Knock Knock

Little Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this story genre was definitely different from stories before :)

Njoy~

--------

Knock Knock

 

In a Saturday evening, Sunny was sitting on the sofa and cooled herself with a can of soda, patting Sogeum that purred on her lap. She intended to spend her entire free day being a potato couch with no one was home. Taeyeon was back to JeonJu and Tiffany went on some food travel with SooYoung and they wouldn’t be back until the day after tomorrow. Sunny didn’t expect HyoYeon to come home today as it was her club night and she probably would crash on Min’s house instead.  

Sunny let go all of her stress and spread her arms over the sofa head as she caught up her favorite drama on the TV and let the mystery unraveled. She was getting more into the scenes when the front door bell rang.

Sogeum jumped off her lap and ran off to somewhere else, her bedroom probably.

“Who?”, Sunny wondered aloud as she sat up and went to open the door.

She was surprised to see Yoona was there.

Sunny was about to greet her member with a hug before the latter just walked into the room and headed straight to the old bedroom, the one that was right beside Sunny’s. Seen from Yoona’s gloomy expression, something must be troubled her and needed some space alone, so Sunny just shrugged her shoulder off and closed the door.

Didn’t want to get the spit of someone’s bad mood and ruined her day, Sunny continued her drama. It has been awhile since she had this kind of leisure time and it seemed like she enjoyed it too much. Hours were passed unknowingly and Sunny was surprised to see how dark the sky had been.

After a shower, Sunny went to look for Sogeum as it was her meal time. She wondered where Sogeum went as the cat wasn’t in her cardboard house. Usually Sogeum would be at Sunny’s feet, acted cute by flicking its tail and meowing at the time Sunny took out the boiled chicken from the pot. She called out Sogeum’s name and clicked her tongue as she placed Sogeum’s food bowl on the feeding place to lure her out.

Not listening to her call, Sunny went into her bedroom to search the corner where Sogeum usually took a nap but the cat wasn’t there. Sunny was about to check the cat tower when she heard a meow come from under her bed.

Sunny kneeled down and saw a white ball of fur and two shining eyes in the shadow; the meow sound was heard again, “Oh, there you are! C’me here”

Sunny stretched her arms in and wrapped her fingers around Sogeum as the cat didn’t bother to move an inch from the spot. “It’s dusty there, silly”, Sunny said as she brought Sogeum out and carried the cat to her feeding place.

“Eat, eat them well.  Tonight’s meal is the best right? You should come out earlier”, Sunny smiled motherly and pet Sogeum’s head as the cat sniffed the food and ate it well.

“Should I have chicken as dinner too?”, Sunny thought and left Sogeum space to have her meal. Sunny back to plopped down to the sofa and fetch her phone on the table.

Before she made the call, Sunny glanced at Yoona’s room and wondered if she should ask her. The latter hadn’t come out from the room since she arrived.

But maybe Yoona needed some private space and time, Sunny considered. So, Sunny decided that she should wait until the next morning and offered her ears.

 

---

 

 

In the middle of the night, Sunny was awake as she heard someone knocked her bedroom door twice.

the desk lamp within reach, Sunny said, “Come in”

 She waited for the knob to be turned but nothing happened. She looked at the red blinking light on her digital clock stated 2 A.M. in the morning.

Annoyed, Sunny pulled herself off the blanket. She muttered under her breath, “Don’t tell me Hyoyeon came home drunk again”, and opened the door by herself.

But, only the dark living room greeted her.

No one was there.

 

---

 

 

The next morning, Sunny asked Hyoyeon her whereabouts.

She waited for a reply and did Yoga as she was guilty for last night’s box of spicy chicken. But her will lasted only for 15 minutes and she packed the mattress back.

Sunny went to the kitchen and knocked at Yoona’s door as she passed, offering breakfast. But her knocks were reply by the air. Sunny was worried for a bit but found it was unnecessary. It was Yoona, she must be awake earlier than Sunny and jogged around for an hour.

Sunny prepared a sandwich for herself and boiled potato for Sogeum. She set Sogeum’s breakfast first then put her own on the coffee table and some channel.

She had her first bite of the sandwich when her phone dinged. A new message from Hyoyeon.

On Min’s. What’s up?

So, was it Yoona who knocked her door last night?

Sunny saw someone walked passed from corners of her eyes, to the kitchen. In white.

Sunny’s neck had goose bumps.

The kitchen wasn’t fully seen as there was a floor to ceiling mounted shelves that disrupted the view.

Sunny was debating within herself whether she should check the white shadow like those in movies or ran away. She had no option to do the first since there was nowhere she could go to.

So despite of the thumping heart inside her ribcage and the nervous system that prepared to broke down for the worst case, Sunny took small steps forwards and craned her neck to see passe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter