Dream vs. Reality

See You | 내가 일어날 때 서로 봐
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai’s POV (as Kim Joon Myun or Suho)

It has been a month since I left my brother, Kim Jong In, alone. I've always been asking God to give me a chance to save my brother. Jong In told me about this girl he always see around their school.

He even gave me a picture of this girl, named Lee Yoon Seul.

I died on a summer night after finishing the novel i've been reading for a week before my death, later I just found that i'm destined to suffer from Leukemia. Nightmare took my life before it becomes difficult for me to suffer from Leukemia. They thought I just died because of a nightmare, I also died with a heavy pain on my heart, thinking that my life is a waste.

I hoped so much for my brother to meet this girl soon. I want my brother to be happy. He has been alone since I left him. Our parents died from a car accident a year after my brother’s 5th birthday.

I thought I should go over this girl's dream and use my brother's body. And pretend as my brother.  If I succeeded this mission, my brother will be happy for the rest of his life.

'Kai' is what I sometimes call to my brother, but he doesn't like it. I used the name Kai as an alias.

I hope Jong In fell for the right girl. I hope so.

A guy came to me, with rich eye whites, he’s Do Kyung Soo. He’s also dead. He died from a heart attack. He wasn’t able to fall in love; any extreme emotions would be an anytime cause of his death. And then once he fell, and was left, he was heartbroken. His heart was too weak to take that pain that eventually took over his life. He was my childhood friend.

*Suho’s flashback (afterlife)

He walked over to me “Has your brother recovered?” He asked. Today’s the day my brother was hit by a car. Both were unluckily found unconscious. It has been a week since he was rushed to the hospital. “He’s fine now.” I answered.

“Suho-hyung, you know, the car that caused the accident was driven by that girl, Lee Yoon Seul.” Kyungsoo suddenly said. My heart throbbed. That girl. The one my brother likes. I thought for a while. “She is?”

And then I noticed light coming towards us, and when it drew closer, I saw my parents figure turning clear while light disappeared.  Kyungsoo disappeared, as well. They whispered my name and it echoed along the place, “Joon Myun…”

My tears fell. I finally saw them, after 15 years. “Mom, dad…” I muttered and then they walked over to me, giving me an embrace, a tight one. I’ve longed to see them.

“We know how you loved your brother. We’re proud of you, son, for being responsible enough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter