day two

Crazy

chapter 8


 

/Baekhyun's POV/

"So, you're back."

I rolled over to the left side of my bed and looked at Kai, constantly playing with his fingers. The light from the window crept through the room.I got up slowly and stretched my arms. Then, I asked Kai, "What time is it?"

"Bath? I'm not accustomed to the schedule here. But I guess we'll have to choose a new hobby today. Like sewing or painting."

"The nurse came in already?"

"Yeah. Just a few moments ago. And she informed me she received a call from your brother, Trevor."

"Ah, Kyungsoo."

"Such a classy name."

"Well, he was born in the US. He's got dual citizenship. Lucky brat," I explained.

I looked back at the hole on the wall. Taeyeon must be on her way now. Our plan's working out really well. I stood up and got ready for the day. Kai and I talked about last night, but I never told him that Taeyeon and I would help him see Krystal once again.This is the hard part. I think Taeyeon and I should talk when he's asleep or when he's not around.

St. Dymphna's Mental Institution has this schedule all the patients should follow (whether you're sane or not). Mental patients don't live in their cells/rooms forever. Patients who are depressed or diagnosed with mild disorders get to have a chance to take art and music lessons. Some engage in sewing and other kinds of hobbies. After that, we go to the doctor for a checkup or a therapy. Then, we go to the garden and relax. We eat, get ready for bedtime just like children and doze off. It's a little bit creepy during the night. It's really silent and gloomy. But the silence can be interrupted by the "insane", the "troubled" and the "hopeless". Nurses are always on the run during the midnight when somebody yells or screeches in their rooms. Doctors don't stay here forever as well. They have shifts.

If I were my Dad, I wished he just sent me to a hostel. I don't belong here. Well, that's how I think. I haven't really talked to my doctor straight ever since I came here because I was so stubborn. Anyway, that doesn't matter.

When we were all done (bath, changing of clothes, breakfast, exercise), I was told to go to the receiving center where I saw Kyungsoo and Wendy. And Taeyeon. I'm happy to see them.

"I was supposed to go to my room, but your brother asked me if I was Taeyeon and I just nodded my head and here I am," Taeyeon said as she ran to me.

I chuckled and patted her head, "Whatever. Let's get this done, Kim Taeyeon-ssi."

Wendy and Kyungsoo stood up as they saw me. I gave them a hug. I miss my siblings so much. I miss spending Friday nights with them, whether at home or not.We then sat down together.

"I don't know what came into your mind suddenly, hyung," Kyungsoo said.

"Getting out of here would be really hard, oppa," Wendy added.

"Don't worry about me, okay? I'm also doing this for a reason. Have you washed my car already?" I looked at my siblings.

"I told Ahjumma to do it when Tiffany and Dad leave the manor," Wendy replied.

"Good!" I clapped my hands.

"How long will you be out together? A week would cause you both enough trouble," Kyungsoo asked. He was really worried.

"Three days, Kyungsoo-ssi," Taeyeon answered.

"What if the institution finds out about the two of you leaving and prolongs your stay here?" Kyungsoo asked.

"We don't really care at all. We're also doing this for a purpose. The explanations come at the last part. Trust me. We're mental patients. We're good at fabricating stories," Taeyeon winked.

"I like her, oppa. You should seriously date her," Wendy whispered.

I smiled. "Soon."

Kyungsoo sighed, "If this is what you really want... I'll park the car tonight by the back gate. I'll put everything you need in the car, including cash. Aish! I don't know what to do with you guys. I'll just trust you then."

Taeyeon and I looked at each other. She placed her hand on top of mine beneath the table. I hope my siblings didn't see that.

"It's better if we give oppa some freedom. Because he doesn't deserve being here," Wendy said.

"Okay then. We'll help you when you need us," Kyungsoo said.


 

 

The night came and the lights outside were turned off one by one. Kai was sitting by his bed, holding a picture of Krystal. I leaned in to the hole and looked at Taeyeon. She was combing her hair. I called her.

"Hey. Did you tell Kai about tomorrow?" Taeyeon asked.

"I heard my name. What's up?" Kai put the picture down.

"Um, hey... Kai-ssi. Can I ask a favor?"

Kai looked through the hole, "So this is Kim Taeyeon-ssi. Hello. What do you want me to do?"

"We want you to cover things up once again. We'll be in and out for three days," Taeyeon said.

"No problem. If it's for the both of you. You two are the only friends I 've got here."

"Thank you, Kai-ssi! Heard that Baekhyun-ssi?"

I smiled. I love looking at her cheerful face. I hope she stays that way.