At First Sight

See You | 내가 일어날 때 서로 봐
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An orange shade of the sunset completes the whole summer sunset scenario. The entire week had been so dry and warm, giving the villagers a chance to jog in the mornings and walk around in afternoons.

The weather calms me as I lean my head on the steel bar along the horizontal and sloped chair of the bus stop. Just as I close my eyes, I heard someone.

"Hey." A voice uttered when I was scrolling through my phone. At first, I ignored it, thinking it was just my imagination and the fact that I was alone in there. That deep voice uttered again, "Hey, until when will you act like you're not hearing me?"

He talked like he knew me. I gazed at him. He was slightly tan and his eyes were as wild as a wolf's. "Hey... Uhm, do you know me?" I asked. He smirked, sitting beside me and making me squirm a little like who knows what this guy is up to?

 "Nope, that's why I'd like to know what should I call you." he said. I rubbed the back of my head, feeling uncomfortable for having a stranger ask for my name. The look in his eyes are kind of hypnotizing, but I managed not to fall for whatever he tries to show me. During the first half of that moment, I was skeptical about him. If he was really just being friendly or if he has some motive, I have no idea.

He told me about his life, what he does, and his interests even if I haven't told him anything about me yet. I learned that he loves to dance, he goes to his dance company every Saturday teaching trainees. Then, I asked him if he sings, but he can't.

I found myself listening and nodding to everything he says. That once awkard talk grew comfortable in just a few minutes. Maybe his informal talk towards me got rid of that akwardness. He talked to me like we had a talk long before this day.

I told him my name after realizing he wasn't the bad guy I imagined, "I'm Lee Yoon Seul..." He smiled after hearing my name, "Yoon Seul... Your name... It reminds me of a pearl."

I chuckled. My parents named me 'Yoon Seul' because they wanted to treat me like a pearl. When I asked them why they named me 'Yoon Seul', they said it suits my rounded eyes.

I told him about the origin of my name, he just laughed and his eyes turned into two half-moons. Moon-like eyes buy me. I like seeing people with that kind of smile because I find them really pretty.

"That's a pretty name." he says.

His name is Kim Jong In.

 

--

 

A week passed like I only slept for a night and the next day, it's another week. Same air, same shade of orange, same smell of the greeneries at each road side. Overall, it's the same setting.

"Thirsty?" I heard his voice again, handing me a can of juice. It has been a week since I met him and we always find each other at the bus stop, sharing our thoughts and laughing from his silly jokes. That's how we started. He had just gone from the dance studio, but even a droplet of his exhaustion from teaching dance is barely flowing on his face.

I took the can of juice and said, "I want to see you dance..." I've always wanted to watch someone dance. No one knows how much I'd loved to dance. He replied me a smile, more or like, a grin. I wasn't sure. Every angelic gesture he makes would turn out y. "I want to hear you sing too." blinking his eyes like a puppy and trying to convince me. This one's obviously not y, but the cutest face he ever showed me. I have told him that singing is one of my past times, aside from reading books.

He brought me to his dance studio where all lights were off, indicating that the Saturday class is over and that the students and other dance teachers had gone home.

He switched the lights on. The lights were fluorescent, covered with a crystallized design pattern of transparent fiber glass. He pushed the glass sliding door, and gestured me to enter the room first.

I wandered around, watching my movements from the wall mirror. It's my first time seeing a practice room. It's my first time moving around where I can watch every part of my body movements. My mirror at home isn't as big and wide as what is in front of me now. Mine was only three-fourth of my closet.

"This was an abandoned building that was renovated. They say a lot of spirits wander around here." he suddenly said, making me squirm towards him, and unintentionally gripping his forearm. I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter