A Worn Out Sponge

Little Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a short one. Sorry for the crappy title. T.T

---------

 

A Worn Out Sponge

 

“How come it’s us?”, Sunny asked as Taeyeon and she were the ones who lost in the dish washing game.

Taeyeon just chuckled and positioned herself at the kitchen sink as the washer so Sunny could help her in rinsing. Taeyeon reached for the gloves and handed a pair to Sunny as the former knew how the later never used one. “Put in on”

Sunny rolled her sleeves and wore the rubber gloves, “Really, how did we never buy any dishwasher machine?”

Taeyeon knew Sunny really disliked doing kitchen-related things, like cooking and of course, dish washing. “It doesn’t wash that well”, Taeyeon the warm water to washed excess oil.

Sunny knew the reason; it was her who refused to buy the machine on their shopping outings last year and Taeyeon just used the same sentence to attack back on her. She whined when Taeyeon started their work, “Ahh.. I will just stay home when you guys go buy things next time”

“Then be prepared to receive an overpaid bill. You know Tiffany was uncontrollable when it came to shopping”, Taeyeon soaped a bowl and handed it to Sunny’s sink. “You’re the only one who could”

Sunny the tap and just let the water ran down on the slippery surface. “Were”, she muttered weakly. And Taeyeon knew she shouldn’t mention Tiffany’s name as Sunny had broken up with Tiffany and things between them were fine but not like before.

Taeyeon wanted to say Sorry but knew there was nothing to be sorry about. Stuff like this always happened and Sunny, either Tiffany was mature enough to know they couldn’t maintain whatever they were before when they decided to started things together.

So Taeyeon silently washed the dishes and passed them to Sunny who also said nothing.

The clanking sound of glass and ceramics and running water kept the air busy. There wasn’t an awkward space left between them as they had already spent 10 years together, more like they knew their places and respected each other’s boundaries.

“Déjà vu.” Sunny broke the silence as she watched Taeyeon squeezed the sponge to get more soap.

Taeyeon did a weak nose laugh, “we had been in this situation countless times before, aren’t we?” She kept doing the dishes.

Sunny nodded at heart and continued her paused work. “It was helpful really”, Sunny shook t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter