Seulgi's graduation

Crazy

 

chapter 7


 

/Taeyeon's POV/

At last, I stepped out of St. Dymphna's. My heart was pounding really hard. I couldn't wait to see my family again. I couldn't wait to see the tall buildings in the heart of Seoul. I couldn't wait to finally feel that I'm still alive. On the other hand, I'm afraid. What if this chance to get out of St. Dymphna's will still be a tragedy to me? What if everything creeps in to me once again and I start to overthink how my life has been?

With Dad assisting me, I got inside our car. It's been half a year since I haven't ridden on this old car Dad's been driving.

"I hope I can permanently bring you home, my dear," Dad said as he squeezed my palm gently.

"I hope so, too", I replied.

I thought of Baekhyun as we drove away from the institution. We had it all planned. He'd break through the institution at night, when dinner's over and everyone's getting ready to rest at their rooms. Kai knows, so he's got it all covered. We're going to complete our bucket list no matter what happens.

The view of Seoul makes my heart skip a beat. Seoul is really beautiful. With historical structures from the past colliding with modern industiralized structures, cheerful people and a bright sunny weather, Seoul always gives me a good vibe. I've been to many places in South Korea, including my parents' province. But nothing compares to the beauty of Seoul.

Dad took a turn. I know where he's taking me. He's taking me straight to Seulgi's graduation ceremony at her university. I'm glad she's able to take another milestone in her life. I hope she won't be like me. Not that I'm degrading myself, but I just want her to fall in love in the right time and with the right person. I don't want her to experience what I have experienced.

Dad parked the car. He stopped the engine and got out first. Dad was a gentleman. Whether it's mom, me, grandmother, Seulgi or any woman she knows who sits beside him during a drive, he always gets out first and opens the door for the lady. I took my seatbelt off. As Dad opened the door, I thanked him.

He led me to a sea of triumphant parents and proud students. I rushed to Dad to find Seulgi and Mom. Dad told me there would be a big celebration at home, with both sides of the family. I'm nervous. What will they say when they see me? Did I lose weight? Do I look sane now?

Seulgi was there, taking pictures with Mom. I ran to her and called her name. "Seulgi-ah!"

"Unnie!"

We hugged each other tightly. I felt her tears drop to my shoulders. I cupped her face and said, "Don't cry. Your makeup will be ruined."

"I'm sorry. It's just that... I didn't expect you to come today. I never knew. How did you get out of that place?" Seulgi asked.

"The doctor allowed me. It's okay. I'm here now."

"But you're still coming back there, right?"

"Hush. What's important now is that I'm here to witness your special day."

She smiled and hugged me again. I was about to cry, seeing my parents smile at us. I know they had dreams for us. I also saw that smile when I graudated. But today is different.

The students were ordered to go to their respective places since the ceremony is about to start. I took my Mom's camera and started snapping photos of my younger sister. She's grown into a fine young woman now.


When we went home, Seulgi showed off her medals and her diploma to the whole family. They all shouted in glee as they saw Seulgi. I could see that the dining table was already set. Maybe Mom's friends helped out in cooking all of the food. Maybe this is it. This might be time wherein I'll be able to eat the best food in town, not those hospital food I keep on eating every day.

My relatives recognized me, asked me how I've been, hugged me and acted as if they were showing sympathy to me. Come on. I know I'm from St. Dymphna's. But can't they see? I'm trying to recover. I'm recovering. I'm not the girl who was about to get married. I'm not the girl who lost her boyfriend. No. 

We ate together, even if our house was not that huge. I still felt bitter with all the side comments I've been hearing about me being a mental patient. I just heaved a sigh. Welcome to reality, Kim Taeyeon.

Someone tapped me on my shoulder. I looked back. It was none other than Yoona. She hugged me and sat beside me as we ate together.

"I missed you so much," Yoona said.

"You haven't visited me," I grumbled.

"Sorry. I was just busy with all my clients," Yoona apologized.

"I was just kidding. I know how hard it is to be a lawyer. It's more than what common people know. And I'm still thankful that you were able to defend Suho even if he's not here already."

"Well, it's my job."

Yoona took a sip of her juice and sat silently. She was still this beautiful girl who made all the boys scream when she passed by. Her brown hair looked really perfect. I envied her before, but now I understand. Yoona's pretty. She's got almost everything, except for a mother's love and real love from a man.

"No time for dating, Yoong?" I asked.

She giggled, "Well... I've been seeing someone," Yoona answered.

"Give me background information about that guy. Okay?"

She laughed. "Sure. I'll tell you when I'm okay with him already. How about you? No time for dating, Taengoo?"

"Who gives a damn about dating when you're trapped inside an institution and all you have to do is follow the daily schedule?"

"Oh come on! Aren't there any good-looking patients?"

"There's one. His name is Byun Baekhyun."

"His name is familiar."

I told Yoona about all of the things I've learned in the past few weeks. Baekhyun's identity, my roommate Jessica leaving, Kai arriving and his story about the Jungs.... I told everything to my reliable best friend. She paid attention to me.

"Is Kai willing to defend his right?" Yoona questioned.

"I don't know about him. But I don't think so. We're trying to get him reunite with Krystal, " I said.

"That's thoughtful of you."

"It's not just my idea. It's also Baekhyun's."


The night came and the guests started leaving. I helped Mom and some aunts clean up the house. Afterwards, I asked Dad if I could go out and wander the streets for awhile. Well.... that was an alibi. I'm going to the cemetery to meet Baekhyun and my deceased boyfriend, Suho. I don't want my family to know. They might suspect that I'm still not okay. I'm just completing the bucket list, that's all.

To my surprise, Dad agreed. He even offered to give me a ride, but I refused. I know he's tired. Seulgi's tired. So as Mom. I told them to take a rest and not worry about me. I'd be okay.

I took a cab all the way to the cemetery and checked the time. It's 8:45 PM. Perfect timing. Baekhyun must be there already. I laid my head near the window of the cab. To be honest, I'm tired as well. It's like I've got the feeling of being jetlagged. From the acid-washed walls to the big city of Seoul, my head couldn't really adjust to the changes. And everything feels so new right now. Back then, I would come home from a trip and then I would go somewhere and see Suho alive. But now, I'm back from a mental institution and I'm going to the cemetery to see my deceased Suho's grave.

I got off after paying the driver. It was a 10-minute drive. It was already dark and the cemetery looked really creepy. I a flashlight I got from my bag. The place was giving me chills. But I'm going to continue walking. A promise is a promise.

When I got to the bone chamber, I saw Baekhyun examining Suho's picture. I smiled. I never thought he'd make it. Baekhyun was wearing a dark blue beanie, a black shirt covered with his striped cardigan, jeans and slippers. I wanted to scare him, but that would make the cats shriek as well.

"Baekhyun-ssi..." I called him.

He looked at me and smiled. "It's nice to see you in the outside world, Kim Taeyeon."

I sat beside him. He gave me Suho's picture. My heart ached when I saw Suho's picture. I missed him. For half a year, I forgot how his voice sounds like. I forgot how his touch felt like. Was I betraying him for trying to forget him? I lay my head on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Suho-ya, I'm back. I'm sorry for living such a miserable life after you died. I just... I just don't wanna continue life without you," I said.

Baekhyun started patting my head. I continued talking to Suho's "presence". "But you know what, I'm still glad. Because I learned a lot through your death. Now, I'm feeling a lot better even if you're not here beside me. You won't be forgotten. Suho-ya...it would be much better if you're going to help me find my happiness soon. I know you want me to be happy."


 

/Baekhyun's POV/

Kim Taeyeon, if only you knew how hard it was to come here.

I managed to escape the institution by taking a route wherein no cameras were located. I climbed a few walls and got out. I haven't even worn shoes. Instead, I wore slippers. I'm glad Kai was able to help me out.

When I arrived at the cemetery, I asked the guard where the bone chamber might be. He helped me find Suho. When I finally met Suho, I bowed down. I said a little prayer for his soul. Right after, I grabbed his picture and looked at him. As a male, I could say Suho's really handsome. He's got milky white skin and perfect facial features. I think his eyes was his best feature.

"Suho-ssi. I know you don't know me yet. My name is Byun Baekhyun and I'm Taeyeon's....friend from the institution. Right, I kinda need mental help. That's why I was placed there. It's actually shameful for a CEO like me to end up there. Enough about me. I know about you and Taeyeon. She loves you so much. I don't know how to say this.... but I think I fell for your girl. I mean, who can't fall for her? She's funny, honest, pretty, understanding... she's got everything I've been looking for. But her heart still belongs to you. Suho-ssi, you're not here anymore. Please, please allow me to take care of Taeyeon even just for once. Allow me to make her smile whenever she misses you."

I noticed the rustling of the leaves. I looked back and saw Taeyeon standing from afar.


 

hey hey hey! :) it's me, ladychoding07. i hope you liked this update, it took me a really long time to update. i'm sorry T^T but i hope you'll continue to support this story and BaekYeon! :D

Will Baekhyun and Taeyeon complete their bucket list? Find out in the next chapters.

Comments are highly appreciated. :)