His Kiss

See You | 내가 일어날 때 서로 봐
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel I've been staying up for days without sleep. The never-ending school works given by professors, who take no motion but flip over the pages you've put a lot of your words into and then...done! They barely read through pages. How funny efforts are being wasted, after those times you spent just to finish everything. I took a glass for a drink and as I open the fridge, only making me more unsatisfied with life, is the empty water containers inside. I felt like I found an oasis after finding that remaining water container inside.

Today, same routine. After school, I’d wait at the bus stop. My unsatisfaction disappears as soon as he arrives there a few minutes after I took a sit at the same sloped bench.

A strike of wind suddenly hits my face and blows my hair. As my hair finally drifts into my face awfully, I heard him laugh as I brushed my fingers through the strands of hair scattered on my face. "Why don't you cut your hair?" He said, leaning on the steel bar with his arms and legs crossed. "No." I said and he chuckled. He was wearing this red cap again, and I think it would always look cool on him even he wears it for a million times.

He dragged me to the dance studio again. I had no idea he'd take me there. It's like he could just drag me everywhere whenever he wants.

We ran on our way and he was holding my hand until we got there. His hand was soft but it felt a bit rough by the lines on his palm. He slumped on the shiny floorboard, gesturing me to sit beside him. And there, another round of ridiculous conversation started.

And just as we suddenly lost something to talk about, the atmosphere suddenly changed. He looked at me in a very serious way, trying to say something but I noticed he couldn't.

"Th-there's a cockroach." He said pointing his forefinger to the floor near me. Just as I heard the word 'cockroach', my body squirmed close to him and there he caught me by his arm.

For the second time, we paused, without realizing we were already staring at each other's eyes. Those wolf-like eyes remained and they're like trying to say something that I couldn't grasp. "The cockroach..." I muttered, while still staring at him. I watched his face, waiting for his reaction, expecting that he would find where the cockroach had gone, but he ended up saying something weird, "I'm the cockroach..." he smirked and I was just blown away. That wasn't funny at all. Right before I could even say anything, he stopped me by placing his forefinger on my lips and kissed me.

My eyes turned wide and half of my body felt numb. That kiss... What was that for? Does this means... No, Yoon Seul... Pleaseeeeee... It took him seconds to pull away and uttered something. His hand was cupping my jaw that his thumb has reached my cheeks. "This Kim Jong In... in front of you... Likes you.."

I can't explain what I feel. Last time, I was just wondering if he likes me too, but now, knowing that he does, an uncontrollable motion began to occur inside me. My heart pumped like it's going to burst underneath my white uniform.

I wasn't sure if I heard it right so I gave him a skeptical look, "Wh-what?"

He chuckled pulling his hand from my jaw and stood up, dusting off his pants. I remained sitting there, still not knowing what just happened. He lends his hand to me and pulled me up forcefully that I nearly bumped my face into his chest. I could smell his scent, a combination of a boyish perfume and his perspiration of his overworked body from dancing. He then pulled the back of my head that finally made my face bury into his chest covered with a plain white t-shirt wetted by his perspiration.

Right there, I heard his heartbeat, it's fast, really fast... "How's my heartbeat?" He asks.

"Fast." I answered, still listening to that fast pumping of his chest.

"This heart is weak, but because of you, it's like this... It's not breaking even if it's fast. You... Have to take care of this..." He said and pulled away, grabbing my hand through his chest.

--

 I still can't forget what happened. His kiss, his words, his heartbeat; they won't let me sleep. All I did was stare at the ceiling, eavesdropping at the tiny sounds of the nocturnal creatures outside.

My phone suddenly rang and his name flashed on my phone screen. Yoon Seul, look outside! He says from the other line. I rushed at my window; he was waving his hand while his other hand turned the call off, and shouted "Lee Yoon Seul!"

It's already late and he's here?I gestured him a hush and ran downstairs to get  a closer look at him 'cause that's what I've always wanted to look at. I was wearing my pajamas, but didn't bother to think of that.

He was grinning as I  reach there, I opened the gate and let him in.

"Why are you here this late?"  I whispered as we both enter the house, he shrugged. "You don't know? Don't you sleep too? 'Cause me, I have to." I said. I have class for tomorrow and he's here, how can I sleep now?

"Let's sleep together." He says that made me g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter