He's talking to me! #2

Cunning Gentleman

A/n : just for clarification, there's a scene in ch.1 when chanyeol listed kai's ex-girlfriend. There's one named Minah. That's not Minah who's Soo-rae friend. Different person but same name. And don't worry, Minah who's is kai's ex will not gonna be mentioned anymore in this story. in case if you're afraid to confusing them :)

--

"wait, youre not going?" Minah asks puzzled,

"why?" Junhee asks too. "I just don't feel like going to such kind of event" i say, "You know i hate the most being in the crowd like that". "Soo-raeeee" Hana suddenly whining while holding my arm, "why you're not going with us???". I hold her hands off my arm, i really can't stand her cutesy, so i smile and tell her "i already told you, i don't go for that kind event". She puts her hands on her lap, still pouting but not saying anything. Junhee and Minah just rolls their eyes and sighing. They probably know it useless asking me to come, i always refuse them whenever they invited me to go concert or something like that. "But it's gonna be fun with them! so don't worrying me" i try to reassure them. "I'm not worrying you though" Minah cynically joking, "just don't regret it later if we brag a lot after going there" .Junhee nods agree with minah. I want to tell them that i'm not gonna regretting anything, but i know both of them are little upset with me, so i just put my thumbs up  signaling them that there's nothing to worry about.

On the way to my home, my mind has been thinking about what i might do for summer break. There will be school council of course, but school newspaper will taking break for summer. Maybe i should focusing writing and probably sending my articles to magazines. My steps gradually become closer to my apartement's building and before i realize it, I just need to cross the bridge now. the surrounding already dark by now, i'm little late today. I decide to run across the bridge and to my apartement's front door. When i arrive, i see chanyeol on the other side. I wondering why he's here when his house is not here.
 
"Yeollie?" i call him, he looks up and little suprise to see me. "What are you doing here?" i ask as walking towards him. "A-ah, i'm just buying snacks" he says stutter, i notice he brings two big plastic bags. "okay, i can see that. So what are you doing here?" i ask again wondering. he averts his eyes from mine, looks like looking for an excuse. But please, i know it if he's lying. I guess he knows too, because then he says "I know you keep secret so i tell you okay," he starts. "I'm suppose to not telling this to everyone, but well..." he hesitate. "Just straight to the point yeollie" i say unpatient. He sighing, "Kai's living here". I blink my eyes rapidly as always whenever i suprised. Kim Jongin living here. in the same building as me. "So why is that suppose to be secret?" i'm still curious though. "well, Just say that, he moved because it's closer to school" says chanyeol. Ah personal matter, I understand. Well, i just know that Kim Jongin and Chanyeol are childhood friend, so it's not strange that their friendship's bond is deep. They're not really hang out together often in school though , i don't know why and I don't need to know anyway
 
"Did your friends and jongin visiting your house just like a moment ago?" i change my topic as we're walking inside the building. "Ah they already left. Wait, it's okay right if i bring them?" chanyeol following my steps beside. "Well, you're bringing lay and jongin. So they agreed" i tell him, we're going inside the lift now. I'm pressing button number 7 and give chanyeol space to pressing his floor. he's pressing the top floor's button, i remember my mom had tell me that there's mansion on the top of our apartement. It's owned but i never seen the owner. I never seen the mansion either though, Jongin might be rich kid after all if he lives in that thing. "So, you'll keep the secret?" chanyeol asks again before the lift's door open to my floor. I tell him to not worried, the walk out the lift. I bid him with see-you-at-school before the door's closing.
 
--
 
Monday school always for me. I woke up late because i got caught up writing articles all night. I always wake up late on monday as i remember. And i always forget to bring something on that day too. Like today, i forget to bring document about school's festival budget that suho asked me to bring. Suho was mad at me, of course. But i told him that is not 100% my fault regarding that it's our treasure fault too because she forgot to bring that thing home instead left it on her desk. he asked me to get her to him. So I walk to her class, take a peek from the door. She's writing alone on her desk. I'm waiting someone from her class to come out the class so i can ask him to call her.
 
