people like you who treat friendship like nothing, live in comfort and glamour will never understand. he was exiled with nothing to sustain his life. he was poor and lost. A 13 year old boy, who is not athletic, with not even the basic skills of self-defense, had to start off as a hard laborer, working day and night in the scorching sun just to earn a miser pay. the nature of work is inhumane for a boy his age, not even a shinobi works that way. he was so exhausted that he didnt even realised it! he works even under high fever, and when I met him on the street outside Aoihoshi for the first time, he was nothing like the Ai you knew. this boy I met was skinny to his bones with tattered clothes and bruises of violent abuse all over his arms and legs. and you know what, a pure hearted boy, after going through such absurd betrayal and disappointment by the many facts of life, he became so independent, strong-willed, and has learnt to not to trust anyone, not to show compassion and never to reveal his weak side. no matter how stressed he is, how lonely he is, he never ever tell us! I went with him, searched high and low, determined to look for his exiled uncle, Yamaguchi-san. he begged him in the heavy rain, even if he was shivering in his drenched tattered shirt, to let him stay and train him to be like he is, a merciless killing machine. a nice boy like him was forced to the edge, to shed all his liveliness and lovely nature to seek revenge from those who took away everything he has! i always felt heartbroken to see him train so hard in the day, bleeding from his training wounds, then insomnia during the night as the mocking voices haunt him, he was like a bionic man. when he returned to Aoihoshi, only then did people appreciate him just because he is now powerful, attractive and protective. that's how disgusting this world is to him !" Yuto paused a moment and decided to unreservedly tell her the truth that Ryosuke has never said, "when you told him you liked Kamiki, you already killed him once..."

"huh?" Mirai stared into Yuto's eyes with confusion.

"how does it feel to hear from the person he loved, loving someone else?!"

"h-he likes me? but he never told me..." Mirai was stunned to hear Yuto's revelation.

"how is he supposed to tell you, when you told him you like someone else. he's such devoted friend, he will give you his blessings regardless of his own feelings. beside, everyone despised him, including you, so he would think he'll disgrace you, that's why he never told you!!!"

"what can I do to make it up to him, Yuto? I want him back... I want to heal him~"

"there's nothing you could do to bring him back! he had it worst than you, you had a family who protected you with their lives and even till death, they were still shielding you, but he was left all alone to fend for himself with everyone hoping he would be gone, even now!"

"Yuto..."Mirai kneeled onto ground with her weakened knees. 

"if you dare hurt him, I'll make you sorry!" Yuto heartlessly slammed the door behind him, enclosing the weeping girl within.

Mirai cried harder for the next hour until her tears went dry, her tear duct swollen. her body felt as though it was breaking apart, with her temperature fluctuating, her limbs shivering terribly. her face pales to a point when her lips are white like paper.  her hands clutched hold of the friendship band and held it to her heart "Gomenasai Ryosuke..." 

****
Ryosuke and Daiki sat beside each other at the edge of the tower, looking down at the seemingly harmless palace grounds.

"I apologise for only assessing the whole situation now," Daiki said with remorse after overhearing his conversation with Ayame. "there's no need to apologise. knowing it will only get you into trouble. Shida Manor is already wiped out, with Mirai being the only one who survives due to her oblivion. Frankly, she should thank her senseless trust for Kamiki which saved her from knowing all these harmful facts"

"Ryosuke-sama, it's your way of protecting her, isn't it?" Daiki asked without holding back. he was sure as an onlooker, and his gut feel wouldn't be wrong. Ryosuke didn't answer, but let out a sigh.

"I'm sure Yuto saw through it too. it's only Mirai who would be too dense to see through you" Daiki continued.

"it doesn't matter if she knows it or not. the day she pushed me away, I have already told myself not to dedicate my affection to anyone. I swear my life to achieve my ultimate goal of seeking revenge."

"would you be able to restrain your emotions?"

"sometimes it is difficult, especially with the remorse everytime I see her cry because of my harsh treatment towards her."

"it's for her good that she becomes stronger... that's your intentions now, aren't I right?"

"don't make me sound so noble, Daiki, I am clearly not. my blood has long been poisoned with vengeance and hatred, so such positive words do not resonate well with me."

"but you are not evil, Ryosuke-sama. we know it. I'm sure one day, you'll recover from all those wounds that are inflicted on you over the years..."

"I have gone too deep in to return to how it was before. just like how I cannot entirely forget the way Mirai treated me then, and treat as if nothing has happened between us. what she did will stay with me forever, how she stereotyped people, how she practice discrimination, how hypocritical she was."

"but you cannot forget your love for her too, isn't it. you have wavered when you saw her loneliness and cries. cause somewhere in your heart, you're still the lovely, selfless prince of Aoihoshi"

"Daiki, I have no turning back. whatever we feel for each other, it's too late to do anything about it. our love will not bloom."

"why? i feel that there is something I'm missing out..."

"you only need to promise me something...and for this, you have to work with Yuto. he has promised me, and I am sure there is no issue for you."

"the secret army which I believed you know already, the one that General Shida secretly build up...I want you to assist Mirai to command them"

"you are handing the commanding power to Mirai?"

"she's a Shida, and there's no one better to command the Shida army then a true born Shida. it's the best safeguard for her too. no one will bully her"

"actually, you can assist her too...she'll need your help too. even if you hate her, as long as you symbolically stay by her side, you'll be able to help her out,"

Ryosuke brows tightened and shook his head with a reply of a softer and heavier tone "I won't have the chance."

Daiki felt uneasy about the line but before he could question, he heard Yuto coming from behind.

Frantically, he said while trying to catch his breathe "Ryosuke-sama, you better come and check on Mirai. she doesn't seem right"

Ryosuke immediately leap on his feet and dashed off urgently with a  frightened heart. nothing could scare him these days, except her. the number of heartaches has uncontrollably increased since the day she reentered his space... or rather his heart.

Bursting through the door, he saw her knelt on the cold ground with her shakened body, shivering with cold sweat masked with her uncontrollable tears. on top of that, her face was white as paper and her breathing was irregular, short and rapid. 

"Mirai..." he rushed to her side, trying to hold her up, but when she looked up to him with his swollen eyes, she cried harder with a cracking voice "i should die, i should die in place of the whole manor. I'm a sinner, I killed the kind-hearted Ai, I killed you~!! what can I do to heal the injury I inflicted on you, Ryosuke? I don't want you to hate me..., I want you to love me again, cause I do now.... I know I'm late, but please... p-please..."

"M-Mirai...shhh... calm down" Ryosuke cupped her sunken shoulders and tried to ease her agitation. Yuto was right, her condition didn't seem right. when he touched her limbs, he was shocked at how she was as hot as the sun, much more than when he left her in the room previously, yet she was shivering as though she's as cold as Antarctica.

She threw her arms around Ryosuke and hugged him tightly. he didn't have the heart to push him away, especially with the things she said, "p-please... do whatever you wanna do to me, but please forgive me... I know it's hard to forget those stuff I did to you, I know I should have been there to walk with you through those dark times, I should have believed in everything you said, please, give me a chance to make it up to you.., R-Ryosuke..." her voice break off, her cries stopped and her eyes rolled.

"Mirai!!!" her arms loosened from his back, and her collapsed body was caught in his arms. He carried her immediately on the bed, and tugged her nicely under the blanket. Rushed off to retrieve a towel and a basin of cold water, he dapped the wet towel on her forehead, her neck and her underarms to bring down her temperature. he knew when he did so, she was unconsciously suffering the frostbite. her knitted brows tightened and she lets out a soft moan everytime the cold towel presses upon her skin. She worries him, and leaves him no choice but to get the physician to see her.

