Witches

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook
    
    Witches
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Witches have sparks. Meanwhile, mages have a whole fire." 
 
 
 
 
 
      BASICS

» Witches are humans with sparks, which means they have a little bit of magic power.

» They look human, are weaker than mages and can't directly influence their surroundings physically.

» There are evil witches and good witches, although there's surely more of the evil ones. 

» You can kill a witch with iron.

» Witches draw cats, bats and rats to themselves.

» Witches are incredibly tricky. They're considered tricksters. Even though they're considered rather weak, they can gather strenght by stealing another person's life force or taking a piece of their soul. A witch grows stronger every time they use their magic. 

» A witch doesn't necessarily have to be a woman. There're male witches too.



 

 

POWERS

» There're rare cases of witches being able to use things like telekinesis or destructive spells.

» A witch usually uses charms and curses to cast a spell on someone, and the said spells are their main weapon. Every witch knows how to arrange their altar and every witch knows the basic love and hate spells. To cast a spell or a curse on someone, they need their blood or hair. 

» Powerful witches are able to make someone die undirectly. They can cast a curse that'll make you drown under the shower or make you slip on the floor, hitting your head. Fate and fortune are witches' good friends. 

» They can make potions and poisons from seemingly random objects that gain power when they chant spells. 

» They can cause pain undirectly, for example by using voodoo dolls.

» They use charms, as in objects, that can do many things. Every witch is basically able to create their own charms, depending on what they need. If they need a love charm, they create it. If they need a charm that can make their soul travel from one body to another, they create it. 

» Witches can get pretty ugly if they use black magic too frequently. Their skin tends to get blackish, their veins darker and their eyes blood-shot.

 

 

STORY

 

 

» In RWW, we meet two witches - Sunny and, later on, her grandma. Besides this, they're mentioned through the story. Sunny is not the first witch the pack has to fight with, and they can't tell she's evil at first. Sunny uses Dal to get stronger first and then she tries to send her to the universe her weaken grandma is in. The spell goes wrong and Dal ends up travelling back in time instead. 

» Chapter eleven

» Chapter fourteen

» Chapter thirty-two

» Chapter thirty-three

» Chapter thirty-four

» Chapter forty-six

» Mentions in chapters twelve, thirteen, chapters from thirty to forty. 

  

                                  
 
 

“What was the last thing you learned?"

"Not to trust witches."

 

  
layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes