Demons

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook

    
demonS
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“The man in front of you vibrates with black magic. With power that you have encountered maybe two times in your whole life, so powerful that it makes your bones cold." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
BASICS 
 

» Demons are vengeful creatures. They used to be Angels, but were stripped from their wings and banned.

» They thrive for souls. They hunt them and collect them as they give them power.

» They require a vessel to walk the air, and they most often use human bodies to roam the Earth. That means posession.

» All demons have some powers in common. They can freely use telekinesis, are strong - sometimes surpassing werewolves - and can possess a human body. Some demons develop powers specific to them and their talents, learn how to control fire or magic.

» When they travel between bodies, they take a shape of a black, moving smoke.

 

 

 

 

Posession


» Demons like to use bodies that are empty, since posession requires more power and attention. When posessing a living body they have to battle for dominance with the soul still inside the body, which makes it harder for them to completely controle it. If a demon is strong enough, though, he can easily dominate the soul and push it into the far corner of the body's owner consciousness. Once a person gets posessed, their eyes become black.

» To get rid of a demon from a person's body, an exorcism is required. Every exorcism is very risky as there's a small chance of getting the demon out of the body without destroying the owner's soul in the process, especially if the demon is strong enough.

 

Devil's trap 


Devil's Trap - otherwise known as the grand pentacle - is the only thing that can trap a demon's pure form. 

 

 EXORCISM

» There are different exorcism spells for different demons. The one Dal uses on the first demon they meet - Azazel - is a Latin one.

 

Regna terrae, cantate Deo,
psallite Domino

qui fertis super caelum
caeli ad Orientem
Ecce dabit voci Suae
vocem virtutis,
tribuite virtutem Deo.

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus
omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio
infernalis adversarii, omnis legio,
omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.

Ergo draco maledicte
et omnis legio diabolica adjuramus te.
cessa decipere humanas creaturas,
eisque aeternae Perditionis venenum propinare.

Vade, Satana, inventor et magister
omnis fallaciae, hostis humanae salutis.
Humiliare sub potenti manu dei,
contremisce et effuge, invocato a
nobis sancto et terribili nomine,
quem inferi tremunt.

Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine.
Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias
libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos.
Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae humiliare digneris,
te rogamus, audi nos.

Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae
te rogamus, audi nos.

Terribilis Deus de sanctuario suo.
Deus Israhel ipse truderit virtutem
et fortitudinem plebi Suae.
Benedictus Deus. Gloria Patri.

 

 

 STORY

 

» The only demon we meet in RWW is Azazel.

» He posesses Jinki's body after he and his pack - including Hyoyeon and Jonghyun - tried to capture a different, weaker demon that Azazel threated like his own child. 

 

»  chapter twenty-four

»  chapter thirty-five

»  chapter thirty-six 

 

                

“Your friend has been possessed by a very old, very angry spirit,” you start. You crouch down to get rid of the special circle you've drawn to travel before. Kyungsoo crouches down to help you.

“Is that all?” Hyoyeon asks, raising a brow.

“He’s a fugitive,” you say, standing up.

“A fugitive?” Luhan asks from the corner of the room.

You try to grasp the whole idea yourself before answering them. For a few seconds there’s only silence in the room. “You can say that… other demons hated him enough to banish him onto Earth.”

“Did they hate him because he’s annoying, or did they hate him because he’s too powerful even for them?” Kai asks. You look at him and this time it’s you who raises a brow.

“Take a lucky guess,” you say bitterly.

 

layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes