the new friend

Crazy

chapter 03


/Taeyeon's POV/

Jessica and I wandered around the garden for awhile. Today, she's going to leave me for good. The Jung Family will be here soon, welcoming their beautiful Jessica back to the real world. The doctors already prescribed her medicine. She is still required to come here for check-ups, though. It is said that her panic disorder started appearing when she was kidnapped. I don't know if she was . I never wanted to ask stuff like that.

I'm gonna miss her. She was the one who befriended me and made me feel better when I first came here. I still couldn't adjust to my new environment that time. We sat down together, admiring all the sweet-looking flowers around us. While the cold wind blew against our faces, I saw Byun Baekhyun by himself. I wanted to go talk to him, but not now. I need to spend my time with Jessica.

"Do you have a wish for me? I might fulfill it when I finally go back home.", Jessica asked me.

"I just want you to be happier.And don't you ever forget your medicine.", I said.

"That's it?"

"Um... may you find a boyfriend who will take care of you, too."

We laughed. Everything was over when the doctor came alongside the Jung Family. Jessica ran towards them and was hugged by her sister, Krystal. Krystal was taller and she resembles her sister a little bit. No offense, but I have to say that Krystal is prettier. They were in tears when they hugged. It was like watching a family reunion.

I envied her. I wanted to go out, too. My case seems to be a lot simpler than hers. I'm just depressed. I'm ready to go out. But I have this fear that when I hear stuff related to Suho, I might return to my old self. I waved at Jessica and she nodded. My nurse accompanied me back inside to eat dinner.

Now, I'm all alone. I can have another roommate next week or next month. We don't know yet. Having someone treated at a mental hospital is such a burden. Imagine all the money you have to spend just to get someone back to his/her knees. Maybe that's why I didn't hesitate to come here. I wanted to get treated. I wanted to be okay.

As I ate, I felt deep sadness inside me.

I went back to my room. Tears gushed down my face. The night was approaching. I hugged my knees and cried. This is what I usually do when I'm left alone. I can still remember his scent, his smile and his touch. His voice still resounds in my head. If only I can forget you, Suho.

"A-Are you okay?", a masculine voice said.

I snapped out of it and wiped my tears. I listened closely. Am I having hallucinations?

"W-W-W-Who's there?!", I stuttered.

"Look over here. There's a hole near Miss Jung's bed.", the voice replied.

I looked to the right and jumped off my bed. I pulled Jessica's bed slowly. I saw an eye poking out of the dark hole. I gasped. "How long have you been watching? Who are you?"

"Don't worry. It's me, Baekhyun. I haven't seen any bad stuff. Trust me.", Baekhyun answered.

"You scared me!", I yelled.

"Shhh.", he hushed me and laughed.

It's the first time I heard him laugh. It's good to hear people being happy. The hole was big enough to let me peek at his face and the bed behind him. I assume he's got no roommate.

"Jessica-ssi is out already? Too bad I didn't get the chance to meet her.", he said.

"Yeah. She's alright.", I told him.

"Are you okay? You seem...lonely.", he added.

"Who wouldn't be? Now that you've talked to me, there's no escaping! Tell me about yourself?", I pointed at the hole.

Through the cold night, I heard his story. Byun Baekhyun. Otherwise known as Baek or Sajangnim. He is the son of a rich business tycoon. He told me his horrible life experiences and hsi usage of prohibited drugs. He had numerous suicidal attemps as well.With his father gone mad about everything and making their youngest maid a concubine, I can say Baekhyun has a bigger problem than me.

He reminds me of Suho a little in a way that he is a person filled with passion and determination. But he's a lot humorous than I imagined. At first, you expect him to be the serious-type because he's a CEO. Then, he cracks up jokes and you think to yourself : "How can problematic people act like this?"

He was about to ask me about my story, but the nurse came and gave me my evening meds. So much for the chit-chat. He stuck his index finger out the hole and I touched it with mine. He said, "Good night, Taengoo."

 


[A/N] Short. But I hope you love today's update. Thank you for giving me some love and appreciation through upvoting. Thanks to : iheartdeers, bronzenimbus108, Tehah_sonexotics and ametista. Continue supporting by waiting for the next update~ The happy moments will be coming soon~