"I'll get a doctor for you. I'll be back soon.." Ryosuke was just about to leave her side, a small hand held his, and he turned to see the distressed Mirai who could barely keep her eyes open, but the words she murmured was clear and it penetrated into his icy cold heart. "s-stay... don't go, Ryosuke...stay with me"

Ryosuke was sure it wasn't Kamiki she called, it was him. out of guilt and remorse or not, he only knew that he cannot push her away for this time...

"Yuto!" he summoned immediately. his shinobi crept in and awaited his orders.

"get the maidens to cook up a bowl of porridge and change this basin of water. I need you to bring me the leftover medicine I have."

"yes, I'll do it right now" Yuto dashed off. Ryosuke continued to run the towel across her pulse points, earnestly making sure he doesn't miss out any hotspots and doesn't hurt her. Once in a few seconds, he will see drops of tears rolling down the edge of her shut eyes, and her soft moans would be accompanied by calls "okasan... itai..."

"your body is aching isn't it... once the fever subsides, it'll be okay. I have some medicine with me, it should help recover. just wait a while, okay" Ryosuke sat by her bedside and swept his fingers across her drenched fringe, revealling her frail face. in such close proximity, he noticed her suffering during these times to fight the guilt towards her family, her impending loneliness and his cold treatment towards her, had made her lose her shine and energy. even her face looks twice skinner, with her bones evidently protruding. as he caressed her face lightly, he heard his heart saying how much he missed her smiles. 

This time, Yuto entered with everything he needs. After he retreated from the room, the two of heart torn lovers were left alone in the space again. Ryosuke gently helped her sit up, but she was so weak she needed his support to remain upright. With one hand across her shoulder, he took a spoon of the porridge in the other then brought it to her sealed lips. She shook her head lightly, indicating her no appetite. "You have to eat some. You haven't ate anything since morning. You can't consume the medicine on an empty stomach." Her lips loosened and Ryosuke pushed the spoon of porridge into and was glad that the contents were moving down . Almost instantly after it went into her gullet, she vomited it out. Fortunately, there was an empty basin beside. Ryosuke was disheartened as she vomited the mouthful of porridge that he tried so hard for her to swallow it. However, he was determined for her to finish at least a few mouthfuls. "Just eat a few more spoons okay" Ryosuke said as he brought her closer. He let her lean on his body, with his arm securing her by her waist, her head nested nicely on his broad shoulders. Her soft moans rang beside his ears and he felt sorry he had to resort to more extreme methods to feed her. "gomene, just bear with it a while." He stuffed another mouthful of porridge into her cavern and tilted her head upwards to get it down her gullet.

"R-Ryosuke" she cried in discomfort as her urge to vomit it all out grew. "just a few more. Hold it in" he gorged it down , mouth after mouth, even with the need to pry open forcefully to feed her. Her tears rolled nonstop as he did what he had to do. When he knew she can't take the harsh feeding anymore, he enveloped her in his arms, embracing her wholeheartedly, then his hands ran on her back, up and down, to ease her digestion and discomfort. "I don't want...please" she cried.

"it's done... you did well" It was almost like a parent patting his child, but to him, it meant more, it meant a forelorn love receiving a break from its long suppressed restrain, giving both the painful hearts a temporary painkillers to distract from the guilt, remorse and hatred which kept them apart. His tears blended with hers as he watched her suffering in silence. He held back his tears, gently parted from her and spoke with his cracking voice, "Mirai, just try to swallow the medicine okay... I know it hurts, but you've got to try..." She didn't respond, but her eyes were tight shut with her brows knitted together. He hardened his heart and pried open , then pushed the tablet in. He was worried when he didn't see move. "Mirai, swallow it" he spoke urgently, but she shook her head subtly. His frustration grew and his tolerance for her inability to care for herself has tipped his limits. "how am I going to trust that you take care of yourself..." he murmured under his breathe. 