"Hey," i whisper to this boy who's sitting close to me, i hope he's from this class. He looks up to me, annoyed write on his face because maybe i disturb him from whatever he was doing. "Can you get me to jinah?" I ask him immidiately, not wanting to disturb him any longer. He looks around his class and find Jinah, "Jinah ssi, there's someone looking for you" he shouts from his desk. Jinah looks up and see me. Her eyes blinks, she probably not expecting me to come to her class. she walks to me, her eyes is wondering so i tell her, "Suho's looking for you, in council's room". She give me a nod and instantly leaving me to suho's.
 
I'm just about to leaving her class when my eyes caught up with Jongin's. He's sitting on the desk in class, oh right this is his class. His lips form a little smile, to me. I'm puzzled. it's awkward to see him after he recognize my presence. I take a glance to my back, maybe he's not smiling to me-but someone behind me-but there's no one. So i turn back and give him a rigid smile. Then he walks to me, leaving his friends behind. I stay in my stand. "Hey, it's rare to see you here" he says after we're facing close to each other. His hand holding the side of the door, and his face leaning closer to mine. Oh god oh god, I can't help but google at him.i take a little step back because i feel awkward with our position. "I'm just calling Jinah" i tell him. He nods and open his mouth again, "I can't wait for con-fest". He's grinning now. "Yeah? have fun then" I tell him. There's silence for a second. I 'm thinking to leave but before that he talks again, "Because you're going". "I'm not going though" i tell him instantly. His frowning, "What? i thought you were the one who invite us?". He looks like upset, but i can't see the reason for that. "I'm just talking for my friend's sake, it's them who's going" i answer. His mouth opens about to say anything but the bells ringing. I give him a little bye before jog to my class.
 
--
 
There's actually one thing that i had been wondering after knowing that Jongin and me live on the same building. Why i never seen him before?. I mean, we always take the same bus and take off at the same stop. He's going to same direction as me afterward actually. But when i take left turn to my apartement building, he walks crossing the road, to my opposite. As i recall again, he's going to chanyeol's a lot too. Chanyeol lives beside my apartement, we're going on opposite direction because the stop located between our buildings. did he already knows that i'm living in the same building as him? that thought suddenly came through my mind. But i don't think it is either,as matter of the fact he just already recognize me not too long ago.
 
"hey soo-rae" My mind being disturbed by chanyeol voice. Right, we're in the bus right now. The bus is crowded, so we all standing while holding the rings. Chanyeol always in the middle of us whenever we in this situation. "You're daydreaming" he says. "I'm not, i'm just thinking" i deny it. He laughs mockingly, I just give him a glare because i'm not really in the mood for talk in this crowded bus. It's suffocating me. "you don't look good" chanyeol's expression suddenly stiffen. My free hand hold his  sleeve, weighing my stand. "No I'm good" I'm lulling him. He hold my arm who's holding his sleeve, he's trying to help me to not fall. I looking him and voicing thanks with my mouth.  "It's too crowded isn't it?" He says. I nod weakly.
 
As we arrive at our stop, I release my hand from chanyeol. Decide sitting for a while on the bench near there. "You're okay now?" Chanyeol asks again. I give him a nod and exhale a big breath. Chanyeol open his bag and taking out his drinks. He give me that, and I'm drinking it. My eyes wander to jongin who's still listening to music  since the time we were in the bus. He probably clueless for what happen in me-or he doesn't care at all-I mean why should he? .
 
"yeol, i'll leave right....," he talks to chanyeol, still with earphone in his ears. "Hey what happened?" He asks after looking at me and chanyeol. Chanyeol give him a look, and I shrug. "Nothing, yeollie I'm leaving" I say and sling my bag. Ready to leave. Chanyeol give me worried look, but I ignore it. I just need to go home sooner and rest.
 
--
 
The next day I decide to ride my scooter to school, it's tiresome actually but I'm going to come home late for today and bus will be crowded like yesterday in my time going home. I park my lovely violet scooter on the parking lot. "Soo-rae" a not-so-familiar voice calling my name behind. I look around and I see jongin. He's not even bother calling me without honorific.  "Oh hi" I greet awkwardly. He jog a little to match my feet. "What happened to you yesterday?" He asks curious. I steal a glance to him, feeling weird. "Just low-blood pressure" I tell him, "I can't stand crowd". He make a circle with his mouth, "that's why you won't going to con-fest I suppose?" He asks. I give gim slow nod while  watch my steps. I can feel that everyone watching me-no, us . "You're okay now? "jongin asks as he looking at me. His face looks worried. I look around and seeing that every person that passing us giving a weird look. "N-no...." I say to him, I feel nervous around my body. He instantly put his palm to my forehead, I jolted in shock.
 
"You're not warm" he says, he let go his palm, and smiling at me. As if he's glad . I look around and I can see that everyone who see us shocked. I become worried. What if there's strange rumor coming?. "What are you doing?!" I ask him panickly. I just realize that my tone sound as if I'm mad at him. He looks at me surprise,  but it changes to calm expression in seconds"I'm just worried Soo-rae". I winced. Really, It's hard to resist him. I want to ask him what his plan with me, I know he's that kind of person. He couldn't be just worried for me without any reason."Don't, okay?" I tell him. "Why?" He asks innocently. I give him a look-a really annoyed look-and sighed. I know he's smart enough to realize why. "Just don't" I tell him and leave immediately before he could say any words.
 
As I expected, Yoonsae and his girls come to me when lunch time. Before she opens , I talk first, "don't worry I'm not into him or anything. Don't miscomprehend what he did to me". She scoff, "I just want to tell you, don't be full of yourself" she's grinning,"he's just too nice to people". I hold my laugh, god I really want to tell her what jongin thinks of her these day. And everytime he joked about people who he had been fooled. I can't say that to her because that's make me look like I know him better than she do."Okay, he's nice person then" I say freely.
 
"Don't full of yourself just because he said he's worried about you"
 
"I'm not though" and I really am. She looks disbelief, so does her friends. "Really!"  i convince them, "Now if you're done, please move? i need to go" i say that but they just not moving their feet. So, i breach between them. But before i could leave, Yoonsae suddenly pulling my arm. I turn back to her and sighed, "what now?" . I'm tired brawling with her, she's that type of spoiled kid who can get whatever she wants and if she didn't get that, she'll do anything to get what she wants. So old-trend right? I don't even expect that there's still that kind of human living in this centuries. "you, we still not done" she says. i try to let go my arm from her hand, but she damn strong gripping my arm. "What do you want exactly? i yelped and look around, there's people watching, but no one even bother to help. I can't believe that they still afraid of her, that's stupid. And yeah, i don't see scoopies either. Of course, they've been waiting for me in canteen. I'm suppose to meet them for lunch. I give up looking for help, and glaring at her while trying to release my arm. "Who do you think you are huh?" Hyemi shouts at me. Gina giving me the similiar question, basically they all mocking at me. I'm try to ignoring them with focusing myself to release my arm from Yoonsae's grip. 
 
Out of nowhere, just like what in dramas, except this one it's not my prince charming or else, there's hand gripping Yoonsae's arm. It's Jongin. He release my arm from her and gripping Yoonsae's arm right now. He looks mad-or disappointed-i can't guessed. Yoonsae flabbergasted with Jongin sudden appearance. "O-oppa...i-i can explain..." she stutters. Jongin release her arm now, and sigh, "Why are you doing this....?" he sounds disappointed. "No oppa, it's not like what you think...." Yoonsae still stutters. Both her wings now (Hyemi&Gina) already take a step back giving her and jongin space. But it useless because after that jongin pulls her wrist and leave the crime scenes. I'm glad that it's finally over, and i know exactly what's jongin do with Yoonsae. Of course break up. the reason? because of what she did for me. I just realize that i've been toyed by him. i'm the object for his break up plan.