CHAPTER 6 : MEMORIES FROM THE PAST

Alluring Black Vows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

 Luhan stirred in his sleep when the rays from the morning sun shone over his eyes. A yawn escaped his mouth and he tried to stretch his numb arms over his head but something stirred on the other side of his bed and he froze. He turned and colours drained from his face.

       The stranger stirred in her sleep when she felt the hand under her head shifted and blinked her eyes repeatedly to adjust to the bright room. She finally noticed the blushing male and realized the reason for the instant redness on his cheeks, she pulled the duvet over her ness. Luhan tore his eyes away and stared down on the messy bed cover.

" Good morning." She chirped in a melodious voice with a gentle smile over her red lips. She shifted a little for a comfortable position for her sore lower part.

Luhan's reply almost came back as a whisper and still he refused to raise his head even when the maiden continued to throw trivial questions in order to escape this suffocating awkwardness between them.

         Luhan felt the shift and unconciously counted the steps the maiden took. He sighed both in relief and disappointment when his ears caught the creaking sound that the bathroom's door made. He stayed in his former position, deep in thoughts and for the first time in his life he cannot decided.

        He started to question his feelings for this stranger. The tingling sensation on his skin whenever her delicate fingers touches him and the warm feelings at the pit of his stomach when beautiful smile greeted him  reminded him of a certain angel who had vanished without a trace.

He shook his head, not believing that he was comparing the two of them together. Speaking of angels, Luhan's mind went back to the secret room at the end of the hallway.

The room where his father spent most of his time painting, wearing the same sad smile as his fingers grasped the brush.

The room where Lay took his last breath.

The memories of his father in his drawing room came back to him and his mind travelled back to the past.

 

" He's beautiful." Little Luhan commented from his position on the stool, feets kicking the air as his father finished another potrait of the same man that filled the walls of this room.

Lay smiled at his son and put down the brush. " He is." He replied as he stared into the picture longingly.

Luhan tilted his head a bit. The man in his father's potrait was smiling brilliantly and and the pair of white wings behind him complimented his tan, golden skin. His beauty was rare for a mere human. " Who is he? I never seen him before."

 

Lay turned at his son and he noticed the little boy's face and hands stained with colours  and his canvas filled with his small handprints. Chuckling, he grabbed a clean rag and wiped the stains away. " You're a mess. You should take a bath and attend your piano lesson."

Annoyed with the constant wiping, Luhan grabbed his father's hand and looked up with puppy eyes. " I hate piano lesson." He scowled and jumped of the tall stool before landing on the floor. " Tell me. Who is he?" He asked again.

Lay sighed and kneeled in front of his son. " He is someone really important to me." He muttered in a broken voice. Every time he laid his eyes on his son, he felt sorry for the little one for losing his mother at a very young age.

" Like Mother?"

" Maybe." Lay forced out a smile. " It's all in the past and I don't ...."

" What kind of person was he?"

Lay let out a sigh of defeat. Luhan will keep asking questions until he filled  his boy's insatiable curiosity. " I met him before I met your mother. He was so nice and I really love his company.."

Luhan cupped his father's cheeks and forced to look into his big brown eyes. " You love him."

" Pardon?"

" You love him, Father. I can see it from your eyes."

Taken back by his son's statement, Lay cleared his throat. " I don't know.."

" Father, is he an angel?"

Lay's gaze on the picture on the wall. The sad looks on the angel's eyes torn his heart. " He is the angel from my nightmare. He loved me so much but I rejected his love... and he never appeared before me ever again."

Luhan never saw his father like this before. Lay was always so calm and confident and seeing him so heart broken and lonely like this hurted his pure heart. Luhan wrapped his tiny hands around his father's neck and squeezed their bodies together. " Please don't be sad. I'll find him for you. I promise."

Lay put on a warm smile and kissed the brown hair's forehead. " It's okay. It's all too late now."

"But.."

" Promise me then. If you find someone you love with all your heart, never let go."

Luhan snapped out from his flashback when a soft and silky surface draped over his shoulder and he raised his head to a pair of black orbs.

Sohee who was already in a familiar black robes adjusted Luhan's robe and tied it in front of his stomach. " You'll catch some cold if you sit there, in your glory." She laughed at her own jokes and Luhan felt it again, the warmness at the pit of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter