Chance 8

Heaven, Happiness, & Chance [HIATUS]

 

CHANCE #EIGHT
“Is it wrong to kiss you?”



“I can’t handle it anymore...” Yoona blurts out. She is still on the wooden boat with Eunhyuk.

“Why?” Asked Eunhyuk.

“It breaks my heart... Heaven... Why does it break my heart?” She reasons out.

“How come you have given up when it’s just your second person. There are more Yoona-sshi. There are more stories you need to know and understand.”

“Yeah... stories that will tell me how I cause the death of those people... right?” Exclaimed Yoona.

“Nah... I think you jumped into conclusion too fast... moreover... it’s a false conclusion.”

Eunhyuk stares deeply at Yoona and before Yoona can say anything, she can feel a very strong wind blows her body.

She feels like being directed once again by the blowing-wind. She’s not on the boat anymore. She’s just waiting now. She is waiting to land on a surface.

...

Donghae just realized that the graduation photo has indeed changed. It’s great that way but for him it’s not really that great.

“Neh Hae...”

Sooyoung calls his name.

“Do you know who gave Yoona a second button on our graduation day?” Asked Sooyoung.

Donghae is taken a back. He can’t really open his mouth.

“Hmmm...” He mumbles.

“I actually had a feeling that she wanted yours that time... kekeke.” Sooyoung jokes around.

“Aahhhh...” Donghae quickly nods.

“She got one... but she told me that it was a weird second button.” Sooyoung continues.

“W-weird?” Siwon speaks.

“Neh... I don’t understand as well.” Sooyoung quickly replies.

“I wonder about that too.” Donghae concludes and continue seeing another photo. He makes a little smile actually knowing that he had changed another mind-blogging past. But still, he wants more.

...

All of the sudden, Yoona has stood up in front of a cafe.

It’s already night. Yoona can see the dark sky and the glowing full moon. Everything is blur there. Everything is in black and white, including herself but only the cafe shines bright in colors, as if it should be the center of attention now.

Well, it doesn’t fail of course as Yoona’s eyes are drwan into that cafe.

She comes closer to that cafe. Step by step. She is unsure but she makes every step that she needs to get a better view of that cafe. There, finally, she is in front of the wide glass window of that cafe. There are quite many guests in the cafe. They are either drinking, eating, or talking.

It seems like everyone in that cafe is oblivious of Yoona’s presence.

“Where am I?”

She asks herself.

Her attention is taken by a sudden rain. Amazingly, she isn’t wet. She is dry but she can see the raindrops all over the place. Her body is still in black and white. Not too long after that, she sees a young woman coming from her left side. That woman is wet and she takes a shelter in the bus stop in front of the cafe and at that time, the bus stop is filled by colors. It’s not black and white anymore.

The woman under the bus stop keeps observing the sky, wondering when the rain is going to stop. Yoona’s eyes are now following another figure who is heading to that same bus stop. It is a man now. He is looking for a shelter as well.

Seconds change into minutes and so on. The rain doesn’t stop and Yoona doesn’t stop observing the man and the woman who is now talking. Of course Yoona can’t hear what they are talking about. The man is pointing at the cafe. The woman is nodding and after that the two of them are running to the cafe. Yoona keeps following them. An urge to call the man and the woman suddenly appears.

“Annyeonghaseyo...” Yoona seeks for their attention but the man and the woman don’t make any reaction to Yoona’s greeting. The man and the woman have entered the cafe. They sit in the corner.

“They can’t hear you.”

A voice can be heard from Yoona’s back and so Yoona turns her body. An old woman stands behind her. The old woman wears a very old-fashioned clothes. It is obvious Yoona doesn’t know her. She doesn’t remember about meeting this old lady before.

“Why? Why they can’t hear me?”

Yoona innocently asks.

“Because they are not here, sweetheart.” The old lady replies.

“Not here?”

“They are only a part of my heaven. They have their own heavens. So yeah... they are not really in here. But you... you are really here.” The old lady explains.

“Let’s sit on that bus stop.” The old lady commands and Yoona follows her. They both sit on the bench in the bus stop, facing the colorful cafe, and right at the moment, Yoona’s body is filled with colors as well.

“You are really beautiful.” The old lady compliments.

Yoona can’t find any other words beside “Are you my third person?”

“Yes...”

“Ahhh... I see.”

And then silence fills the air. It takes several seconds until the old lady makes a shocking explanantion.

“The man and the woman who you just saw...” She pauses. “They are your parents. Your biological parents.”

Yoona is totally stunned.

...

Donghae opens another page of his photo album and a photo suddenly drops to the floor. Donghae takes the photo.

“This one...” He mumbles.

Donghae recalls about the photo. Everyone is there in that photo. From left to right, there are Donghae, Yoona, Kyuhyun, Seohyun, Nichkhun, Siwon, and Sooyoung. They are all smiling brightly. However, in that photo, Donghae seems like touching his own left cheek while Yoona looks pissed off. 

“Ahhh... I got slapped by her.” Donghae remembers that he got slapped by Yoona before they took that photo. He also remembers that it is because he stole Yoona’s first kiss that time in a very “mean” way.

Mean?

Yes, he did. He made it as a joke as he teased Yoona for having no experience of kissing even after graduating from high school.

...

“What?!!! You never had a kiss before???” Donghae teased Yoona. Both of them were on the way to Donghae’s house. They would have a barbecue party with everyone.

“Is it really that funny Haechi?” Yoona is somewhat pissed off.

“Should I lend you a help then?” Donghae kept teasing the girl and suddenly it just happened like that. It was far from a romantic kiss scene. Donghae just landed his lips while they were walking. Yoona stopped right away. She was surprised. Donghae broke the kiss. He smiled only to get slapped after that.

Yoona left him as she ran.

“Stupid Haechi!” She exclaimed inside her heart.


...

“Aishhhh... I want to change it. I want to confess this time. Arghhhhhh!!!” His heart will explode anytime soon. “Of course Yoona got angry over this.” He thinks inside his mind again. “I want to satrt over again... I really want to.” He closes his eyes and the moment he opens them, he feels the presence of Jessica.

“Are you happy now?” Jessica asks to Donghae who is sitting calmly again on his chair.

“Happy?” Mumbled Donghae.

“Nehhh... I’m here. Shouldn’t you be happy?”

“I don’t know but I... I need your help so I can find my happiness.” Donghae replies.

“What will you do this time?” Jessica asks back.

“I’m going to say how I feel towards her.”

“Are you sure Donghae-sshi? Aren’t you afraid of destroying your friendship with her? All these times, you’ve been really afraid to confess. Or may I said, you are afraid to see her as a girl, right?! In the end... you could only see her as a childhood friend.”

Jessica stares at Donghae’s eyes deeply.

“But I don’t want to regret everything like this! At least... I don’t want to regret not telling her that I love her. It pains me so much.” Donghae stares back with determination.

Jessica wears a little smile before snapping her fingers again and Donghae is sent to the past.

...

“My parents?”

Yoona finally voices out. Strangely... she feels mad. She is angry. She is heated up. They are her parents but to think that her father left her is just aching her. But she knows that what she wants right now is going there and hugging them. The parents that she never knew about. But she holds herself. Beside, they are not really in this place like the old lady said before.

“Don’t be angry Yoona-sshi.”

“I don’t want to but I can’t help it. Heaven? Isn’t this the place where I should find my peace? Why all the things that I experience in this so-called heaven is far from peace then?! Knowing that I caused someone’s death. Knowing that people sacrificed for me. And now... I don’t know... I want to know them... I want to know who my parents are but... But I also hate them for leaving me alone.” Yoona blurts out.

“Peace? You are already at peace if you want to see your life from different perspective Yoona-sshi.” Said the old lady.

Yoona is taken a back but she is so confused right now.

“I’m sorry to sound rude but... I don’t even know who you are.” The girl who is busy for keeping her tears at this moment says.

“But I know you... in a surprising way.”

“Eh??? Really? How come?”

“Well... I will tell you... if you want to listen.” The old lady concludes.

...

Donghae opens his eyes. He is in front of their college.

“Donghae-sshi... is this your college?”

Donghae is kinda shocked. There is an old man beside him.

“Ee-ehhhh...”

In instant, Donghae eventually remembers. This old man is Yoona’s grandfather. Well, this means he is Yoona’s step grandfather. He also remembers that Yoona asked him to accompany her grandfather since she has lecture all day long while Donghae is free. Actually, Yoona forbids Donghae to bring her grandfather to the college but this old man insists and Donghae can’t help it in the end.

Meanwhile, Yoona is on her way to her class. She is with Sooyoung. They have different class but their classes are locate din the same building.

“I wonder... how come my grandpa can be so impulsive. Even my mom and dad don’t know about it. He just suddenly come here and look for me. Aigooo...” Yoona sighs.

“Well... maybe you can learn the impulsiveness of your grandpa Yoona-yah.” Sooyoung directs the chat to another topic while they are walking down the corridor.

“What do you mean?” Asked Yoona.

“Kekeke... I’ve been watching over you Yoona-yah. When it comes to love, you are the type who doesn’t do anything about it and just waits and watches where it will go. You are looking but you never do something, right?” Explained Sooyoung who now stops in front of her class.

Yoona faces Sooyoung.

“I think it is better than someone who always jumps into a train but never gets to her destination. She always gets pushed out halfway and she is waiting whether the one who she truly loves will pick her up or not, right?” Countered Yoona.

Sooyoung laughs in embarassment.

“Aigooo... you just caught me, kekekeke. See you!” Said Sooyoung and she waves to Yoona.

Yoona continues walking. She is heading to her class. En route there, she is thinking about what Sooyoung just said. It was true though. She never did anything about it. She is too passive yet she doesn’t have any plan to change it.

Back to Donghae.

“Yoo Hae! I thought you have no class today. Why are you here?” Siwon talks to Donghae when they meet in front of the cafeteria. Donghae is really happy because at least he is not alone now to accompany the old man.

“Actually, Yoona’s grandpa wants to see our campus.” Donghae replies and looks for Yoona’s grandpa but he can’t find the old man anywhere around him.

“Damn!!! Where is he?”

“Who?” Questioned Siwon.

“Yoona’s grandpa.” Answered Donghae.

“I don’t see you with anyone before.” Siwon says.

“Aigoooo!!! He must be escaping himself from me. What an unique old man?!” Sighed Donghae and he continues “Help me find him.”

“Sure!” Siwon nods and the two start searching the old man.

...

“I was a bubbly and childish girl when I was young you know?! Keke.” The old lady starts her story.

“I was also really popular among my circumstances. However, I rejected many guys. Not that I was selfish. I was just looking for the right one. One day, I was walking near this cafe and suddenly there was a heavy rain. I entered the cafe to cover myself while waiting for the rain to stop. That was how my love story begins.” The old lady pauses while pointing the cafe in front of them.

Yoona keeps listening.

“When I was waiting, drinking some hot chocolate in that cafe. I caught the waiter who served me taking a glance at me twice. Kekekeke. I think guys just couldn’t take their eyes from me. When I was about to go because the rain had stopped, the waiter asked me to come again and I just smiled. I wonder why but starting from that day, I came to this cafe eveeryday.”

The old lady smiles.

“And one day... he just simply said he loved me and we started going out. It turned out that that guy, the waiter, was the owner of this cafe. I was shocked at first but I was happy as well. He was a modest and a very kind guy you know. He didn’t go to college and he worked really hard to build up his own cafe. Our dating period was really fun. We married when I was only 19 and he was 21. Too young neh???”

Yoona only nods.

“But we already had the cafe so we lived happily. He was really a hardworking guy. He worked his off. I loved him so much. And it was just several months after we married that suddenly, in the morning, he woke me up. He closed my eyes and guided me to the front of this cafe. When he took off his hands from my eyes, I was so surprised to see the name of this cafe. It had changed. He named the cafe with my name.”

“Change?” Yoona doesn’t have any idea about what this old lady is talking about.

The old lady stared at Yoona in disappointment.

“Don’t you remember about a cafe that has been witnessing your life? The cafe where you always spent your times with your friends?” The old lady tries to help by giving some hints.

The old lady then stands up and bows, she finally introduces herself.

“Kim Hyoyeon imnida. The wife of Venus-Hyoyeon’s cafe owner.” Said the old lady who is sitting again right now.

...

“There he is!” Siwon points a direction where he spots Yoona’s grandpa with his index finger.

Donghae and Siwon quickly goes to that direction only to find that Yoona, Kyuhyun, and Nichkhun are there too. Apparently, Kyuhyun, Nichkhun, and Yoona, who are classmates, just ended their class session when they saw Yoona’s grandpa near their class building. It made Yoona surprised of course.

“Haechi! I told you not to bring grandpa here. Why do you bring him along instead?” Yoona voices out right after Donghae arrives.

“I tried to stop him but he wouldn’t listen.” Said Donghae.

“YAHHH!!! It is him who insisted that I should come to see your college Yoona-yah.” Yoona’s grandpa tells Yoona, indicating that Donghae didn’t try to stop him.

“Aishhh... whatever... just get home grandpa. Grandma will be worried if she knew you are here without telling her before.” Said Yoona.

“Fine fine... but before that... let’s take a phto sticker together... keke.” The old man begs.

“Photo sticker???” Yoona raises her eyebrows but before she can argue more, her grandpa already pulls her hand and she can only follow him.

The others follow them after that.

...

“Kim Hyoyeon imnida. The wife of Venus-Hyoyeon’s cafe owner.” Said the old lady who is sitting again right now.

Right after that, Yoona feels that actually that old lady is a bit familiar to her.

“Ahhhh... the old door...” Yoona exclaims.

“Yes the old door...” Hyoyeon smiles, satisfied.

About 3 years ago, when Yoona was still in high school, the entrance door to the cafe used to have a painting in a frame. An elegant old lady was painted there. But it was removed 3 years ago because it’s already too old to be the entrance door.

“We lived happily. Our cafe business was doing quite well. Very well actually. We were satisfied. We had three children. We raised them with love. Our life was complete. But sometimes, all the good things should come to an end, right?!”

Hyoyeon glares at Yoona.

“...” Yoona doesn’t say anything.

