the great escape part 1

Crazy

chapter 9


 

/Baekhyun's POV/

The last time I checked the wall clock, it was 4:30 AM. I helped Taeyeon get off through the wall. I saw where Kyungsoo had parked my car. I looked around to see if the coast was clear. I grabbed Taeyeon by the hand and rushed to my car. The car was just open, with the keys hanging inside. I guess Kyungsoo just left it there. I was relieved no one tried to carnap my baby. Taeyeon and I got in the car slowly.

"That was close," Taeyeon said, "Let's drive away now."

"Are you really sure about this? If we push this through, maybe your stay in St. Dymphna's will be longer as expected," I asked her.

She nodded her head, "Don't worry, Byun Baekhyun-ssi. I already know the consequences of what we're doing. Anyway, we're also helping Kai in this. Don't be afraid."

I bit my lip. I don't want to cause any trouble, but here's to happiness. I turned the engine on. The airconditioner was cooling the both of us. I checked the back seat to see what Wendy left for us. There was a bag of clothes for me, homemade cookies, my wallet which was filled with cash and my credit cards, house keys, mobile phone and a few medicines. After that, I started driving away from the back gate of St. Dymphna's Mental Institution.

"Bombs away!" Taeyeon yelled while looking at St. Dymphna's from afar. I laughed. I never thought she could be this happy. I the radio and browsed a few stations. It was almost 5 in the morning.

"Where are we going?" I asked Taeyeon.

"Let's find an inn first, shall we?" Taeyeon suggested.

I drove farther until we found this inn. It was spacious and filled with plants. It kind of reminded me of St. Dymphna's, but the inn's interior was really classy. I hope this would fit my budget. Wendy gave me enough money, but not like the money I bring every day when I was still the dashing CEO of our company.

The receptionist said that there was a twin bedroom available. And it was also affordable. We took it immediately. Just as we were about to take the keys and go, Taeyeon's stomach grumbled.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Of course. We haven't eaten breakfast yet, silly," Taeyeon replied. She was touching her stomach. I chuckled.

"Miss? Do you serve breakfast here? My friend here is hungry," I told the receptionist.

The receptionist smiled and pointed at a corner, "Yes, Sir. We serve delicious food for our guests. You can just go over there and order."

"Thank you," I thanked her.

Taeyeon and I ordered delicious pancakes matched with sweet syrup. She had orange juice while I had hot chocolate. Just as she was eating, I started staring at her.

"Hey, is there something in my eye? You've been looking at me," Taeyeon said upon noticing me.

"Um, nothing. I'm just amused at how you eat," I replied.


/KAI'S POV/

I was getting ready for the usual routine when the nurse knocked on my door. I looked at the other bed. It was wrapped with so many blankets and a head-like pillow to fool nurses. I opened the door.

"Kim Jong In-ssi? Byun Baekhyun-ssi?" the female nurse asked.

I looked behind my shoulder. I should lie for Baekhyun's sake.

"I'm ready to take my bath, Nurse. It's just that my friend Baekhyun was visited by the head nurse and the doctor awhile ago because they checked his vital signs. He's sick, badly sick. I also heard the patient next door named Kim Taeyeon is also sick. There must be a fever outbreak here. Don't bother calling both of them for bath time," I told the nurse.

"Is that so? Strange. I haven't really seen..."

"Saw it with my eyes, Nurse. Now if you would just excuse me, I'll get my clothes and my towel ready," I said as I motioned to my sleeping attire. The nurse shrieked upon seeing my skin.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you. Excuse me."

"And oh, please call me Kai. Not Kim Jong In."


/Taeyeon's POV/

I made Baekhyun do a selfie with me. We were enjoying the inn's aura. We started unloading our stuff inside our room. After that, I asked Baekhyun if I could make a call to Yoona.

He gave his phone to me without hesitation. I dialed Yoona's number, which I memorized perfectly. I waited for her to pick up her phone.

/Yeoboseyo? Im Yoona speaking./

/Yoona-ya! What are you doing right now?/

/Taeyeon? I'm blow drying my hair. I'm about to go to the law firm after this./

/You are absolutely not a morning person, Yoona./

/Why? Hmmm.... Wait a sec. Why are you calling me through mobile? I thought St. Dymphna's had no mobile phones. This is strange. Don't tell me.... you've escaped!/

/Uh-huh. I escaped, together with my friend from the mental institution named Byun Baekhyun!/

/Taeyeon-unnie, please! Why did you escape? You're causing a lot of trouble. Does your family know?/

/Nope. I'm doing this secretly. Do me a favor./

/Nuh-uh. I'm not going to tolerate what you're doing, Taeyeon-unnie./

/I'm going to explain everything once we see each other./

/Now I'm really believing you've gone insane, unnie!/

/Listen to me! I'm serious here. I'll go to your law firm later and make sure no one else sees me or Baekhyun. Understand?/

/If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be agreeing to this. Fine. Lunch time, 'cause I'm busy. Okay?/

/I just really love you, Im Yoona./

/Whatever, Kim Taeyeon-unnie!/

She hung the call up. And I just laughed. Yoona was freaking out when she realized I escaped from the "mental hospital". Baekhyun and I head out of the inn and planned to go to the mall.

"I'm going to surprise Dad by spending a lot through my credit cards. He might think someone stole it," Baekhyun said as he was driving.

"Why?"

"All the letters from the bank land into my Dad's study," he responded.

"Well, that's badass. Will you let me shop, then?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Of course."

So we were acting like happy kids in the mall. We entered one boutique to another. Then, we stopped by Forever 21. I went to the ladies' section first. Baekhyun was watching me from a corner. He was leaning against the wall, bored. Boys don't appreciate these stuff. But anyway, I just want to try on some clothes.

I went to the fitting room to try a few dresses. I went out each time to let Baekhyun see.  I don't know why, but all of a sudden he's being serious. On my count, I think it took him 10 seconds before he could say, "Not bad. Get it."

By his advice, I bought two dresses of my choice. To be fair, I also let Baekhyun find his own favorites too. We went to this boutique that had classy men's apparel. And he started fitting a few clothes. I sat down and waited for him patiently. Then, a female clerk approached me.

"Agassi, are you his girlfriend?" the female clerk asked.

Wow, I'm surprised. Clerks rarely ask personal questions. I shook my head, "No."

"You really look good with each other. Actually, Baekhyun-ssi never brought any girl in this store so far," the clerk said.

I just brushed her comment off. "You know him?"

She nodded her head. "CEO of Byun Group. He's the dutiful prince of one of Seoul's largest companies. He has a younger brother who comes here often as well. I guess this is their favorite boutique."

"Oh. He never brought any girl here?"

"Uh-huh."

This is weird. Should I feel great because I'm the first girl to accompany him here?

Baekhyun got out of the fitting room. He was wearing this sleek blue polo and black slacks. "How's this, Kim Taeyeon-ssi? Do I look good?"

His Rolex added the touch to his CEO look. My jaw almost dropped when I saw him. He looked undeniably handsome. I gulped and said, "You look great."

The female clerk was eyeing both of us. This is really awkward.

Baekhyun turned around, "Ah, I just miss wearing these clothes."

I stood up and adjusted his collars. "So this is how you look like when you're not in that place."

He smiled. "Yeah. You're not used to it, aren't you?"

"Mmm-hmm."


 

 

 

Ta-da~! This is still the first part of Taeyeon and Baekhyun's escapade. I am actually enjoying how they are interacting in the story. Thank you, by the way...to the new subscribers of this story. Please give "Crazy" lots of love... especially this Christmas season. Speaking of Christmas, have you guys heard EXO's December, 2014 The Winter's Tale? God, Baekhyun's voice is so y! Anyway, comments for this update are highly appreciated. I want to know how you think of this story so far.

Advance Merry Christmas, guys! I'll be updating again, soon. (It's Christmas break btw)