He leaned her against the wall, then looked at her while he slipped into deep thoughts. He took a mouthful of water into his mouth then brace his lips against her. He pulled her tightly into his embrace and ensured  there was a continuous and unbreakable linkage between the 2 of them. It was in this instance he connected with her, physically and emotionally, it was like they could understand each other for the times that they were separated. It was suffocating to have the memories exchanged, but the intimate touch of the skins and the negligible gaps between them consoled them from the intense sorrows. His lips took control of hers, and the instance his tongue breaks her wet cavern, the water trapped in his mouth gushed through . He mauvered his tongue within and when he felt the immobile tablet he used his tongue to push it further down, with caution not to add to her discomfort. He could hear the contents rushing down , and as much as the process was completed, the inertia made him stay in the position. 

There was an initial meeting of lips followed by a passionate warmer melting under this congress. At once their mouths were moving in concord, as though they couldn't get enough of each other, as though to devour each other with their lips, mouths, and tongues would be the only way to express what they felt. His fingers tangled into her silky soft hair which he delicately washed with the lavender fragrance earlier, and become immersed in her body scent which was agreeable to his preference. It stopped being a kiss after a while, and for Ryosuke and Mirai flowered into something new and complete, different from what either had known was inside themselves or the other, yet in some way like it, and to be desired above all else, like comforting consolation from the troubles they faced, and life, justice, ecstasy and salvation. He felt her tears rolled onto his face and his onto hers. Like all passionate moments, it had to stop at one point. He lightly led her apart then caressed her cheeks which had lost its radiance 10 years ago. He wiped away the tears which stained her once pretty face, then left one last peck on her cheeks. "...my hatred for you will stay within me..You deserved the tears and the loneliness, the same you subjected to me...I want to kill you with my hands, make you pay for your broken promises. But why does it hurt to see you this way. why do I worry for you, even if I told myself not to. what am I going to do with you when the last leaf of autumn falls? If that is going to be my final punishment to you, will you triumph it yourself or will you falter in my shadows". He lay her in his arms with his hands finding a comfortable spot on her back. With her head nested on his shoulders, he pressed his lips against the back of her scented hair and tightened his embrace. The heat circulating within her feverish body gradually transfers to her man.

The night past in a less lonely note, as they shared for the first time, the kiss of their lifetime, the embrace that last an entire night. he tugged her against his chest and wrapped his arms around her small body the whole time. with only her night gown that comes between them, she seeked refuge in his exposed skin at his torso, radiating a comforting warmth which helps her fight her solitude. the mere collision of their skins took her burning temperature away, bit by bit, and the tightening of her arms behind his with her face nested against his seductive chest, took her worries and sorrows away and filled it with  love and passion. their lonely icy hearts slowly started to defrost and their hearts started beating in accurate synchronicity. despite the differences, the overflowing hatred, he let his subconscious desires take over, no doubt it's only for a night, he wanted to rest in her arms, and let her rest in his. it's almost like satisfying his 10 years of yearnings for her scent, breathe and delicate intimacy. the burning passion ignited between them made them felt ever alive, ever innocent in the surrounding of brewing evil and adversities. she felt protected, although by morning, everything was back to normal, with the normality hurting more than ever since the yearning for each other has been unleashed. suppression seems more difficult as the feelings for each other become more real and close. the twin bed become a single when the sun shone through the window, just like how the two has become separated again.

Mirai reached for her sides, but no matter how she reached around her, there was no one beside her. it was only his lingering scent that still intrigued her senses. when her eyes fluttered open, her vision confirmed her fears. he wasn't there already. the emptiness that made her heart fall from a height, suffocated her and caused a panic. "R-Ryosuke?" she called out, but there was no answer. Her hopes went down and then up like a roller coaster when there was a click on the door. 

"Ryosuke?!" she called out excitedly, but the one who entered was a lady.

"Ayame? where's Ryosuke?" she urgently asked without paying attention.

"Gomenasai Mirai-sama, your highness is in a meeting. Ayame is busy with another task, so I'm here to tend to you," the maiden answered politely.

"did Ryosuke leave any word for me?" Mirai still remain hopeful that things between them has changed for the better, but it only led to disappointment.

"no, my lady"

Mirai slumped back onto the bed, as she tried remembering his soft touches and passionate embrace, but her memories remained blur and uncertain. while she's sure there's more than dependence and reliance she felt for him, she wasn't sure of his feelings. She took the friendship band again and pressed it against her lips, shutting her eyes, she vaguely recalled the instance their lips met, the suppleness, the sweetness that transcended was unforgettable and especially addictive.

*****
"how is Mirai-sama?" Daiki asked during the meeting with Yuto and Ryosuke.

"her fever has gone down, so not to worry"

"but you look tired, Ryosuke-sama. you didn't sleep yesterday? maybe we can postponed the meeting..." Yuto asked with utmost concern. Daiki noticed the eye bags below Ryosuke's eyes and ascertain With Yuto's words

"I'm alright. I wanna hear both your reports for a start"

"hai... but, do we need to call Yamaguchi-san here?" Daiki asked.

"come to think of if, I haven't seen Yamaguchi-san these days. I do see his men pacing here and there though." Yuto announced.

"you saw them when you're guarding my chamber?"

"yes sir."

"nevermind that. he is busy with his own plans too. let me hear your report first" Ryosuke positioned them back to the crucial topic at hand.

"Kamiki and the Empress are becoming anxious. they have been increasing bribery in the city to garner wealthy supporters, then  subjecting the lower caste system to poverty and atrocities such that they will support them to alleviate from their suffering," Yuto reported. "in view of that, our vigilante forces have been stepped up to safeguard the helpless women and young from the tyrants. some able men have also volunteered to join us. our vigilante forces have doubled."

"good. and the plan that I asked you to execute, how is it going?" Ryosuke asked Daiki.

"all went as you planned. the tolerance of the people with Kamiki has lowered substantially, and with rumours we deliberately spread about the conspiracy that killed the late King and the Shida Manor, there has been increasing uprisings among pockets of people. that added to Kamiki and the Empress' further anxiety that they reacted with increased surveillance in the city. people are now waiting for their saviour to free them from the tyrant rulers."

"good. Yuto, I think our plan has to move earlier as planned..."

"huh~ why?!" Yuto sounded uptight, and Daiki saw his face pales as if fearing something. 

"they have moved faster than I thought. there's 2 weeks before the end of autumn and the next congress meeting where I'll reopened the trial of my father's case. I'll reveal everything and if all goes well, we will rid the bad blood of the past and current generation and give the royalty a proper cleansing...Like I've told you two before, I need the two of you to Mirai to the outskirts of Aoihoshi where the secret army is where she awaits orders to lead the army in. I can't trust anyone else but you two to assist her"

"but...I can't leave you alone to face the music here. it's too dangerous," Yuto sounded more agitated, and Daiki could increasingly feel that there's more than meets the eyes. Yuto's anxiety is unexplainable and suspicious, but Daiki couldn't decipher the missing puzzle.

"we talked about this, so stop testing my patience" 

Yuto frustratedly slammed his hand against his forehead. Ryosuke shrugged it away then turned to Daiki for assurance. "you'll do as I said too, right"

"yes. but is there something that you guys are not telling me?" Daiki asked curiously. Yuto wanted to answer but then Ryosuke put a halt to it, then said, "when the time is ripe, you'll know. just do your job, everyone you cared for will be alright, including Mirai."

Daiki looked at both their eyes and though uncertain, he nodded and gave his promise. "has Mirai been told about the departure?"

"not yet. but I'll let her know within these days. the two of you make the necessary preparations"

"hai. Yamaguchi-san and Ayame will be here with you?" Yuto reconfirmed.

"Take Ayame with you. Ojisan will assist me here. his experience is needed."

"hai" they answered in unison.

"this is a dangerous mission, no one knows how things will conclude, so I want you two to remember your oath to me."

"yes, Ryosuke-sama" they both answered, but Daiki once again heard Yuto's voice choked in what seemed like his suppressed tears.

****

tumblr_n9x2ysMsK01se6v40o5_1280.jpg

pleas leave your comments and how you think of the story this far and your predictions. the story will end in probably next part:)