Ghosts & Poltergeists

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook


 
 
Ghosts & Poltergeists
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

That poltergeist is literally doing everything to make his life miserable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

GHOSTS


» Ghosts are spirits that still roam the world of the living instead of being on the 'other side'.

» Most of the time, they're invisible to humans and magical creatures, but sometimes their shadows and silhouettes can be visible, especially if someone is very receptive to changes of aura and air. That's what separates them from spirits, who are only visible for mediums and certain magic creatures.

» If a ghost is still roaming the world of the living, it might mean that they have some unfinished business in their life. 

» If a ghost stays in the world of the living too long, they can change to poltergeists.  

 

POLTERGEISTS
 

» Poltergeists are mischevious ghosts.

» Some of them hang around people to play tricks on them, other can go as far as to try and kill a living person. 

» A poltergeist's presence is much stronger than a ghost's, and they can also gain the power to affect real, material objects in a physical way. An angry poltergeist can throw objects, open doors, and physically hurt alive humans. Still, they remain invisible to normal humans, unless you throw salt or silver at them.

» Poltergeists are vulnerable to salt - it physically pains them. It's also possible to trap a poltergeist inside a salt circle. They won't cross a line of salt.

» You can trap or hurt a poltergeist using something silver, like chains or daggers.

» To completely get rid of a poltergeist, you need to burn the object that keeps them in the world of the living, or find and burn the body of the person they were when they were still alive.

 

 APPEARANCES

 

» chapter fifteen of run a little faster

 

The ghost collapses onto the floor, the chains heavy on his usually non-materialized body. He screeches and becomes completely visible as the iron and silver burn him.

layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes