Druids

Running With Wolves: Magic, Spells and Creatures Guidebook

    
druidS
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

“He’s like a magic doctor, always has plants and stuff.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
BASICS 

» The ancient Druids were the most learned of all men and women of their time. Druids were physicians, astronomers, mathematicians, musicians, poets, philosophers, legislators, judges, and teachers of spirituality, religion, and education.

» In the height of their time the Druids had power over the masses near without equal. It is said that the Druids could walk between two armies waged in war and dispel the hostilities causing them to discontinue the fight. In the matters of learning, religion, and government their word was absolute.

» The Druids served as the spiritual link between the Celts and the Gods.

» The earliest surviving literary evidence of the druids emerges from the classical world of Greece and Rome.

» The druid caste was divided into three areas: of Ovate, Bard and Druid. 

  • Ovates or Vates, as they are also often referred, were the young students who were in the first stage of the Druidic philosophical priesthood. Vates were given the symbolic color of earth, Green, which signified the period of youth years. Vates were to focus mainly on their powers of observation to take notice the effects nature had upon life and matter, thus the Vate became a student of the natural sciences.
  • Bards were the historians of their time, passing down from generation to generation the tales, fables, and history of their people.  This was a very important undertaking, as written text in that time was rare. Bards were piece makers and arbiters; always advising on that which was Just while maintaining balance within society.

 

 

Celtic triadS 

 

» God is of necessity three things: the greatest part of life, the greateset part of science, and the greatest part of force.

» Three things are continually increasing: fire, intelligence, and life.

» The three gifts of music: sleep, laughter, and tears. 

» The Awen (symbol above) symbolizes in man the three Druidic virtues: courage, brotherhood, and selfless service.

 

 STORY

 

» The only druid we actually get to know in RWW is Siwon.

» A druid is a person who's obliged to help and advise every single magic creature. They're supposed to be neutral, helpful to both
dark and light creatures. 

» They hold great knowledge that often comes to them on its own, passed from generation to generation.

» Once they learn something, they never forget it. 

» Druids have intuition and insight greater than any other human being, and even though they can't use magic, their knowledge is invaluable. 

They don't use magic, but they can sometimes influence their enviroment with a simple thought. They can create ash circles that hold back the evil or lock the door without using a key. But it's a rare ability that requires endless, unwavering belief.

 

    

 

 

    darachs


A Darach is a druid who went down the wrong path. They kill people for sacrifice to get actual magic powers like telekinesis. Their power grows with every kill. A Darach was the creature that killed Dal's dad.
"In the middle of it you see your father lying on the ground, a man hovering above him, the skin on his face glistening white, as if he’s wearing a really creepy Halloween mask. He’s wearing some kind of rags draped over his shoulders and legs and it doesn’t look like clothes, but then again, his face doesn’t even look human."
                                 
 
 
 
 
      

 
 
 
 

                                    
 
 

Druids are the greatest helpers of all, as they hold knowledge unkown to most people and senses that allow them to listen to the Earths' calls. But if a Druid's heart gets filled with rage or selfishness, they often transform into Darachs. 

 

layout designed and coded by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes