Author's Note:

You GOT Me

 

Hi readers!

First of all, let me express my eternal gratitude for sticking to this fic even when I'd disappear forever and update in sporadic bursts. Life, you know? But omg you're all so awesome for not leaving me behind. THANK YOU. Thank you so very much.

I first got this idea while listening to the Got mini-album and that's really where the title (U Got Me) came from. I really liked that song from the album and together with A, it's been playing on repeat for about a few weeks before I gave in and plotted this story. I just really wanted to have fun with it. So I started free-writing and then this happened. I should really have planned it a lot better, but uhm. HEHEHE. I really should have outlined this story because I look at it, and all that potential. Tsk

Anyway, it's still so much better than I initially thought it would be. Trust me, I thought it would be a complete disaster. At first, I figured out which boys from GOT7 I was writing about, and of course it has to be Mark and Jackson (I don't really have a bias, though. I just thought they'd be great characters to write). I really like Youngjae so he's Jeah's best friend. I meant to write more of 15&'s Jimin and Yerin here, but that didn't go as planned.

Namjoon and BTS. When I started, I thought I need some kind of "villain" or at least a "bully" and of course, BTS came out with the school concept around that time, and so it all fit really well. My feelings for Rap Monster may have bled out a bit here because people were suddenly shipping Jeah with him and I'm like...OH NO (really, that's all my fault. I didn't realize my bias was going to show that much HAHAHA).

I really wanted to showcase all the other boys too, but somewhere in the middle, I really struggled to put the story together. BUT, all's well that ends well? I had so much plans, but because I didn't outline properly...they all fell apart. *sigh*

So I'm really grateful that you're still reading this up until the very end. I can't thank you enough. You guys don't even know how many times I wanted to give up writing this. I'd be like, "yeah, no one's reading anyway? maybe they won't notice if I just drop the fic???" but then I'll get one comment, and really that's like "you made my day, reader." Comments really help, guys. They give the right kind of positive reinforcement an author needs to keep writing. After all, what's the point of writing and posting fics if no one's commenting with the feels? We all just want to share the feels!

Thank you for all the comments and the upvotes!

 

Until the next fic,

static.dream

 

P.S Obviously, I'm writing DAY6 next. You all should listen to them. Ugh. My feelings.