“My husband was diagnosed with leukimia. It was too late when it was discovered about 20 years after the cafe’s name was changed to my name. The doctor said that my husband would only survive for at most 6 months later after the results of the test came out.”

“...”

Hyoyeon smiles though.

“Right now... it has become a beautiful memory for me to think about how I was by his side every single second on those difficult days of our family. Our children were with us together. Yeah... as a family... we fought that leukimia together. It was a hard battle for my husband but eventually, he died. Well yeah, he died before I died. But you know what? He could make it for another 14 years after the announcement from the doctor thanks to a donor who gave his spinal cord to my husband. Those 14 years weren’t a waste even though my husband can only sit on a wheelchair all day long. It was really valuable. I somewhat became a single mother since then but I was really happy.”

Hyoyeon takes a small break again.

“I ran the cafe alone. It was really hard at first but as time went by, my children started helping me and it became easier and easier every single day. That is why... the cafe is my heaven. The cafe is everything to me and that is why it is my heaven now.” Confirmed Hyoyeon.

“So... why am I here now?” Yoona suddenly pops up a question. “I mean, I wasn’t even born when all those things in your life happened, right?”

“Yoona-sshi, those events and things that happened before you were born... they still have an impact on your life. Those people who lived before you were born also had an impact on your life. You see, those buildings that you see when you are alive... they won’t be there if people who lived before you were born didn’t build them. We always think that everything starts when we are there but it isn’t right.”

Hyoyeon stands up and starts walking around in front of Yoona as if she is teaching Yoona in a classroom.

“If my husband wasn’t born, the cafe won’t be there. If there was no rain that day, I wouldn’t be meeting my future husband and there will be no Venus-Hyoyeon cafe, right? If the cafe isn’t there, your parents won’t meet in the rainy night that we just saw before. You won’t be here, you won’t be alive if that didn’t happen. If that Venus-Hyoyeon cafe didn’t exist, you and your friends will have no place to hang out.”

“So, you are here to tell me about the impacts of this cafe to my life?” Yoona cuts Hyoyeon.

“Nope.” Hyoyeon shakes her head.

“I am here to tell you about how your dad died.” Continued Hyoyeon.

...

“What? You have a twin brother?” Sooyoung who just joined the others in the Venus-Hyoyeon cafe exclaimed when she was told that Donghae actually have a twin brother.

“Where is he then?” She continues asking.

“Heaven.” Donghae simply says.

“...”

“Sorry... I didn’t mean to. I was just surprised and curious.” Sooyoung feels guilty.

“It is ok Soo. I am fine. He didn’t survive back then when we were just born.”

Sooyoung nods. Apprently, only Sooyoung, Nichkhun, and Yoona’s grandpa don’t know about this. All of them are waiting for the time that they will have a barbecue party in Donghae’s house. Nichkhun is there too and that annoys Donghae actually. He can’t argue about it though. He should be fair in the end.

Yoona’s grandpa is still there too, waiting for his train schedule. After taking the sticker photo, they went to the train station to buy the ticket.

Suddenly, Yoona’s phone rigns. It’s from Yoona’s grandma.

“Neh... grandma, how are you? I’m fine here.”

Yoona then offers her phone to her grandpa.

“Here, grandma wants to talk.”

The old man takes it and starts talking.

“Neh neh... neh... I’ll come back soon. Don’t worry... neh...”

Everyone starts ignoring the conversation until they hear “I love you my dear wifey!!! I love you so muchhh!!!” from Yoona’s grandpa.

Everyone stares at the old man in a surprised yet amazed expression.

“Waeyooo? Why are you kids staring at me like that?” The old man says.

“I was just amazed by how you can say that so easily and natural...” Kyuhyun reasons out.

“Aigooo... kids... just say it if you want to say it. If you think that you can communicate something without saying it out loud then you made such a big mistake!!! Remember that!”

Everyone is taken a back, especially Yoona and Donghae.

That statement is too good top be true.

...

“Yoona-sshi... do you hate him? Do you really hate the unknown father of yours?” Hyoyeon starts with a question.

“I don’t know... maybe... maybe yes... maybe no... I’m really confused. I can feel it, the hatred but it’s too strange to hate someone you never knew about.” Yoona explains.

“Maybe you will change the way you feel towards him after seeing this.” Said Hyoyeon and suddenly, Yoona can see a movie is being played in front of her. The movie screen just suddenly appears in the air. She can clearly see what is happening on that movie.

A man. A very young and handsome man, with a baby girl, enters the Venus-Hyoyeon cafe. He sits in the corner.

“Yoongie-ahhh... this is the place where your mother and I met for the very first time. I even propsed her in this cafe, kekeke.” The man talks to one and only her daughter.

“Excuse me... would you order something?” The owner of Venus-Hyoyeon cafe approaches that young man.

“Emmm... yes.. I want...” The young man doesn’t even finish his order when the owner of the cafe collapses.

The scene changes to the hospital waiting room.

“Mrs. Kim Hyoyeon...” The doctor calls and Hyoyeon responds. Hyoyeon listens to the doctor’s explanantion. The young man and his baby daughter are there too, listening to the same doctor.

“It is leukimia... it is hard to help your husband even when we find a good spinal cord donor.”

Just after that, Hyoyeon faints. The young man and the doctor catch her together at the right time.

After that, the scene changes again. Now it is just between the doctor and the young man with his daughter.

“But sir, it can risk your own life?” The doctor says.

“I know it but I want to be scanned to see whether I’m capable and suitable to be the donor.” The young man replies.

“Look... it has a very little chance because you are not related to my patient. But since you insist then I will do it.” Replied the doctor.

The scene keeps changing and now it is between the doctor and the young man again but they are wearing different clothes. Well, the young man is still with baby Yoona.

“It is two days later after that doctor scans your father...” Explained Hyoyeon.

“You are unbelievably a suitable donor...” The doctor offers the results.

“Great then... with this, we can proceed to the next step, right?” The young man asks.

“Neh... actually but sir... are you sure about this? Do you want to be a donor?” The doctor is still confused.

It is expected though. This young man isn’t a family to the cancer patient, Hyoyeon’s husband. He is not a relative. Hence, the doctor is questioning his decision to donor his spinal cord. Actually, the young man, himself, doesn’t know why he is doing this. Things happen for a reason, he believes. And this time, he just got the feelings to donor his spinal cord. He really doesn’t know the reason. He is younger than that sick man but there is this urge that forces him to do so.

“That cafe... that cafe means everything to me...” The young man comments.

“I only have this statement as my reason for now doctor... that cafe is my everything...”

The movie screen disappears after that last statement.

He actually loses the hope to live after being left by her wife. Donating his spinal cord, he knows that it can risk his life but he is ready about it. He already has plans. Several days after the confirmation, it was at night, at a rainy night, when he left Yoona in front of that Church’s orphanage. He then took the full procedure and went to the surgery. The surgery is a success. But the young man died after a week. He couldn’t survive.

“He died after one week. It was difficult for him. And...” Hyoyeon pauses while staring at Yoona.

“I actually never knew about this at first. This young man, he wanted to save my husband knowing that losing your life partner is the most heartbreaking thing in this world. He didn’t want me to experience what he had been through Yoona-sshi. He is a very sincere man. He is your father.”

Yoona can just let her eyes gets teary.

Suddenly, everything looks better now for her. But, the hatred stays there in her heart.

...

Everyone is busy preparing the barbecue party. Everyone has their own responsibility.

Sooyoung, and Seohyun gets the job to go to Donghae’s house first to help Donghae’s grandma cleaning the room. Siwon, Nichkhun, and Kyuhyun go to Siwon’s house to take the equipment and some kitchen utensils that are needed.

Donghae and Yoona are escorting Yoona’s grandpa to the train station.

“You can go now. Have fun with your barbecue party. No need to wait for the train with me. Go go!” Yoona’s grandpa speaks to Yoona and Donghae.

“But... It is still 45 minutes before your schedule. We can wait with you.” Yoona protests.

“It’s alright Yoona-yah... I’ll be ok. Kekeke. You have your own party and you need to buy some things, right?!” Yoona’s grandpa assures her and that time Yoona’s cellphone rings once again. It’s from her grandmother so she answers the phone while excusing herself.

“Donghae-ah...” Yoona’s grandpa calls Donghae’s name.

“Ehhh...”

“You are too obvious kekeke...”

“Ehhhh???” is what Donghae’s reaction again.

“Aigooo... Donghae-ah, why aren’t you doing some positive actions up until now?”

“Ahhh... I... I...” Donghae is surprised. He understands that Yoona’s grandpa is talking about how he feels towards Yoona. It is amazing that such an old man can read the situation really well.

“Don’t let yourself have any regrets Donghae-ah...”

“...” Donghae can’t reply.

“If you think there’s always tomorrow, you’ll definetely suffer for it. Those who say they’ll do it tomorrow are idiots. Those who say they still have tomorrow so they will do it tomorrow are the most idiots people!”

Yoona’s grandpa convincingly says and it shuts Donghae up.

“It is from grandma. She just wanted to know what time you’ll be home. She is really worried grandpa.” Yoona comes back and she fails to feel the tension between Donghae and her grandpa.

“Well then... see you again... Saranghaeyo, kekeke.” Yoona’s grandpa says and he waves walking away from Donghae and Yoona. To Donghae, it sounds like a mockery actually, in a good way of course. Yoona adn Donghae wave to the old man.

“Let’s go, Hae! We need to buy some snacks and the ingredients.” Yoona orders Donghae who seems out of this place because of Yoona’s grandpa’s words before.

“Ahh, neh, neh.”

With that answer from Donghae, the two then go to the supermarket that is located not really far from the train station.

...

“I am sorry for what happened to your father, Yoona-sshi. You could blame me if you want.” Said Hyoyeon.

“Why should I blame you?” Yoona replies.

“Becausse your father died.” Countered Hyoyeon.

“For being hopeless you mean...” Commented Yoona.

“For being loyal actually...” Fixed Hyoyeon.

“Loyal? People don’t die for loyalty...” Yoona argues back.

“Don’t they?” Hyoyeon sits again beside Yoona under that bus station.

“Those army died because their loyalty to our country. Don’t you think... people are willing to die because they are loyal to something, Yoona-sshi?!” Explained the old lady.

Yoona shrugs her shoulder.

“Your father, he is too loyal to love, I must say.” Hyoyeon concludes this session.

...

Yoona and Donghae are already in the supermarket. Donghae holds the basket while Yoona is shopping and then putting the ingredients and the snacks inside that basket.

“Yah... Yoona-yah... what is this?” They stop walking and are facing each other.

“Ehhh? Can’t you tell it just by seeing it? It is fish cake.” Yoona explains.

“What is this for?” Donghae asks.

“Just side dishes. You can slice it and then put it in the pancake!!!”

Hearing that from Yoona, Donghae shakes his head, saying “We don’t need it.” And he puts it back to the supermarket’s shelf.

“Owww yaaahhh!!! Lee Donghae! Then tell me... what is it?” Yoona takes out something from the basket, something that Donghae put before.

“Soybean.” Donghae shortly says.

“Kekeke... what is this for then?” Yoona sarcastically asks.

“It tastes really great if you add this into the pancake.” Donghae argues.

“Hahahaha... you are like the very first person who tells me that. I won’t be tricked anymore.” Yoona puts the soybean back to the shelf as well.

“When did I trick you?” Donghae is curious.

“You said adding soy bean into the wheat tea will be a good sauce for cold noodles. You also said yoghurt and soy bean will taste great with rice cake. In the end, it tastes horrible.” Yoona glares at Donghae.

“This time it will really taste great!!! Really! Trust me!”

“Trust you in cooking? Like in a million years Haechi!!!” Yoona replies as she puts back the fish cake into the basket, takes the basket from Donghae, and leaves that poor guy behind.

Donghae only chuckles for losing to Yoona.

They are already done buying what they wanted to buy and they are already on their way to Donghae’s house. They are walking since it is not really that far. Donghae is eating takoyaki that he just bought.

“You are only eating by yourself...” Yoona grumbles.

“Kekeke, Yoongie-ah... just tell me if you want a taste, here... open your mouth.” Donghae feeds Yoona. At first, Yoona is taken back.

“Aaaahhhh...” Donghae says, ordering Yoona to open and finally the girl obeys him.

“It is delicious, isn’t it?!” Asked Donghae.

“Nehhh...” Answered Yoona when someone bumps into her.

“Aahhhh!!!” Yoona exclaims, her bags fall on the ground and her things are scattered out around.

The bumper is a stranger who looks like in a hurry. He tried to help Yoona and Donghae at first but Yoona declined it and she said that she is alright. The bumper apologizes and then leaves them.

Yoona is collecting her things. Donghae is helping her.

“Aishhh... I forget to give the photo sticker to grandpa.” Yoona mumbles when she picks up the photo sticker.

“Hmmmm... I guess I’ll just give it to him later when I visit him on new year holiday.” She says again, putting back the photo sticker inside her bag.

Donghae offers her book to her and that is the last thing that is scattered out from her bag.

“Yoong... let me see the photo sticker.” Donghae asks.

Yoona confusedly offers the photo sticker.

Donghae observes the photo sticker. He is talking with himself.

“Oh my... I forget one important thing.” He whispers to himself.

“Yoona’s grandpa will pass away before the new year due to serious illness. Yoona won’t ever have the chance to give the photo sticker to him. ” He talks to himself again.

He stares at Yoona.

“Haechi... what’s wrong?”

“Ahh... Yoong... let’s go back to the train station. We still have time to give th ephoto sticker to your grandpa.” Donghae voices out.

“Kekeke... it’s fine... I’ll just give it to him the next time we meet.” Yoona replies.

“No... don’t wait. Give it to him today.” Donghae orders Yoona.

“But...”

“We still can make it... let’s go.” Donghae insists.

“Why are you suddenly telling me this?!” Yoona keeps rejecting.

“Nehhh... let’s go! Let’s go back!!! Let’s find your grandpa.”

“I told you it’s fine Haechi!!!” Yoona gazes at Donghae’s eyes. “Let’s go to your house now. Everyone is waiting. I’ll definetely give the photo sticker to him when I visit him later. Got it?”

“NO!!! YOU SHOULD DO IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!” Donghae abruptly shouts. “You can’t think that he’ll always be there whenever you want him to be there. Go see him. Go see him more often Yoongie-ahhh. Go see him whenever you feel like you want to see him. Tell him you what you want to tell him right away. Don’t wait... don’t procrastinate... or you’ll regret it like me... Those who say they’ll do it tomorrow are idiots!!!” Donghae finishes his paragraph and then he takes Yoona’s hand.”

They run together to the train station.

Inside his heart, Donghae just doesn’t want Yoona to feel such pain he is feeling. The pain of being regretful. Taht kind of pain... he just doesn’t want Yoona to experience that.

They are already in the train station. They are looking through every direction but there is no sign of Yoona’s grandpa.

They keep looking. They keep running in every corner.

And then, finally... “There... Yoong... there...” Yoona’s grandpa is about to enter the train.

Yoona is a bit exhausted from running actually. She is panting.

“Grandpaaaa!!!” She shouts but her grandpa can’t hear her at this first attempt.

“GRANDPAAAAAA!!!” She shouts with all her might now and her grandpa hears it.

The old man turns his body and he can only smile to see Donghae and Yoona approaching him. Yoona takes some breaths before handing over the photo sticker.

“Here... I forget to g-give you th-this...” Yoona is still panting.

Her grandpa looks surprised but it doesn’t fail to show the happiness in his face. He takes a look at the photo and laughs, saying “It isn’t that bad kekekeke. We look good neh? Kekeke. Thank you Yoona-yah...”

They hug each other after that and after that the old man steps into the train.

“Donghae-ah... thank you very much.” The old man bows to Donghae and Donghae returns the bow. The train then leaves and Donghae and Yoona go back to Donghae’s house.

...

“His loyalty to love... in the end... makes me hate him so much. Why does he need to leave me alone? Why?” Yoona can’t hold her tears anymore.

“Yoona-yah...” This is the first time Hyoyeon talks informally and affectionately to Yoona.

“I want you to learn this from me.” The old lady continues. “Keeping your hatred is toxic. It will hurt you from inside. We think that hatred is the best weapon we have to attack those who we hate. But, hatred is a double-edged sword. The hatred will also pain ourself in the end.”

Hyoyeon takes a short break.

“Forgive... Yoona-yah... forgive... we are born with a pure heart. Without hatred. And when we die... we will also forget all our hatred. Our soul will be free from hatred. But now, here... you need to learn first how you can hate someone, how it can happen to you, why you can hate, why you don’t need to hate anymore... why you need to forgive...” Hyoyeon stands up and she caresses Yoona’s hair.

“You need to forgive your father Yoona-yah...”

And just like that, Hyoyeon disappears from there. She is not in front of Yoona’s anymore. Everything turns balck and white again, except that stunning Venus-Hyoyeon cafe.

Yoona stands up, walking to the cafe. She gets closer and closer.

Through the glass window, she can see her parents in the corner. Their faces are not that clear. It’s blur.

“I still hate you though...” Yoona sobbingly mumbles.

“But... I’ll promise you... I’ll forgive you... you are my father after all...” She is crying.

“I hope we can meet so I you can hear me calling you dad... ok??? Ok??? Can you hear me???” She is crying even harder.

“Can you hear me dad??? Dad...???”

Yoona wipes her tears and once she looks into the cafe again, she can see a waiter, a girl, a very beautiful girl, serve the customers with her smile.

That waiter girl then looks through Yoona’s eyes. Their eyes meet.

Yoona knows, that girl is the young Hyoyeon.

This young Hyoyeon then smiles to Yoona and she is nodding.

After that... Yoona knows her time is up in here. She has learned the third lesson.

The wind blows. It is really cold and as Yoona wants to get a better look of her parents, everything is already black.

...

Donghae and Yoona are only several houses away from Donghae’s house when they see a couple kissing in the street.

“Aigooo...” Yoona comments.

“Waeyoo?” Donghae asks.

“Isn’t this a public space?” Yoona lowers her voice.

“Kekekeke... but isn’t it normal? I mean... kissing your lover in the street.” Donghae tells Yoona.

“Whatever...” Yoona grumbles.

“Don’t tell me... you never had a kiss before?” Donghae starts teasing, forgetting about his initial plan to have a proper first kiss.

“What’s wrong with that though?” Yoona looks pissed off and it gives Donghae the signal about his initial plan. Yoona already walks faster now, leaving Donghae. Donghae chases her.

“Yoonggg...!!!”

“Neh...” Yoona replies. She doesn’t even bother to turn her head. She just keeps walking. She still sounds mad.

“Actually... I never had a kiss before too...” Donghae admitted.

“This is your chance Lee Donghae!!!” Donghae cheers himself up.

Donghae grabs Yoona’s hand again. He forces Yoona to face him. Yoona can’t help but to allow the force leads her.

“I can’t believe that you actually forget it Lee Donghae!!!” Suddenly Yoona says.

“What???” Donghae exclaims.

“You stole my first kiss back then!!! I wasn’t going to tell you this actually but it is really annoying.” Yoona looks serious.

“Ehhh??? When did I steal your first kiss?”

“Yahhhhh!!! It was when we were still in the elementary school. It was on our sport day! Haechi and I were in the three-legged race when we fell and accidentally kissed! I can’t believe you forget it and even teased me just right now! You are really the worst!” Yoona pushes away Donghae’s hand but they are still facing each other.

“But... how can that be counted as your first kiss?” Donghae argues.

“Then who are you to decide whether it is counted or not? It’s my right, isn’t it?! Teasing me and you don’t even remember that... aishhh... Haechi... you always forget important things and only remember useless things, don’t yo-”

This time, Yoona is being cut. She is being cut because her lips are touched by Donghae’s lips. Donghae kisses her suddenly. For several seconds, they can taste each other’s lips.

Donghae breaks the kiss and Yoona looks confused.

“This one... is first kiss. It is your first kiss. It is also my first kiss.”

He inhales some air.

“It is just unfair that I forget that first kiss you talked about.” Donghae continues.

“I... I lo.. I lo-” Donghae is ready to confess but he is being cut this time.

“PLAKK!”

“What are you doing?!!!” Yoona shouts and slaps Donghae’s cheek.

“Yahhh... you don’t have to hit me Yoo-”

“PLAK!!!” Yoona slaps him again.

“You don’t have to hit me twice, do you?!”

“The second one for... for grandpa... because if he knows you kiss me then he will surely hit you!” Reasoned Yoona as she turns herself and runs from where they are. This time, she is leaving Donghae with a happiness inside her heart.

Hearing what Yoona said before, Donghae is taken by a pleasant surprise but he forgets that he fails to confess again.

“Yahhh!!! Yoong... I still want to tell you something!” He exclaims but it is too late. Yoona is still running. Donghae can only continue walking towards his home.

When Donghae arrives at his own house. He greets his grandmother first who is resting in her bedroom and then goes to the garden where everyone is already heating up for the barbecue party.

“Donghae-ah... hurry up... we are taking a photo with a self-timer.” Sooyoung calls him to join the line.

Donghae looks for Yoona. When their eyes meet, Yoona quickly avoids Donghae’s eyes. Donghae smiles and then joins the line.

He gets two slaps rather than one slap this time but he is happy with the difference he has made even though he failed to confess again.

“Click.”

The photo is taken and Donghae is sent back to the present. He is already in the hospital room. The others are still frozen. He looks at the photo and it has changed once again. Yoona smiles in that photo.

“Even kissing didn’t work as well...” Donghae mumbles. He actually hopes that when he comes back to the present, everything will be different. Yoona is not in the hospital and he is the one who will be marrying her. But, in fact, it doesn’t change at all.

“Aishhhh... what can I do to make it work?”

“You made a good improvement. I actually didn’t expect it.” Donghae hears Jessica’s voice.

“Isn’t everything still the same?” Donghae responds.

“That’s from your perspective Donghae-sshi.”

Donghae doesn’t understand what Jessica means and before he can ask any firther, Jessica makes her statement first.

“Be ready Donghae-sshi. I have a bad news for you and I want to inform you about it actually... but yeah... you’ll know it by yourself.” She snaps her fingers and everything goes normal again. Donghae is left speechless.

“What kind of bad news is it?” He ponders.

~TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY FOR YOONA~

“Thank you Khun...”

Yoona waved to Nichkhun who just accompanied her home from Donghae’s house. They just had a barbecue party there together with everyone else.

While Kyuhyun was responsible for Seohyun and Siwon insisted to send Sooyoung home, Nichkhun offered Yoona himself to her and she couldn’t reject it.

“It’s nothing Yoona-yah.”

“Bye... see you tomorrow...” Yoona was about to leave Nichkhun when the latter called her again.

“Yoona-yah...”

“Neh???”

“Thank you.”

“What for?”

“For saying see you tomorrow...”

“Ehhh??? I don’t understand Khun-ah...”

“That means we’ll see again tomorrow right?!” Nichkhun simply sayid.

“Well... we are going to same class after all.” Yoona explained.

“I know it... just... I am really happy because of that. Bye!” Then Nichkhun left with his car, leaving Yoona confused. She was wondering about it but decided to take it as a friendly thing.

Today was a special day for Yoona.

She got her “real” first kiss from Donghae.

She also got the first sign from Nichkhun.



**********

A/N
I am really sorry because I don't scan this chapter again. There are so many mistakes I guess but I hope you can overlook it kekekeke.

And yeah...

For now... just think that Jessica is different from Sooyeon and Eunhyuk is different from Hyukjae...
Who they really are will be explained later in the end ;p

Btw, I think I will have 4/5 chapters more ;p