The Diary

See You | 내가 일어날 때 서로 봐
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I missed him this much, it’s the 4th week of his disappearance. I decided to go over his house after my class. No one is answering when I call. Too desperate to see him, I climbed over the gate, which is as high as my chest.. The place was shaded by the shadows of the beams by the porch at Kai’s house. The door through the living room was unlocked as I continuously tiptoed up to there. I called his name, “Kai?”… No one’s answering, the place was covered with silence, and it seems no one’s around, even Kai. I traveled the whole house, tiptoeing, looking for a room where I predicted he must be lying in there. A door near the kitchen was slightly opened, that made me felt strange, that he might be there.

"Kai?" I called as I opened the door,. I missed him. No one knows how much I've longed to see him. I entered the white-walled room, clothes were scattered around the floor, clock ticking from the living room made the house turn haunted. Only the crumpled bed sheets were left, but not his presence. I traveled around the room. And at his side table, I saw a notebook. Just as I opened it, my pulse started to beat abnormally. It’s his diary. I scanned and flipped all over the pages bringing me up to the latest written date, 2014-24-08. I took a seat at the mattress and started to read.

It was from a month ago. That was the last day I saw him. I caressed the page with my palm, and read. I counted the days before the date written, and today’s September 21.

2014-24-08

It has been a month, but no progress. Yoon Seul kept ignoring me. I wonder what the reason is. I missed talking to her. I think, it’s time to give up. I came to realize, I should stop chasing her. I think she’s annoyed. I won’t chase her again. I won’t call her again. Today’s the last.

I felt guilty reading that page. I turned to the older pages and kept reading.

2014-02-06

Finally, I saw her again. I missed seeing her at school. I wouldn’t forget the day I talked to him at the library

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter