the roommate

Crazy

crazy

chapter 05


 

 

/Baekhyun's POV/

The door creaked open. I was barely awake when I heard voices near the door. I sat up straight on my bed and rubbed my eyes. I could say that the medicine the doctor gave me really put me into deep slumber. I can't see clearly.

A nurse greeted me and placed a large bag on the opposite bed of the room. I squinted my eyes and saw a lean guy standing by the door. He has messy brown hair. Two male nurses accompanied him inside. I observed them.

"Byun Baekhyun-ssi?," One of the nurses called my attention.

"O-Oh. Yes, it's me," I confirmed to them.

"This is your new roommate, Kim Jong In," the nurse introduced my distracted roommate.

Just then, Jong In corrected the nurse, "It's Kim Kai. Kai!"

"Kim Kai," the nurse rephrased what he said.

"I hope both of you will dwell in peace," the other nurse said.

"Don't worry," I assured them.

Both of them walked away, without giving me further details about the new guy. I kept silent for awhile, picking out the stack of books Kyungsoo delivered to me. As I stared at Kai secretly, I remembered Taeyeon. How can I talk to her now? I need to befriend Kai so that Taeyeon and I could still communicate.

"Hey. What's your name?" Kai glared at me. I was taken aback.

"Byun Baekhyun. In case you haven't heard the nurses," I replied.

"Dude, I don't know why I'm here. But whatever you want to do, do it. I won't bother you," Kai said.

"O-Okay."

He looks mad at himself. I don't want to ask more about him since he looks very stern. But I have one more thing to ask of him.

"Um, Kai..."

He looked at me. His left arm was hanging freely by the side of the bed.

"What?" he asked.

"If it's okay with you... can I move your bed during night time?" I asked him politely.

He looked puzzled. "Why?"

"You see, there's this girl.... this girl....Aish! This girl I'm starting to fall in love with. She resides at the next room. And we talk to each other through a hole near your bed," I explained. I used the label I always wanted to use in introducing Taeyeon. It's good to have a roommate sometimes. You have someone to spill your secrets with; that is if he/she is trusted.

He chuckled. "You're in love with a patient next door?"

I nodded my head. What's wrong with that?

"Dude. Be careful with your love. Love is the reason why I'm here," Kai said.

"But is it really okay for me to move your bed?" I asked.

"Mmm-hmm.", he nodded his head, "Just please don't be too noisy."

"No one else knows except you," I said.

He stretched his hands. "Great."

"But about the reason why you're here... I'm your roommate. I guess I have a right to know why you're here at St. Dymphna's," I brought the topic back.

"Krystal Jung, Krystal Jung. She was my heaven and earth," Kai uttered.